ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are lock screen widgets on my LG G3

Journeyman

Where are lock screen widgets on my LG G3

Just updated to android 5.0.1 and I no longer have the ability to add lock screen widgets or use my wallpaper app. What's going on? Is there a fix?

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: Where are lock screen widgets on my LG G3

NattyAK,

This is not what we like to hear. We know this is very frustrating for you. You may need to back up all your information and do a factory reset on the phone. You can also take your device to one of our full service retail stores or authorized service centers. One of our certified technicians will need to evaluate your phone and determine the next steps to resolve your issue. Please visit us at Sprint.com/storelocator to locate the nearest repair center.

Josh
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Product Ambassador

NattyAK I updated my G3 the other day and just checked my lock screen. I still have the ability to assign apps to my lock screen and change my lock screen wallpaper.

A 3rd part app could be causing a conflict... I would perform a reset and let us know if you are still unable to assign apps to lock screen or change your lock screen wallpaper

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Are you sure you have 5.0.1? Every other person who has an LG G3 says this same thing online. 5.0.1 is the culprit. Not my phone.

Journeyman

I'm no resetting my phone when it seems like you're just guessing and not doing any research. Also not going into a store so Sprint will try to sell me things.

Journeyman

Also this isn't about assigning apps or simply changing the background. It's about widgets that allow me to do much more, and allowing a background app to change the lock screen background. Both are blocked and this is a step backward.

Master

NattyAK

We are sorry to hear that you are unable to add lock screen widgets or use wallpaper applications as a result of the android 5.0.1 update. At this time, we do not have a direct fix. However, a factory reset on the device works for a lot of our customers.

- Eric
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Product Ambassador

NattyAK - Yes, I have Lollipop... I am able to use the stock apps that come with the LG G3 to make all of those changes. I did change some of my widgets/apps that appear on my lock-screen without any problems using the stock lock-screen option under settings...

I have a few questions after reviewing the information in here again...

• Which Lock-screen option are using (pattern, pin, etc)?
    • I ask so I can change mine to mirror type of lock-screen you to try and duplicate
  • Are you using a 3rd party app from Google Play Store?
    • I have seen many instances where a 3rd party app has either not received an update or will cause conflicts after a major OS upgrade.
      • If you are using a 3rd party app, contact the maker of that app for an update and report the problem to them.
      • If you are using stock app to change lock-screen, place the phone into Safe Mode to see if a 3rd party app is causing conflict.
        • To place into Safe Mode
        1. With the device turned off, press and hold the Power key.
        2. Release the Power key once the LG logo appears, then press and hold the Volume Down key until the device starts up.
        3. The device will start up in safe mode. Swipe screen to unlock device.
          • See if your stock app works now to make changes.
            • If yes, 3rd party app is causing the problem and need to either uninstall each app to find the one causing the problem or reset the phone
            • If no, something was corrupted during the Lollipop update and would need to reset the phone
        • To take phone out of Safe Mode
        1. Tap and drag down the Notification bar
        2. Tap Safe Mode is On
        3. Tap Turn Off Safe Mode.
        4. The device will reboot into normal mode.
  • Is your phone rooted or have a 3rd party ROM on it?
  • If you are using stock app that came on the phone, please provide me the steps you are following to make these changes so I can see if we are talking about the same and so I can duplicate your steps...

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat