cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation nightmare....

Journeyman

Navigation nightmare....

After the latest update to my Lg G3 last week, my Sprint Navigation has not worked properly. The phone can't find a GPS signal at all. As a matter of fact, when I turn it on, it thinks I'm in a location I was at about a week ago.  And what's worse is that somehow, when I have location switched to on, it interferes with my phone call -- dropping them all together.  Took it to Sprint but, of course, they were clueless about what to do.  Thought it had something to do with blocked signals because the Pope was here but that's not the case.  Suggestions?

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

Re: Navigation nightmare....

TraceySm, we need to catch you up on some technology here. You know about Google Navigation right? If not, I'll show you how to use it and you'll love it.

Journeyman

OK...so maybe I have my terminology wrong.  The triangle icon in the upper left corner of the screen, is that Google Navigation or Sprint Navigation? I access it from Google Maps.

Journeyman

OK...so maybe I have my terminology wrong.  The triangle icon in the upper left corner of the screen, is that Google Navigation or Sprint Navigation? I access it from Google Maps

Wizard

Gotcha. That's Google Navigation. I was gonna say.. 🙂 I'll see if I can find anything out for you.

Journeyman

Thanks...Just so you know, This all started after an Android update last week. Phone constantly says " Searching for GPS" no matter where I am, including places I've definitely received signal before. The Sprint Repair folks did the typical updates ( which, honestly, I had already done on my own) but seemed clueless about how to fix this.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Journeyman

I have the same issue!! Along with many others!! I think and feel that the quality of phone for this LG4 is poor quality and to think I am stuck and trapped with the phone for 2 years.  I may have to get another phone for my work as this cant accommodate anything.  I am considering going with another company and paying the penalty as I use my phone so much for work.  Just not functional, practical, and it doesnt work properly.  I was recommended by a sprint agent to go with the LG4 for what I use my phone for with work and it has been a total disaster!!! At such a loss!!

Journeyman

Sorry to here you're having issues with the LG G4.....I didn't upgrade so I'm still using the LG G3 but I can't believe that no one at Sprint is able to figure out why I had GPS capabilities for a year and now, all of the sudden, I don't.  It's very frustrating and I'm with you on switching to a new carrier.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat