cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: LG G3 First Impressions

Journeyman

Its HERE!!!! The best new phone on the market is in my hands and I’m impressed. Which is impressive! HA! I knew this phone would be amazing based on the launch event and the reports from the Korean version all over the net. But somehow, it was still understated! The Quad HD screen is a sight to behold. Skeptics that claim the human eye can’t detect blah blah blah would be lying if they said this wasn’t the best screen they’ve ever seen. Yes 2K content may be hard to come by, but there’s no substitute for the clarity and richness this 5.5in screen provides.

I’ve only had the device for a few days so far, but I can tell LGs new skin is a HUGE step in the right direction. LG has a wonderful combination of android feel and useful overlays that make everything simpler to use/find/see. Everything from the metallic skin on the back of the device, the laser autofocus camera, to the Quad-HD screen and UI enhancements have me feeling like this will easily be one of the best devices this year. Here are the specs and photos of the magestic wonder.

Design

Dimensions: 5.76 x 2.94 x 0.35 inches (146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm)

Weight: 5.26 oz (149 g)

Display

Physical size: 5.5 inches

Resolution: 1440 x 2560 pixels

Pixel density: 538 ppi

Camera:

13 megapixels

Features: Back- illuminated sensor (BSI), Autofocus, Touch to focus, Optical image stabilization,

Face detection, Smile detection, ISO control, Burst mode, Geo tagging, High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Panorama, Voice activation

Camcorder:

3840x2160 (4K) (30 fps), 1920x1080 (1080p HD) (30 fps)

Features: Digital image stabilization, High Dynamic Range mode (HDR)

Hardware

Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 8974-AC

Processor: Quad core, 2500 MHz, Krait 400

System memory: 3072 MB RAM

Built-in storage:32 GB

Storage expansion:microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC up to 128 GB

Battery

Talk time:19.00 hours

Stand-by time:22.8 days (548 hours)

Talk time (3G):21.00 hours

Stand-by time (3G):23.0 days (553 hours)

Stand-by time (4G):25.0 days (600 hours)

Capacity:3000 mAh

Wireless charging:Built-in

Specs courtesy of PhoneArena: LG G3 specs

LG+G3s.jpg

Photo courtesy of Phandroid: Where to buy the LG G3 this summer

Thanks for reading, For more information on this device visit LG G3

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.