cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG G3 customization features

Journeyman

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/LG-G3-press-photo-2.jpg 

(source)

As I stated in my LG G3 review a few weeks ago, I said I would bring you a customization blog that 

detailed all the customization features on the phone, but I can do something even better. Since the 

phone has been out for several weeks now, other people have done the job for me, so this blog will

be more of a "greatest hits" type deal, just listing the more practical customization features that the 

device has to offer. Here is the "best of" list:

1. Set a Knock code to unlock

Settings -> Lock screen -> Select screen lock -> Knock Code

2. Turn on battery saver mode

Settings -> Battery -> Batter Saver

3. Changing the icons in the bottom bar of the phone (where the home button is)

Settings -> Display -> Home Touch Buttons -> and add new options

4. Change the Vibration settings

Settings -> Sound -> Vibrate Strength -> Adjust the slider

5. Storage cleanup

Settings -> Smart Cleaning -> Wait for the scan to complete -> tap on an item and then clean it out

6. Answer calls with Volume buttons

turn the LG G3 off-> turn it on by holding the volume up, volume down and power buttons at the
same time for six seconds
. Then choose Mode ON.

7. Turn off the LED

Settings -> Disply-> Notification light -> Off.

8. Do Not Disturb mode

Settings -> Sound -> Quiet mode-> On

9. Keep the screen on when you are looking at it

Settings -> Display -> Smartscreen -> on

10. Announce texts and callers

Settings -> Sound ->Message/call voice notification -> turn it on

11. Change the Font size

Settings -> Display -> Font type or Font Size ->Pick different options

12. Customize the home screen

Settings -> Home Screen

13. Use Gestures

Settings -> Gestures -> Check boxes of the motions

All of these and more (emphasis on more) can be found here, along with plenty of videos showing how to

do some of them. What is even more amazing is that some of the customizations have customizations! If

you are a customization lover, and have not picked up the LG G3 yet, you are missing out on a phone that

was made you with in mind, so if you have not checked it out yet, head over to a Sprint store and take a

peek!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee