cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling Missing

Journeyman

WiFi Calling Missing

I've tried factory resets, the ## code that the rep gave me, and almost everything else I possibly can, but the WiFi calling app isn't showing up on my brand new G3, nor is the option in the settings.  HELP!!!!

15 REPLIES 15
Master

Re: WiFi Calling Missing

rjp615,

I apologize for the issues you are experiencing with the Wi-Fi calling. The fact that you did a factory reset and the Wi-Fi calling option is missing, I would suggest that you take the device to a Sprint Repair Center for further assistance.

- Eric
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

OK, it is now the end of the year and i still don't have the Sprint Zone and WiFi calling apps on my LG G3.  I have the ZV6 update which seems to be OK.  I have been to the Sprint store tech guy who doesn't know why and said i should call Sprint...........but thats become impossible!  I had Sprint Zone on my HTC ONE (M7) and liked to use it but it isn't there on the G3. I don't want to do a Master reset -- too far down the road of apps and settings and data -- besides that doesn't often fix it.  There was a situation where i needed the wifi calling app so i do want it.  thanks

Wizard

You already did the ##72786# code? If not that should fix it, some people said that for some reason the phone didn't fully download all the files.

Really you are going to edit my post and delete the email which is posted by the person on twitter and used for support? Do you even know your own boss of customer service

Master

gostallion2, Have you attempted the following? 

From the play store, look for and download an app called Refresh Customization, open the app.

Select Refresh Customization Opt 1 - this will force the phone to clear out and then retrieve some network information but will not delete any files or content from your phone.

Select Refresh Customization Opt 2 - This should force the phone to recognize the Sprint Zone and other apps that it likely has installed but has 'branded' incorrectly.

Once you've run both options, uninstall the Refresh Customization app.

If this doesn't correct the issue, we might need to replace the device.  We can look into it if you send a private message to SprintCare by following the directions available in this link: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks for the suggestions but so far no change.  Refresh customization errored out on download, seems it is for Samsung phones, this is the LG G3.  the ##72786# went through all its reboots but nothing changed.  Do you think it will fix itself when the android 5 update comes through?

Wizard

@Sprint you are really going to remove the email that will help someone? The email is used for customer service which is needed because you guys aren't all that helpful and its kills me to see others get the stupid no end solution.

Pfff she even allows it, you can see here: Tweets with replies by Marci Carris (@MarciCarris) | Twitter

Master

gostallion2,

We do not have that information at this moment unfortunately. The only thing that can be advised is to do the reset to your device to see if all apps will be reinstalled.

Keep us posted.

Krishel

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Ok this is weird, the sprint zone app just showed up in my download folder like someone sent it So I have that now and it works. Now to get the WiFi calling app - so if that app elf can send it??? Any other suggestions? Thanks

Master

gostallion2

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. Since the Wi-fi calling is a pre-loaded app and the Master Reset did not bring the Wi-fi calling application back. You should take the device to a nearby store to have them take a look at the phone.

Anntenetta, Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I did go to the Sprint store, a company store,  and they said to contact you here...............hmmmmmm

Master

gostallion2

I do apologize. Since the Wi-Fi calling is a pre-loaded application and a Master Reset did not bring the application back to the phone. You can inquire about getting the phone replaced inside the store, if you have TEP insurance.

Anntenetta, Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat