Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed calls and hours late text messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

Missed calls and hours late text messages

over the last 2-3 weeks I have tons of missed calls and late text messages. This hasn't hapened before. Any one have any suggestions or solutions? My battery has also begun draining very quickly this last week and charging slowly... even continuing to drain (at a slower rate) if I'm using it while plugged in.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Master

Re: Missed calls and hours late text messages

LENOXPEMS,

Allow us to help. Does this issue happen in certain location or everywhere? Have you recently had a replacement? Have you installed any updates lately?

West
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I notice it most often at home 37209 and I get decent signal there 3-4 bars LTE.it does happen other places. I've had this phone since before thanksgiving so the problems are more recent. I installed lollipop today so the incidents predate the update.

Highlighted
Master

LENOXPEMS,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing. Have you checked the settings in your phone to see what is using the battery the most? Have you gone through and ensured that all the apps on your phone have been updated to the most current and Lollipop compatible version? Apps that are not properly updated are the most frequent cause of battery drain after an update has been completed. May I have nearby cross streets in 37209 to narrow down your area and check out the services and status of the towers near you?

Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

All of this began before the update, but yes all my apps are uptodate. Facebook is the only app using significant battery but was present before the battery began draining quickly. Cross street is Columbia Avenue and Croley Drive

Highlighted
Master

LENOXPEMS - I would like to take a look into this for you. Can you please fill out the information in this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X, so I can further assist you.- OrichaSprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem which also started around the same time. I am not sure if this is a network area issue or a phone issue since I get most of my calls during work. I work in the culver city Inglewood area. If your problem is the same as mine I do have a "fix". I recommend going to your network settings and changing it from cdma/lte to cdma only, then rebooting your phone. I did this and haven't had anymore call issues, which were calls not even going through, I would just get the voicemails. This kind of defeats the purpose of having an lte phone if you can't take advantage of the service. I am going to try a factory reset, and if all else fails take it in to a sprint store.

Highlighted
Master

HaLo17, I'm sorry that you are experiencing these issues with your device. May I have the nearest cross streets and zip code to the area please? I'd like to check the performance of the towers. Also, once you have performed the master reset, keep me posted on the results. I am here to help. - Vanessa
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Having the same issues. it's the phone, my friend as well is having issues too

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue as well. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 this happened prior to my lollipop OS update. I just downloaded a 3rd party text app to see if this helps If not I will try the cdma method but his is very frustrating to get text messages the next day.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat