cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop on the way for LG G3 :)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lollipop on the way for LG G3 :)

LG G3 users, looks like we are getting Android Lollipop sooner rather than later.  Tech Times had an article about it today. Can't wait!! 

LG-G3-Android-5-Lollipop-500x446.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Master

xStormyeyesx Thank you for providing this information. For more software updates please visit Sprint.com click on community and it will keep you updated on all the latest software updates. - Tanisha
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

US normally has to wait longer then normal due to carriers adding their stupid software, but LG has confirmed that it will be out before the end of the year and has already started in Poland this week.

Highlighted
Master

Seank_-

Thank you for posting here on our community page. We appreciate your input. Please let us know if you need help with anything. We are here willing to assist at all times.

- JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

So how is the lollipop update, I love it on my nexus 5

Highlighted
Journeyman

So,

When is Sprint actually going to start the Lollipop for the LGs because mine still has the Kit Kat 4.4.2 with the update they gave us for international Wi-Fi calling and nothing else.   They keep saying it's coming, but when is it actually going to be here?

Highlighted
Master

swilson97 - I apologize there has been no official date announced yet and we do not want to speculate. An announcement about the official date is forthcoming.

- John
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

Rumor has it from out on the Web,  probably 2nd quarter.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have it right now. Don't bother. Nothing has really changed. Some buttons are different. That is about it from what I can tell. Battery life is no better. Still Need to charge mine after 4 1/2 to 5 hours of use. Mine gets warmer now than what it did. One thing that gets me is I have reset my phone back to factory a few times. Only because my phone freezes up. And everytime It updates to lollipop. Wtf. I thought once it updates to lollipop thats it. But no every single time it performs the 5.0 update. I dont understand it.

Highlighted
Master

odellrandy -

Every time you erase or factory reset your device, it restores it to the original default factory settings and erases all personal information on the device. This is why the software is still being pushed to your phone every time you reset it. The update is supposed to have a more efficient battery life. Have you considered taking the phone to a local Sprint Store in order to run a diagnostic test? Is there any physical damage to the device? Does the device freeze after the main screen displays or before?

- Gretchen
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

It has got to be the software. Since 5.0.1 my LG G3 also heats up. Also, my texts come in but the ringer and notification no longer go off. I have to open the text app to see if someone messaged me. Its also slower and glitchy.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat