cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 "No Sim Card"

Journeyman

LG G3 "No Sim Card"

I've had my LG G3 on lease from Sprint for 15 months. I was holding my phone yesterday and all of the sudden a notification pops up stating that the SIM card was removed. It clearly had not been. I rebooted, then removed the card and put it back in. It was cleared for a little bit, but soon after the error came back. 

I'm pretty confident it's a software issue since it came from out of nowhere (no new apps, didn't drop the phone, didn't open the back of it, etc). But I can't get a new phone since I still "owe" 9 months on this lease. 

Does it really matter if I have a SIM card? My phone seems to be working just fine, still has all my contacts and apps. This SIM card came with the phone and I assume would just be going back with it when I turn it back in. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: LG G3 "No Sim Card"

Good morning jlthompson19, It looks like you have done all the basic troubleshooting steps. The next step will be to take the device to one of our Sprint store. The device will be review and our tech will determine if they need to change the SIM card or do more troubleshooting. Go to http://sprint.co/1MJqD1f so you can find the nearest store to you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

Re: LG G3 "No Sim Card"

the sim card is what allows you to connect to Sprints services . the SD card is what keeps your phones data like pics etc..
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat