Journeyman

Lollipop Roll Call

Today is Feb 16th aka "Lollipop Day" for G3 users

Can we get consumer feedback on when you receive the OTA

thanks

33 REPLIES 33
Journeyman

Re: Lollipop Roll Call

Nothing good to report. My phone will turn on after the update, but i can't get it to unlock, can't open ANYTHING, and it won't charge.

Thanks guys. :/

Wizard

Hello, Do yourself a favor and clean out your phone real good before you do the update! Do a partition wipe and a good cache clean 1st.  This can only help. the partition wipe will clean out all of the old temporary and junk files that can cause the new update to malfunction. This is only the minimum precaution you should take. Doing nothing will in many cases cause a bad update. I am only trying to help. Good luck.

Master

fuzzychapstick

Very sorry for the experience. Have you done any troubleshooting steps on the device?

- Robtisha
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the LG G3 and have not recieved the update to lolipop can you please tell me why I haven't and when I should recieve it thank you for your time

Master

truckdriver1996

Here to help. A lot of updates are released in waves. It's possible your device just hasn't been hit yet. You should probably see after a few days.

- Patrick N.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Is it a day by day wave or hour by hour wave? In just want to know so I don't wear out the "check for update" location on my screen unnecessarily...

Highlighted
Journeyman

i was just told in chat with a Sprint rep...

Nathan S.: We can update it via store and it will be our store representative who will set it up for you. But solicit advice, I would suggest to stay on the current version since the new one needs to be enhance, just giving an advice.

Journeyman

Who the heck has time to visit a store to get an update? So incredibly disappointed with Sprint - other carriers have this already and we're last!  Nothing here!

Journeyman

Wave rollouts suck!

Journeyman

The only other carrier to get it was AT&T and that was last week. T-Mobile & verizon haven't even issued an expected date yet. Relax

Journeyman

I updated my S5 on Saturday the 14th. The UI was very bad on my eyes. That all white background that I could not change. The battery started draining and I have very few app mind you. I dont do social media like that. I did some net surfing and went back to Kit Kat 4.4.4.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat