Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the g3 be available? will it offer wifi calling right out of the box?

Highlighted
Journeyman

When will the g3 be available? will it offer wifi calling right out of the box?

when will the g3 be available? will it support wifi calling right out of the box?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: When will the g3 be available? will it offer wifi calling right out of the box?

T-Mobile has started taking pre-orders for the LG G3! I got a notification email from them today...go check out their website. The full price of the phone is $598, and yes, according to what they have on their website, the phone does support WiFi calling.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: When will the g3 be available? will it offer wifi calling right out of the box?

Just because the tmobile version has wifi calling does not mean the sprint version will. They’ve had wifi calling for awhile. Although, if you know the right developer it can be done on sprint. I’ve seen it done on the gs3.

What id like to know is how much will the g3 on sprint be with my upgrade credit that I get tomorrow.

Journeyman

Yes, was not implying that Sprint LG G3 model will have WiFi calling. Just letting them know that the T-Mobile  model does.

Highlighted
Journeyman

July 17th is latest rumored arrival date for the G3. And doubtful it'll support IP voice out of the box. There are several third party apps that have pure IP voice calling. I use two that work reasonably well.

One day sprint will have VoLTE and the need for "wifi" voice will be moot. Of course when is the question with that technology.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I found and read the sprint g3 user manual last night and it does seem to support wifi calling, if I read it correctly. I'll link to the manual or post a pic of that page later when I get off work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3fy2trdtu117aw/Screenshot_2014-07-03-09-47-28.png here sith page in the sprint g3 user manual that talks about wifi calling.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat