cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Ambassador: How to take a screenshot with LG G3

Sprint Product Ambassador

G3 backs.JPG

The other day I needed to take a screenshot on my LG G3 and did not know how because each Android phone is a little different on how that works. If you are looking for information on how to take a screenshot on your LG G3, I would like to help with that. LG has provided a couple of options for taking a screenshot and I am going to provide the 2 I use.

button.JPGScreenshot_2014-08-01-17-06-58.png

Where to press to take a screenshot and an example of a screenshot

First option is using the hard key method:

1. Find a screen you want/need to capture
  2. Press in the middle between the volume down and power button (circled above).
    • This will press both buttons at the same time and take a screenshot for you
  3. Screenshot has been taken, saved under Pictures folder and ready to share
    • Once taken, pull down on Status Bar
    • Select Share on the screenshot
    • Then select the method to share the screenshot

Screenshot_2014-08-01-16-59-20.pngQuickMemo _2014-08-01-17-06-06.png

Example of where QuickMemo is found in Quick Settings and screenshot using QuickMemo

The other option I use for taking a screenshot is using QuickMemo. There are a couple of options for pulling up QuickMemo and I am going to provide the steps for how I do it.

1. Make sure QuickMemo is one of the options through Quick Settings
    • Quick Settings has an edit tab that allows the user to select settings or apps to feature in Quick Setting along with order they appear in.
  2. Find a screen you want to capture
  3. Pull down on Status Bar
  4. Select QuickMemo
  5. Enter a note, circle key information to be captured
  6. Select Save icon that looks like a floppy disk
  7. Select Gallery or QuickMemo+ for where you want to save your screenshot
  8. Then Ok

Depending on what I want to capture, the hard key option is the fastest and easiest to share method. The QuickMemo option provides the ability to highlight and apply a note if needed.

If you have not had a chance to see a LG G3 in person, visit a Sprint store near you to all the features a LG G3 offers.

Thanks for reading my blog

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee unlimityourlg