cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send text messages on G3.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unable to send text messages on G3.

Just got this phone today and no matter what I try I'm not able to send a text message?

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Master

Re: Unable to send text messages on G3.

ggt1

Oh no! That doesn't sound too good. Which device do you have? Also, may I have the nearest cross streets and zip code for your location? I would like to check it out for you.

- Miraille
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Model # LGLS990, Zip Code 23669, Woodland Rd./Club Run

Highlighted
Master

ggt1

Thank you for the information. There is a tower being worked on at the moment that may be affecting your service. Please reset the network settings on your device by dialing ##72786#. Your phone will restart and initiate hands free activation. Let me know if that helps.

- Miraille
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately, that did not solve my issue.

Highlighted
Master

ggt1

Gotcha! Do you have an Airave device in your home? If so, that can be one of the reasons your messages are not going through. We may have to do additional troubleshooting steps.

- Miraille
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes . I have an Airave, no bars without it. That does seem to be the problem, When I left my house this morning I could send text messages. My previous phone had no issues sending texts while connected to the Airave? Hope there is a solution or this phone will have to go back.

Highlighted
Master

ggt1
Yes, there is a solution to this issue. We will have to access your account. Please send us a private message with your name, number, PIN or answer to the security question and the link to this thread.

- Miraille
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just sent the PM with the information requested.

Highlighted
Master

ggt1

Thank you. We will get back to you shortly.

- Miraille
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had this same issue yesterday. The Sprint Rep I spoke to had me change the MSSD (?) number in my phone. Apparently, changing the phone caused "confusion" on my line because the new phone couldn't "recognize" how to/where to send text messages. I was able to send message to text messages to myself, but not to anyone else. After the rep had me reset that code in my phone, I was fine.

Highlighted
Master

Coakley99, Remember that we are always here to help, if you have any issues or concerns. - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat