cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Not turning on

Highlighted
Journeyman

WiFi Not turning on

It looks like multiple people have had this same issue. About a month ago, my wife, who is back in the states, stated that the Wifi on her LG G3 would no longer turn on. I thought it a bit odd and didn't think anything more of it because she has mobile data available to her. Well, this morning at about 02:00 my phone began doing the same thing(Also a G3.)  It's odd that both phones have started having the same issue at right around the two-year mark with no solution in site.

I've searched everywhere online and have determined that it is a hardware issue with the phone and not anything that either of us could have done.

I'm currently in the middle east and my phone is my lifeline to the outside world. It's bad enough that I can't just pop a local sim into the phone since sprint neutered that capability by only including their OWN radios in the phone but, now I have absolutley no connection with it without wifi.

We are still about 4 months out from our full upgrade eligibility and I have the feeling sprint is going to give us the run around on this one. If I can't get a new phone sent out here for little or no cost, especially since this seems like a WELL documented problem, I'm just going to have to jump ship and switch to Verizon.  

Oh, I also can't get into Sprint's account website because they require a text be sent to my phone for some kind of verification. Guess what I can't get without Wifi? You guessed it: TEXTS!

11 REPLIES 11
Sprint Social Care

Re: WiFi Not turning on

Thank you for reaching out to us. Let's take a look into that. Can you please send us a private message? Just click on my name and then select “send a message".

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem. Hopefully by now Sprint is aware of the problem and will have a fix soon. In the meantime, Sprint must be raking in the dough as people exceed their monthly data limits. 😞
Master

JENIMPORTER68, thank you for contacting us. We want you to be able to enjoy all the device features. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? When did this issue begin? What happens when you try to enable the Wi-Fi?

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

Yes, I've tried the troubleshooting steps. They are useless.  Step #1 is "Make sure you've turned on Wi-Fi." This step fails.  I am unable to turn on Wi-Fi, no matter what I do. The troubleshooting steps don't address how to troubleshoot Wi-Fi inability to turn on.  

When I try to turn on Wi-Fi, the little button slides to the right, "On", but it doesn't stay there. It never detects any devices, and doesn't even indicate that it's searching for devices.  The "Search" button at the bottom of the screen remains deactivated.  After a little while the button slides back to the left, "Off". 

In the Advanced Wi-Fi settings, I have the "Disconnect Wi-Fi automatically when signal is weak" setting turned OFF. In case that might have made a difference. (It doesn't.)

Thank you for any assistance. 

Journeyman

I'm not quite sure when it began; sometime around beginning of February maybe.

Master

JENIMPORTER68, although is hard to tell without having the phone on our hands, this sounds like a software issue. Can you please check if you have any software updates available? For instructions @http://sprint.co/29vRsic, you can also try to do a master reset (A master reset will result in the loss of all data stored on the device including 3rd party applications.) for steps @ http://sprint.co/2npWZKv

You may also visit a Sprint repair store to have the device troubleshooted and diagnosed by one of our technicians, you can find a store and plan a visit using the Sprint Zone App on your smartphone, or on sprint.com at sprintstorelocator.com

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

I too am having the same problem. Little less then two years of use. WI-stopped working over the weekend. It is grayed out on my settings screen. I enable it but it doesnt go further than that. When I go into the WI-FI screen, it doesnt show as opened. When I try from there, same problem: stays at opening (I gave up after 10 minutes of no change).

I tried turning the phone off multiple times, no change. I did a soft reset (battery removal), no change. I did a hard phone factory reset from the Back Up screen: it did not fix the issue and even caused my Google Play to stop working. Took me an hour to get that working (used a Google Services fix app that I pulled open after searching online, although not sure if that is working.)

I can text, make calls, get to the internet off the 4g LTE linkages, just no WI FI.

Wizard

Just happened to my LG G3 here and been using it for a couple years.  It connects to Sprint network just fine for calls and text, and data, but the WiFI won't turn on.  Did a soft reset, factory reset twice; once from Settings and the other from hardware keys (volume down+power).  WiFi option just won't come on.  I don't think it's a software issue.  Good thing I'm not on contract.

Sprint Social Care

Hello badankles, Since all the basic troubleshooting steps were done, please try taking the device to one of our Sprint repair center so one of our technician can take a look at the device. Follow the steps above to find the nearest store to you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello, I also been getting the same problem. But for me the WIFI signal is connected, but when you try to connect the network it will just save network is saved and would not connect to anything. I have tried on many different WIFI connections however it is happening to the same one, and also it does not even show my home WIFI anymore. Do you know why this is the cause? I have tried all the Truble shooting steps though none work. 

Hey das123! I want to make sure I get it right, is this happening when you connect to a specific WiFi network? That it's able to connect but it doesn't work when you try to use the internet?

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat