cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG Health, actually useful!

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG included many awesome features and applications on their G3 flagship device. Like many other OEMs, they also included their own health / fitness / activity tracker app called simply "LG Health."

LG Health is actually quite useful. Once you set up a profile, it sits quietly aside and 'does its thing' without turning this or that on or off, messing with settings or pairing accessories. You access LG Health by swiping your home screens from left to right until you reach the LG Health and Smart Tips page.

I use LG Health to track my daily activity and movement. Within the app you can establish a physical profile and set goals. The goals can be a certain calorie usage or number of steps. I choose to monitor steps taken with a daily goal. Each day you can quickly read your progress and swipe up or down to see progress from previous days. The activity senses whether or not you are walking, running or cycling (though you're not able to use "distance" as a goal).

Screenshot_2014-07-30-11-16-33.png

You can easily view your stats for each day. You get a visual graph with a line showing your desired goal. Or you can click on any hour of the day and see where you were in your goal pursuit at that hour.

Screenshot_2014-07-30-11-16-44.png

By default, the goal stats are shown as "Day" view. You can also toggle to "Week" and "Month" view to see how you're progressing.

Screenshot_2014-07-30-11-17-23.png

I really like the LG Health app. It's simple, clean, easy to use and understand. The output is fairly "normal" and, based on comparisons with other fitness wearable devices, I feel it's reasonably accurate enough for daily, weekly and monthly feedback. I hope you find it useful too.

Until next time,

Your Product Ambassadors

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee