Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG gives you shortcuts on the G3

Sprint Product Ambassador

shortcutkeys.png

The LG G3 comes with shortcut keys for two popular apps - Quick Memo and Camera. You can enable the shortcut keys, on or off via the Settings menu, to launch Quick Memo or Camera when the device is in sleep mode or even when the screen is locked. This gives you quick access to the apps that most people want in a hurry.

To launch Quick Memo, simply press and hold the volume "+" button on the back for three seconds from a locked or asleep screen. With Quick Memo you can jot down a quick memo. You can use the on-screen keyboard (of your choosing), use your finger or a touchscreen stylus to draw or write. You can make a quick doodle, jot down a phone number, write a poem, or plan out your world domination decision tree. With Quick Memo you can also add a reminder, note the weather and add a location to your memo. You can also share the memo with others. It comes as a graphic ~.jpg file which means the receiver cannot edit your master creation.

memo.jpg

To launch Camera, simply press and hold the volume "-" button on the back for three seconds from a locked or asleep screen. You launch the camera to capture that special shot or grab some quick video without having to wake the G3, then unlock, then swipe over, then launch Camera. By that time you may miss the perfect shot.

Shortcut keys are designed to launch these two apps fast, even if your screen is off or locked. Don't worry about the security of your device. You can take a memo or capture a photo or video, but you cannot access any of the files or home screens without unlocking the device via the Unlock screen.

I love the shortcut keys. However, one area where I see room for improvement is being able to assign custom apps to each key. As of now you can only enable or disable the shortcut keys. The Quick Memo and Camera apps are predetermined. I don't take many memos and I'd love to be able to quick-access the flashlight app from sleep. Maybe LG will hear my plea and make that change in the future.

I hope this helps you get the most from your LG G3! Until next time,

Your Sprint Product Ambassadors

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee