cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving an MMS message

Patron

Not receiving an MMS message

I'm not receiving an MMS message from one recipient.  I can see the preview in the messaging list, but then when I open the stream, only the person's name is there. I can see other people commenting on the same thread. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Tags (2)
25 REPLIES 25
Master

Re: Not receiving an MMS message

KCKATIE1 - Thanks for your post. Do you know if others in the MMS thread are able to see what that recipient is sending? It is possible that since that is the only number you are not receiving the messages from, they may be having an issue sending messages. We can definitely do some troubleshooting to make sure though. What type of phone do you have? - Katie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having this exact same problem.  I also am not receiving photos that people are texting to me.  p.s. I just switched to Sprint 5 days ago from T-Mobile.  I am already seriously regretting this move. 

Master

apj5- Oh no! This definitely is not good. Are you having problems viewing all photos being sent? Are you getting an error when trying to view them? Can you receive texts? Are you experiencing any other data problems? Let me know; we're here to help. - Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Now it just seems to be group texts.  I can see the first line preview but when i try to open the message, it is blank. 

Patron

Others can see it. I am having the exact same problem as apj5 just replied...I can see the preview on the text list, but when I open the group text, that persons is blank. I can see everyone else's reply.

Master

apj5

Are you using any third party application for the MMS feature? Try this, turn off the phone for two minutes,turn on the phone. Go to Settings,About Phone,System Updates,Update PRL and then Settings.About Phone,System Updates,Update Profile. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Pamela
Sprint Social Care
Master

KCKATIE1, What make and model device do you have? - Vanessa
Sprint Social Care
Patron

LG G3

Highlighted
Master

KCKATIE1,

Have you tried to have that person send you a single MMS message instead of group? Are you able to send an MMS message to that person? How long has this issue gone on for? Did you recently make any changes or update your phone?

- Marie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am not using any 3rd party MMS feature and I tried doing all of those UPDATE PRL things and it didn't solve the group text problem.

So.

Now what?

Master

apj5,

You are getting direct messages without issue correct? It is just in a group text message situation that you are not seeing the messages in the thread?

- Bran
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat