cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lg g3 - proxy server fail!

Journeyman

Lg g3 - proxy server fail!

I love my LG G3 except for one thing that I have never experienced on Sprint or any other phone ever. When trying to browse the internet using either Chrome or LG's Browser, I frequently encounter a message that says, "Unable to connect to proxy server." both on and off WiFi (more so on wifi). I also receive network errors when using certain apps such as ebay or Facebook. In looking into this problem, I found out that it was recommended that I update my PRL and profile. I have done this numerous times. I've also cleared all cache and cookies and restarted the phone. Each time doing it corrects the problem for a while, but the problem returns in short order. This occurs on BOTH lg g3s that I have. Even after the recent system update and I even replaced my wireless router. Called tech support without success in fixing the issue. Have there been any resolutions without having to resort to factory reset? That's such an inconvenience! This started happening after 2 months of using the phone, and a month after getting the second one. How do I know that it won't just happen again after going through the hassle of the factory reset!? I've been with sprint a while and have had many phones, but never ever had to deal with such an annoying problem! Thanks for any information in advance! :

9 REPLIES 9
Master

Re: Lg g3 - proxy server fail!

missdrt, We understand your concerns and apologize for any inconvenience. We thank you for also being a loyal customer to us. Try resetting the network setting using your Sprint Zone App. After resetting the network settings, monitor both phones. If you're still experiencing the same issue. We recommend bringing both phones in one of our Sprint repair stores before trying to do a master reset. If you have further questions or concerns, we're here to assist you.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Try turning off the Sprint Data Optimizer..

I was having similar issues..

It worked for me, may effect data usage tho

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with the person above. I was having same issue right after i got my G3. Nobody could figure it out to the point where i was given another brand new G3. Same issue, turned off Data optimizer and ive never had an issue again.

Journeyman

So I tried this and it made worse! Couldn't get any data anywhere or on wifi Smiley Sad lol I had to take it to the sprint store - they entered some code (like ##ss.. Whatever) it reset the network itself to factory settings. So far so good. No issues on or off WiFi since. Hope it keeps up!

Journeyman

I have had that happen and I cleared all my cache, etc just like you said but I had to I clear the data on my browser to make the problem stop. It will give you the warning about how you will lose all your data, settings, etc but I just did it. I couldn't find another solution, I even took it to a Sprint Store for help with no luck. I hope maybe this might help you.

I had the problem before the update though. I had a few issues after the update and I did end up doing a hard reset, I am not a real "techy" and at first I was nervous about the thought of resetting my phone but I backed everything up and did it, my phone is great now, I recommend this to anyone.

Journeyman

My error messages have returned! :'( have you had any issues return since your hard reset? I feel like that if I go through the trouble of doing that, that the issue may still come back (that would be my luck) I went to the sprint store today to seek help again, but they were closed! I guess I'll try the reset before venturing back there again...

Journeyman

Having the same issue.  I "Upgraded" to the LG G3 a few weeks ago from the Galaxy 3 and whether it be on WIFI or the Sprint Network I get a Proxy Server Connection Fail Message 90 percent of the time I try to do anything.. Defeats the purpose of paying all this money for a smart phone that doesn't work.  I've tried all the fixes for people experiencing the same issue and no help.  The LG G3 is just straight trash and Sprint better let me return this piece of [inappropriate word removed] for a Galaxay S5.

Message was edited by: TheModerator -  This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Journeyman

So I reset my phone to factory reset. It's been a month now. Guess what message I finally received today?! That stupid proxy server error!!

Calling sprint tomorrow and calling around for a new carrier if they don't fix the issue immediately. Good thing that other companies are willing to pay the termination fees for switching now a days.

Journeyman

My issue gets even weirder.  Please tell me if any of you have had this too. My internet kept going in and out on the wifi.  So I did a factory reset, and now it is gone completely. However, my apps still work, except if I want to follow a link.  My email sends and receives with attachments fine, but once again, cannot follow a link. I cannot install games via Playstore, but when I tried to get it to push it by purchasing it from my computer, it would not load, but my phone was able to receive a message to tell me it could not load it.  My sms and mms work fine, I can send and receive pictures and group texts fine. If I turn on wifi however, I can only make phone calls and nothing else will work.

*NOTE: I might also say it was so difficult to get to this page logged in.  I had to use 3 different browsers to finally get to this page as a signed in user.  Ridiculous.  As a company based on technology, I would think you could get your website to work a little better!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat