cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG Quick Circle Case Quick Apps

Sprint Product Ambassador

QuickMemo+_2014-08-12-13-48-26.pngThe LG Quick Circle Case is the proprietary folio case that LG has prepared specifically for the LG G3.  If you are not familiar with how the "quick window" tech works, the front cover of the folio case has a window opening which exposes about 25% of the screen.  The screen that can be accessed through that window can be IMG_20140812_135309.jpg"activated" to show a clock, and can be swiped to show other apps that can be accessed exclusively through the quick window.  I don't say Quick Circle because for the G2, the window was a square, and this is the second go around for this case.

As mentioned, the Quick Circle allows you access to up to 6 applications that are specifically designed for this case/window.  One of the more popular apps is PuppyPop, but I won't bore you with the details of how I posted a high score of over 42,000 (in my mind's eye, that's pretty good...).  The one that has really captured my fancy is the app called "Quick Apps".  It is available for free download in the Google Play store, and basically allows you to access SIX other apps from a launcher button that is accesseIMG_20140812_135110.jpgd in the Quick Circle.  I feel like the most useful ones - for me, at least - are the Torch and the Calendar.  My fellow PA's instantly fell in love with the Calculator, and I do think it's very sharp.  But sadly for the Calculator app, unless I receive more checks in the next few weeks and months, I won't have much need for the Calculator.  That said, if you feel the need for me to thoroughly test the calculator, I am willing to take personal checks or even Visa and MasterCard... jk

The program is a launcher, which shows up in the Quick Circle as a button which launches a secondary "Launcher Tray".  There, you will have access to 7 more apps: Quick Torch, Quick Music, Quick Calendar, Quick Notifications, Quick Toggle, Quick Timer, and Quick Calculator.  Although they may not all be completely useful to each individual, what Quick Apps does is to provide you access to 7 more programs.  That is one of the limitations of the Quick Circle case - you may only select 6 apps, and one of those apps MUST be the settings.

Great way to take advantage of what I believe to be one of the best cases on the market which blends form and function in to something that has true utility, and is not merely a gimmicky accessory that we may or may not choose to add to our mobile phone.  If you have the G3, take the opportunity to get the Quick Circle Case, so you can take advantage of the ease of use that it enables.

Thanks!

S

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.