cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador - LG G3 - My first impressions

Sprint Product Ambassador

It is finally here and the wait is over. LG has just released its latest flagship! I am not sure though which of its competitor's series does it compete with. It's size definately is a match for Samsung's Note series but the naming and marketing feels that it is leaning towards HTC One M8 or the Samsung Galaxy S5. Either way, this is a phone which everyone should take notice of.

Right out of the box, what caught my attention was how big the display is and how little the size of the body is in comparison. The screen bezels are very very thin and the phone is light, very light even with the battery in it (a whopping 3000 mAh)

So here is a short list of key new features, that I believe are innovative and I wish the competition takes notice:

1. Quad HD Screen - Let me say it again, QUAD HD SCREEN!!! The screen is just to die for. I have never seen something so clear on a phone, ever
  2. Knock code security - besdies entering PINs or patterns, a user of this device can choose knock code to unlock their device, which is based on the revolutionary double tap/knock feature in the G2. Instead of drawing a pattern for instance, you can tap on the screen in a particular sequence to unlock your device. Pretty cool, but more on that later
  3. LG Health - The world lately is on a health kick and our device manufacturers want to help. Welcome LG Health that has many exciting features like a pedometer and excercise tracking to help you reach your health goals
  4. 13 MP Camera with Optical Image Stabilization AND Laser focus - This guy needs an article on its own
  5. 5.5" of screen goodness and in Quad HD - I know I am repeating myself here but its allowed, especially after you see the screen.

Well folks, this is what I have to start with, and hopefully the PA team and myself will be elaborating more on this device's exciting new features in the weeks to come. Enjoy!

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices/services and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices/services, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.