cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Connection Consistently Drops on LG G3

Journeyman

WiFi Connection Consistently Drops on LG G3

Does anyone have issues with the WiFi connection dropping randomly on LG G3 and tuning options to improve?

I have a laptop, iPad, and a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone connected to the WiFi in my home with absolutely no issues. My wife and I recently upgraded to a pair of LG G3 phones and they have been horrible to work with.   Both phones randomly disconnect from WiFi at home and at other locations with public WiFi points.

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: WiFi Connection Consistently Drops on LG G3

I have that problem. There are SOOOOOO many problems with this _____ phone it is unreal. The only advice that I was given was to do a factory reset. I have had this monstrosity of a phone for just about 3 months and I will be going on my 3 factory reset. After you do that it will work fine, hopefully for longer than 30 days.

Journeyman

Yep. When connected to wifi I get a lot of no connection errors when trying to surf apps like facebook and ebay even though my WiFi connection is working just fine.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been having the same problems. Any solutions?

Journeyman

Problem still exists and has become worse. Wifi won't enable and also LTE randomly won't connect even though a good strong signal is there. Phone remains locked in 3G until I power cycle the phone.

Journeyman

Yes, ever since the new upgrade went into effect my phone has been screwed up.  I did a system backup and reset to factory settings and haven't had any more problems with it so far but it's only been a few days we'll wait and see.

Journeyman

Customer service please pay attention to this problem. A Lot of people has complained.

Journeyman

My solution was to disable the Sprint Connection Optimizer.

Journeyman

I had a lot of issues with wifi as well as LTE and the solution for me was to deactivate the phone and put it back in the box. LG told me that we are all going to have to wait till the next update. I asked how long they said dont know. Spoke to a bunch of sprint techs in the store and have spoken to many over the phone and got a bunch of nonsense opinions and nothing worked. I spoke to google and they said take it up with the manufacturer. Several replacements, countless factory resets and nothing.

If anyone actually finds a real solution maybe I would be willing to dust off a brand new phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat