cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 crack by microphone hole or IR blaster?

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G3 crack by microphone hole or IR blaster?

Has anyone yet experienced a crack in the body of their LG G3 around the microphone hole or the IR blaster?  I've only used mine for a few weeks, but so far so good. 

LG G3 owners complain about cracks through the microphone opening

Sadly The LG G3 Cracks - Shows The Cheap Plastic Build Quality - YouTube

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: LG G3 crack by microphone hole or IR blaster?

I have a crack by my IR blaster that just showed up. I am not happy about it.

Master

stutskey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Is this a new phone that you received? If yes; How did you receive the phone? The store or by mail? If this is a phone that you already had, do you have insurance? Please let me know. Thank you.

Menia Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sorry to grave dig but I have this same exact problem. It's a device design defect, LG is aware of it but anyone on contract is meant to go through their carrier to resolve this. It just showed up a couple weeks ago, I've been hesitant trying to see if I can get it replaced because I know Sprint will want to charge me even though it's not from user neglect, it's a design flaw. The phone was designed with that thin curve and because of it the material they used it eventually cracks, I guess it starts from the mic hole because it's the weakest points on the device.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat