cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock LG G2

Journeyman

Unlock LG G2

I have an LG G2 from a provider that uses Sprint for their LG phones.  The phone is fully paid for and has been released from their company, but in order to use the phone on GSM networks within the U.S, I've been told that I need to have it released by Sprint.

What information do you need in order to release the phone?

Thank you for your time.   

9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Social Care

Re: Unlock LG G2

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. What was your previous provider? As per our Unlocking policy, the LG G2 doesn't qualify for a domestic SIM unlock. We can check if we have access to see the MSL code which you can use to unlock the device with the provider that you'll go. Let us know.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The previous provider was FreedomPop.  They told me that they are limited to releasing the phone from their database, but are unable to unlock it. 

Sprint Social Care

Please click here so you can learn more about the domestic SIM unlock policy. You'll have to ask them for the MSL code in order to be able to try to activated it in another carrier.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

What is the procedure for using the MSL code? 

Sprint Social Care

Hello datahaunt,

For devices that are not Domestic SIM Unlockable, Sprint may be able to provide a Master Subsidy Lock ("MSL") code to eligible customers.

• Please note, while Sprint can provide the MSL code to eligible customers, this does not mean that device will be accepted by another carrier or interoperate with another carrier's network. Whether another carrier will accept and activate a device is subject to that carrier's policies and capabilities.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm sorry.  I wasn't specific enough.  I need to know the steps to use the MLS code for the version of firmware Sprint install onto the phone I have. 

The procedure use to be to go to the keypad invoked data menu and edit certain portions of the configuration.  These steps no longer appear to be valid with the latest version of firmware Sprint installed onto this phone. 

I need to know the actual procedure of keystrokes and information to edit.

Sprint Social Care

datahaunt

Your concerns are well understood, however, Sprint can only provide the MSL code to the device. It is at the sole discretion of another carrier whether they can or will utilize the MSL code to reprogram / re-flash the phone for use on that network.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Can you verify the MSL code then?  The one provided by the carrier using Sprint's network does not work. 

Master

datahaunt, sure, please respond to my private message.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat