Journeyman

Lollipop Roll Call

Today is Feb 16th aka "Lollipop Day" for G3 users

Can we get consumer feedback on when you receive the OTA

thanks

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Master

CMichelleBe, Thank you for posting. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We'd be glad to help.

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

No questions or concerns. I went back to the firmware that came with the phone. Kit Kat 4.4.4. My friend on another carrier was sent a new phone with Kit Kat because he didnt want to try to downgrade himself. Its not a Sprint problem but a Google problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's odd that only one person said they got it and they're having issues. It's not like sprint would tell us the actual truth. Has it hit a snag? It doesn't take this long, you people ran off a good portion of customers with your lies and lousy customer service so. Why hasn't it hit yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess no one at sprint knows how these roll outs work ? I stopped into a sprint store yesterday I spoke with a sprint rep who told me this update could take 4 weeks for all LG G3 users to get the update. Seems a bit rediculous some have to wait weeks after others already have it . Not one sprint rep Ive spoke to has given me the same answer I've heard everything from one day to now a month c'mon sprint get it together and be honest with us it's getting very fustrating to say the least. Maybe time to look at a differant carrier and I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got my OTA 3am 2/23/15 Twin Cities, MN

All going well so far!!

Better late then never!!

Thanks Sprint for the fast update!

Suck it Tmob and Verizon users!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I highly recommend NOT believing much of anything heard in a Sprint store!! IMO have have caught too many stretching the truth......to flat out making stuff up! Hope you get lollipop soon truckD!

Highlighted
Journeyman

well its the 23rd..

still no lollipop for me..

StL Metro area waiting, today the normally LTE signal at work is now 3G, WTF

I've been a sprint customer since 1999, maybe we should start rolling out the updates by seniority, yeah, that's the ticket!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My LG G3 is trying to download an update but I continually get "Insufficient space available to download - 609.9 MB" which is ridiculous as I have 20GB of free space right now.. (Only had the phone for 6 weeks).

I think this update may be bugged.

Highlighted
Master

TGREENIII1, I understand you have storage available but I'd like to double check that all steps have been covered. Have you been able to clear the cache, http://sprint.co/1rnsrXj? You may also be able to Download and install an App Cache Cleaner app as well. Please let me know if this is helpful.

- Sarah
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem here. I even went as far as removing my email accounts, all of my downloaded apps, disabling most app and cleaning the cache from my phone. All with no luck. Then you ask us to install more apps to try and help free up space? I don't understand where you are coming from with that. Maybe I should have stayed with HTC.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have cleared all cache, deleted all residual files I can find.  I know clearing cache is always the first and usually only response any one gives on these types of issues but this is a deeper issue then simply cleaning cache.  Something else is going on with this update.

Highlighted
Wizard

This error message occurs when you have deleted large portions of data and the data didn't clear out completely. Check out this Web Address. http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/google-android/3498845/how-fix-androids-insufficient-storage-avail...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat