cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop Roll Call

Journeyman

Re: Lollipop Roll Call

As was stated above, my cache has been cleared, numerous times now.  I have 20 GB of free space and can download other apps and updates no problem... It has something to do with this system update.

Master

RDK927

I suggest simply doing a factory reset on the device http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Perform_a_factory_reset_LG_G3/52753-101. Once the reset is complete the device will restart with the most current update.

- Clyde
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

OK Clyde. If you were actually paying attention then you would see that last post I did was simply to show why the issue that TGREENlll! has an issue. This is the cause but this may not be the only cause. As for me my phone works flawlessly no thanks to SprintCare! I had to fix it myself. With a little online research everyone can fix their phones. Why can't you guys?

Master

RDK927
I am sorry you feel I wasn't paying attention, because your post was the first in my thread I responded to it in hopes that anyone who reads this open forum including TGREENIII1 can use my suggestion to factory rest and bypass any other steps like clearing cache.

- Clyde
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ok. I reset my phone and still no luck

Highlighted
Wizard

Hello, I have been doing a lot of online research and I found that it may not be the cache that is the problem. One of the causes is that cellphones have ram like a computer and so the RAM. many cellphones have 2 GB of RAM and some have more. Now depending on how many apps you have they can take up a lot of your ram. When you do an up date it has to go through RAM 1st. You can clean out all of the caches but that does not mean you have cleaned out enough space. Some of the programs will continuously use the RAM. There by the problem. you can have a lot of storage and still cannot upgrade. Like you said a reset will do nothing! I just looked in running processes in settings and found that you can turn off a lot of running programs. this may help. Please let me know. I am trying to help!

Journeyman

Very good point! Let me make a little recommendation... in Google Play get this free app and run free memory it really helps!

Super Tool Box (10 tools in 1 app)

Journeyman

Good tip, however I reran ATK (Advanced Task Killer) a couple of times and freed up my RAM, immediately tried to process the download, and again ran into a space error. 

I really don't want to have to do a factory reset unless it is the ONLY option as this is a major time waster for me to back up files and what not.  And the reset may not even work based on what I am reading. 

Wizard

Your right. A factory reset is an absolute last resort and probably not do anything to help. I am sure that the issue is in the the memory. i haven't found a good fix yet. I will continue to research this issue.

Journeyman

Loaded and working fine for the most part at 7am this morning. Battery holding normal now at 5 pm. There are a few minor issues but not bad considering the number of apps I have installed and configuring I have done. I guess this version lost a few things like the facial recognition for lock screen?  I didn't read the update notes and just winged it.

My phone is packed with applications and lots of background tasks. I did nothing but hit the button and it worked like a champ the first time.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat