cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 wifi won't turn on

Go to solution

LG G3 wifi won't turn on

A little over a month ago, the wifi stopped working on my LG G3. It worked fine, then I put the phone into airplane mode, turned it off altogether for my flight, then when I powered up, the wifi wouldn't turn on. I can click the wifi button in the quick menu and it seems like it will turn on, but nothing happens. If I hold that button, it takes me to the wifi networks screen with the wifi in the off position. I turn it on, but it doesn't search for wifi, and no networks show up even when other devices I have are using wifi. After about 30-45 seconds of being in the 'on' position, the button slides back on its own to the 'off' position. I took it to a Sprint store and they said nothing was wrong with the hardware, so I then factory reset it, and still no wifi. LG wants me to send it in, but it's no longer under warranty, and I'm just resigned to the fact that I'll probably have to get a new phone.

Around the same time as the wifi issues started, I was getting a no sim card error even though the sim card was there (and not damaged). That error has since stopped showing up. I didn't damage the phone in any way (no liquid, haven't dropped it, etc.) before this happened, either.

Has anyone had this problem? And if so, please tell me you figured out a way to fix it!

21 REPLIES 21

Re: LG G3 wifi won't turn on

Moved to Customer Service

GrandMaster

1-go into your settings-apps-all and locate the wifi app..clear the data and cache from it..then restart your phone and try to use it..

if that doesnt work

2-google how to do a partition/cache wipe on the device..you will not lose any personal info from the phone doing this...once its done restart it and test.

post back if either of these work or dont work..... the FR should have cleared it up though so these might not even work..but at this point its worth a shot. did LG say how much it would cost to get it looked at?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

Thanks for responding. Forgive my ignorance, but what would the wifi app be called? The only thing I have listed on the 'all apps' screen that mentions wifi is 'Wifi-calling". Maybe I'm missing something critical and that's why my wifi doesn't work?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i looked through my HTC phone and im finding stuff for the widget etc but nothing fully specific to just wifi...cant exactly hurt doing the above steps to it..i wouldnt do it to the wifi calling app though. in my phone i can look up or select "show system apps" do you have any options like that?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

I don't have any sort of wifi app, and when I tried to find anything related to system apps, nothing came up. One of my coworkers has a LG G3 (but on T-Mobile), so we sat side-by-side and looked for both wifi and a way to show system apps. She was able to find both, but they were missing on my phone. (I do remember the system apps option being there long ago, when wifi was working.)

In searching Google for more, I found out that I don't have a MAC address (it says "unavailable"), which might be part of the problem.

GrandMaster

hrm...do a network reset. since you have a LG phone it should be ##72786# . just google how to do a network reset on a sprint LG G3 to fully make sure first. i believe all android phone use the same code to do this but i want to fully make sure first lol.

GrandMaster

network reset..not factory reset or system reset..network..basically it wipes all the saved up network info and forces the phone to search it all out again as if it was the first time it was ever turned on.

GrandMaster

ok just confirmed it. the ##72786# is the network reset for android devices..so try that and let me know if it works or not. if it doesnt i might have something else to try.

Hi again,

I tried this last night, and it didn't work for me. And now the "No SIM card" error is showing up again.

From looking online and at forums, I think I need a Wi-Fi system app (can this even be downloaded?) and my MAC address to somehow show up again.

[or a new phone haha]

GrandMaster

hrm..wonder if the sim card or the tray itself is going out on it? you can try shutting down the phone, remove the sim card then cleaning the contacts to see if it fixes that or not.

Journeyman

Same problem, exact same problem and nothing seems to work!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat