Did you mean: 

LG G3 software update - version LS990ZVF

Journeyman

Features/Enhancements:

• Google Security Patch - September, 2016

Important Info:

• Phased roll-out of the update starts on 10/3/16 and will be completed by 10/7/16
  • Keep in mind devices receive the update in phases each day. Customer Care cannot tell users when they will exactly get the update.  Please do not call asking.  Thanks
Tags (4)
8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: LG G3 software update - version LS990ZVF

Since this update was received, my G3 will not connect to WiFi. The WiFi button shows it "scanning" but when I go into WiFi settings, it shows WiFi as "off" and will not let me turn it on. I have done a factory reset and restore and still no luck. This started the day I received the update, immediately following a reboot of the phone.

Journeyman

It looks like a number of LG G3 owners are having a "No SIM card" problem following this update - see:

Re: No Sim card icon in notification

Is this a known issue?

Journeyman

I've also noticed that there doesn't seem to be a RDF document for ls990ZVF - this URL gives a 404:

http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS990-SPRINT/LS990ZVF.rdf

The ZVE link works, and "/latest" is still ZVE:

http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS990-SPRINT/LS990ZVE.rdf

http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS990-SPRINT/latest

Not sure if this is related at all.

Journeyman

This updated when to my phone either Sunday night or some time Monday morning.  Ever since Monday afternoon I'm having issues with my phones screen flickering and then slowly fading to black or the screen will just shut off and you can't turn it back on for a couple of mins.  I have already tried doing a factory reset on the phone and it's still happening.

Do you know if a fix for this issue is going to be rolled out?  I remember something like this happening around June of July 2015 when a update was pushed out.  Thanks!

Journeyman

Same issue here.  I didn't notice that it started happening right after an update, but it may have.  Been about two weeks for me.

GrandMaster

have any of you attempted to back up the phone and reset it? actually i would start with a partition wipe first..run it for a while to see if anything has changed..if not make sure its backed up and perform a factory reset on it. i jumped over to one of my go to sites to see if they are seeing the same thing and sure enough they are..so this is going to be something LG must kick a fix out to take care of. i'll check and see if there are any work arounds for it in the mean time.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thank you for your generous willingness to help!  If I may bug you for a little clarification...  It sounds like your're saying I should do the following sequence of steps:

1. partition wipe; then, as long as nothing has changed:
  2. back up
  3. factory reset

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, since these are all steps I've never done before, I'm a little clueless as to how to do them. Do you have recommended tools? Keep in mind that installing new apps may be problematic for me as I don't have wi-fi connectivity right now. 🙂

Now, you said I should "run the partition wipe for a while to see if anything has changed".  I assume that the wipe displays its progress and status as it runs. What should I do if it does detect that "something has changed"?  Abort the whole process?

From the latter part of your comment I take it that this is more of an LG problem than a Sprint problem. If that's the case, should I/we stop bothering Sprint to provide a resolution?

Thanks again!

GrandMaster

the steps to do a partition/cache wipe are a bit different device to device so your best bet on looking that one up is through Google. on my LG V20 its actually in the settings menu..on my prior HTC phones there was a sequence of steps you had to do to access this. clearing of the cache/partition is basically just dumping temp files from your phone that it might have hung onto longer than really needed. it could also be hanging onto corrupt/jumbled data which could affect your phone if its still trying to read it. i would for sure wait until you are around a wifi connection before doing a factory reset though. the phone itself should auto back up all your info but you might want to go into your settings -general i think since its that way on my V20 and look for backup & reset..then see how its set up to back up. then scan through the other settings in there to make sure it does stuff like auto restore etc. the factory reset should always be your last resort since its more labor intensive to get everything set back up.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat