cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy issues with TWC wifi

Journeyman

Proxy issues with TWC wifi

Any explanation why I cannot watch tv through the TWC app anymore? Worked fine on Optimus G. Keep getting an error stating that TWC app does not allow proxy servers. I don't have one set up. It has to be something in the way the G3 processes things now. Only problem is that nobody seems to know why this is happening or what to do to fix it. Ideas? Help? Been a long time Sprint customer and always been able to count on you for answers/help.

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Proxy issues with TWC wifi

gfreely - Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We don't support third party applications, but in order to better assist you, we recommend contacting TWC or even LG. The reason for this is because TWC may have an updated app to provide, or even a way to allow the app to work on your new phone. Let us know if you have any other questions. - Kal Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks. I understand about not supporting 3rd party apps. However, I am fairly certain that the problem stems from something in the way the G3 processes things. I don't think it is the app since it works on all our other devices. The cable company is at a loss and I have not been able to contact anyone at the manufacturer yet.

Master

gfreely, I completely understand that, however when it comes to an issue with a third party app, because we don't know how the app functions and what it would need to operate we cannot provide you with any information that would benefit you in this situation. If the app is interfering with the software, then the best point of contact is the manufacturer. If you do believe that the phone is definitely the root cause of the issue, then a Sprint store repair technician can definitely take a look at the device and perform all the necessary troubleshooting steps. Still, I just would like to reiterate that I am not seeing any restrictions on our side, so the manufacturer is your best bet. If you are not getting very far by phone, you can also try to contact them through email or Facebook.

- Kimberly
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat