cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3

0 Comments

Final Thoughts

The LG G3 has been my favorite phone I’ve used thus far. I’ve probably said that about a number of devices I’ve used, but it has always been true! The manufacturers keep taking what the last version did great, making it better and adding to it!

The G3 for example, kept things like Knock On, rear-facing buttons (my favorite button layout) and OIS from the LG G2 last year and added to it! They added Knock Code, refined the shape and placement of the rear-facing buttons, and even upgraded OIS to OIS+ (See OIS+ here.) LG could have stopped there and had an amazing phone. But instead, they increased the screen size and made it Quad-HD! That’s 4x the resolution of 1080P HD! They decreased the bezel size and curved the back to make the phone fit perfectly in your hand. They gave the camera real laser autofocus for amazing pictures.

There are many more features that were either carried over or brought to life in the new LG G3. It truly is the king of flagship phones for me at the moment. It will be a HUGE task to knock this phone down from the throne. Might just have to wait until the next LG phone comes out!

I hope you found the reviews useful, and please visit the links to other blogs I’ve included in these final thoughts.

Thanks for reading, For more information on this device visit LG G3

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

So 7 weeks with the device and I really really love the device. LG has really come through this time with excellent features very well thought out updates that really give the G3 an edge over its competitors. Below are my favorite features that I have come to enjoy and I would want them in any new phone I am looking for:

1. Quad HD Screen

http://www.patentlyapple.com/.a/6a0120a5580826970c01a511c16dc1970c-800wi
The G3 is the first phone in the US to sport a Quad HD screen. The screen is bright, super clear and just a joy to watch videos on, even though the content is limited. I cannot go back to Full HD 1080p anymore

2. Huge and removable Battery

http://static.trustedreviews.com/94/00002c484/39a6/LG-G3-Back.jpg

LG turned around from its G2/Flex model of sealed battery to a removable yet bigger battery then its previous models. Result? more then full day coverage and emergency swap if you have 2 on hand. Cannot get any better then this.

3. Camera

http://pocketnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/lg-g3-review-camera.jpg

The G3 made major improvements on its camera front (or back). The biggest complaints customers had about the camera was its too slow and that was mainly due to the Optical Image Stabilization or OIS feature on the camera. LG made sure that was not an issue this time. With Laser Auto focus, a 13 MP sensor and dual flash, they have made the camera fast, get better low light pictures and less shaky ones too. They didnt stop there. They also took some cool innovative steps on the front facing camera by adding a flash component (using the screen) and a hand gesture to take pictures with (see image below)

http://lgmobileindia.in/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/LG-G3-Camera-gesture.jpg

As this phone is quite big, it may not be easy for some users to reach out to touch the soft button while taking selfies, so the hand gesture helps.

These were the 3 main features i love about this phone and it will be very difficult for me to go to a device which is missing any of these features and be happy, but time will tell.

Until next time

-- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices/services and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices/services, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Ahhhh... the wonder of Knock On! Do you realize how HARD it is to get "un-used" to the Knock-On feature?  Many times have I caught myself trying to turn my screen on using a Knock Code when I'm using a non-LG device.  Yeah it looks a little wierd... but DON'T KNOCK IT TILL YOU'VE TRIED IT! (wow... I didn't even try to make that joke... it just happenned!)

I will add this bit of editorial to my demo video - you can add up to 30 apps in Guest mode, not 17.  I have 17 pre-selected... that's why I was stuck on 17.

LG G3 Knock On your guests! - YouTube

You will find Knock On so convenient, you will find yourself using it on other devices by accident.  I've tried it on my TV, on tablets, laptops, phones, and phablets.  It is a great feature, and the Knock code is just another great innovation from a company that is really putting it's best foot forward to compete in the "flagship device" space with the LG G3.

D

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

1 Comment

If you didn't know already, you should know that the LG G3 sports a 4K display.  Although the "4K" categorization comes with an asterik, it is still one of the sharpest, most vivid displays that you will find on a mobile device.  The problem is that there is not a whole lot of 4K content available for the G3 or other 4K devices in general, so it's a bit of a challenge to REALLY see the 4K imagery.

YOUTUBE: Your easiest (and least costly) option should be YouTube.  You can search for 4K videos, and it should generate a list of a few thousand (or million) results of 4K videos.  The one that almost always shows up at the top of that search for me is the video entitled  Road to Machu Picchu - Peru in 4K - YouTube.

Here is the issue with the 4K as seen on the LG G3 - it is limited to 30 fps.  If you are accustomed to video gaming on any handheld device, or you have a large format 4K screen already, then you will see this video and other native 4K videos as choppy because of the 30 fps.  Even though the image clarity will be exquisite, you may be distracted by the choppiness of the video.

So what are other alternatives?

imagesCA2WE95P.jpgNetflix, or similar streaming options (Hulu plus, HBO Go, Comcast Streampix, Vudu, etc.) are the second option, only because they have a nominal cost associated with their subscription ($5-$15 per month?).  Netflix offers some UltraHD and 4K content (as I imagine the others do as well), but I can't recall which videos are available as UltraHD for mobile devices.  I know that 4K/UHD titles on Netflix are few and far between, BUT this should not assuage you from subscribing to or using Netflix.  Even full HD video on the G3 looks amazing.  Check out ANY of the Transformers series, or even the new Star Trek flick to see how it looks on the G3.imagesCA1P9VLK.jpg

Finally, you can go to the dark side and sideload something like Popcorn Time.  My understanding with this app has been that the quality of the video is generally either 720p or 1080p, but looks phenomenal on the G3.  I have not yet heard about any 4K videos on Popcorn Time, but I have not done much searching.  The PROBLEM with Popcorn time is that it streams crowd-sourced torrents, which may not be the most legal thing to do.  If you want to avoid any legal ramifications, you may want to stay away from this one, albeit it may well provide you with the best viewing (and selection) option.

Most importantly, I MUST stress the limitations of the frames per second (fps) on the G3.  When viewing 4K, it is limited to 30 fps, so you may actually have a smoother viewing experience with video that is 1080p, even though the level of definition may only be 1/4 of a 4K dispaly.  However... it's still going to look amazing, especially on a screen this size.

Enjoy!

D

"Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”

2 Comments

Infinim.jpg

One of the best things about getting a new phone is to explore the awesome accessories that you can pair with it. The G3 has great cases and fitness wearables that have been talked about and reviewed at length but one of the less knows accessories is the Tone Infinim Blutooth Headset.

When LG created the Tone Infinim they knew the most important thing that consumers would want is high quality sound. LG partnered up with Harmon Kardon to create crisp and beautiful audio when listening to music or talking on the phone. The Bluetooth speaker has HD voice and makes every call you are on clear. I have used many Bluetooth headsets in the past and I have always been disappointed in the quality of the sound that they produced. The Tone Infinim lives up to its name and really has to be heard in person to understand the quality of the product. The other awesome thing about the headset is the battery life. It can last up to 14 hours while listening to music and up to 17 hours while talking. One of the best features is the jog button that lets the headset know you will be exercising. This will then allow you to use the other buttons on the headset to control the volume and music quicker.

If you have given up on using Bluetooth headsets in the past I suggest you give these a try. They will work with most phones, but when paired to the G3 you can get the quality that the headset was built for.

0 Comments

G3S5.png

The two devices that I am currently using are the G3 and the Galaxy S5 Sport. Both are very powerful phones with awesome specs but they are both different in a lot of ways. Here are how they compare in the categories that matter most in my life:

Design -  Both the G3 and S5 Sport are made out of plastic. That makes both of these phones very light to hold but they also feel very solid in the hand. The G3 is in the Shine Gold color which is an exclusive to Sprint. The back of the phone looks like metal but feels like plastic. The power and volume buttons are in the middle of the phone on the back side. This is carried over from the G2 and G Flex. The S5 Sport is in Cherry Red and has a grippy rubberized back. This makes it very easy to hold the phone and comfortable to use it for a long period of time. The volume and power buttons are on the side like most traditional layouts. The S5 is 5.1” and the G3 is 5.5” but they actually are very similar in size thanks to the minimal bezels on the G3.

Display – The display on both phones are amazing. The Galaxy S5 Sport has a beautiful 5.1” Super AMOLED display that shows off bright colors and has the look that you are used to with Samsung. The G3 has an amazing 5.5” QHD display that is really crisp and is truly a one of a kind screen. Both look awesome while watching videos and surfing the web. The G3 preloads some great videos that shows off the power of its display.

Camera -  The G3 has a great new feature called laser focus. This allows you to focus quickly on a subject when you are going to take a picture. It works as well in real life as it does on their commercials. The G3 comes with a 13MP rear camera and the S5 Sport has a 16MP camera. The Sport comes with a ton of options to choose from and creates crisp and bright photos. Both cameras are top of the line and you can’t go wrong with either of them!

When picking between the two phones it all comes down to personal taste. The phones are both top of the class in specs and real life use. The cameras are great and the customizations on each of the phones is top notch. My personal preference is the G3 because of the button placement and amazing screen. LG has come a long way and can now be considered one of the top Android phone manufactures!

0 Comments

LG-camera.png

One of the most important things about a phone for me other than the ability to make and receive calls is how it takes pictures.... The LG G3 has a 13 MP camera with a 2.1 MP front facing camera. One of things LG added to the G3 is laser focus...

Land pano.jpg

The panorama feature is very simple to use and  produces great pictures. I used the panorama option over the weekend to capture a picture of some property we are looking at...

20140830_151140_Dual.jpg

The LG G3 camera has a picture in picture option also.... I thought I would check it out over the weekend while we were looking at some land.... both of the picture are very crisp and clear as seen in this example....

1.jpg2.jpg

Most importantly is capturing pictures of my daughters growing up. For that I need a phone that has a fast and accurate camera because I want to capture every moment I can as they grow up.

20140829_121357.jpg

LG G3s camera  does very well with close up pictures too....

If you have not had a chance to check out the LG G3, visit a Sprint store and check one out today! I have carried the phone for almost 2 months now and it has been very dependable. Not to mention the great 2k 5.5 inch screen it has....

Let me know what questions you have about the LG G3...

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee unlimityourlg

0 Comments

I wanted to share a wonderful app that was created by some fantastic Sprint employees through our Startup even a while back.

G3+Photosifter.png

It’s called photosifter, and it’s a simple app for Android users that solves a simple problem, albeit one that anyone who takes pictures with their smart phone inevitably has. The app lets you scroll through your dropbox or google+ photos and organize them into keep/throw away/skip. Keep and throw away move the photos into newly created folders for further review, so no worries if you accidently throw one away that you meant to keep!

G3+Photosifter2.png

What does this have to do with the LG G3? Well, a couple things. I’ve used this app on 3 other devices, and the G3’s processor performance smokes the competition. More importantly for me, the beautiful Quad HD screen works WONDERFULLY to see crisp detail and in fact helps me determine if I should keep the photo, or trash it. There is also a stunning difference when I sift photos taken by multiple devices and get the photos taken by the G3. There is no comparing the differences really, the LG G3’s camera captures so much more clarity and focus than any phone I’ve ever had before.

0 Comments

I will say that out of all the phones I have tested and reviewed this is the one that I am most sad to stop using. I have really enjoyed this phone.

Most impressed:

1. Picture Quality - The Quad HD screen still blows my mind. Seeing the quality and detail of the video is just amazing. I love being able to take a video of my daughter at the park, or playing soccer and just seeing her and the environment crisp, clean, and almost like I'm there.

2. Camera / Video - To go along with the picture quality of the phone, I have to bring up the camera quality. From the selfies to the 4k recording. when your looking to capture that perfect moment, the G3 is there for you!

3. Smart Keyboard - When a keyboard actually learns from you, it becomes so much easier and faster to get a text or email out.

4. Knock Code - Cannot forget the feature that drew me to this phone in the first place! The knock code is a secure and fast way to access your phone! Over 86,000 combinations or knock codes to protect your phone, Not only that..... ITS FUN!

5. Smart notification / Smart cleaning - You ever get the feeling that technology is becoming smarter than you? You know, like the stuff you see on the old movies that shows what the future was gonna be like? You kinda feel that way with this feature. Your phone will send you alerts when there is something to delete, someone to call back, someone to add to contacts, or when you need an umbrella. The G3 is smarter than your average phone!

These are my top reasons for loving this phone. And of course the phone is stylish and just looks great! I would recommend the LG G3 with a 10 out of 10 stars. 

Pick up your G3 today

Your Product Ambassador team

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

So I found this article posted by computer world which is very helpful and offers alot of insight to changing around your G3 to make it fit you.  Here is the link to the article So long, software silliness! 7 quick tweaks to make the LG G3 better | Computerworld.

I will go over some of my favorite parts of the article.

1. Cleaning up your Notification Panel

It's a step forward from last year's effort, sure -- but that only means so much. On most models of the phone, you can make things look a lot better by scrolling all the way to the right of that row of icons at the top and selecting "Edit," then unchecking the options for "Brightness" and "Volumes."

2. Changing Recent Apps View

It's easy to fix, though: Just open up the Recent Apps screen (by tapping the button at the bottom-right of your display, next to the Back and Home keys), then put two fingers together in the middle of the screen and slowly spread them apart.

3. Change your System Settings to list view

LG, like some other Android manufacturers, has made Android's system settings far more complicated than they need to be. The company has split up the settings into a series of tabbed menus that actually make it harder to find what you need.

Do yourself a favor and switch your phone into a more traditional single-list settings view: Open up the system settings, tap the overflow icon (the three vertical dots) at the top-right of the screen, and select "Switch to list view."

4. Clean up your Bloatware

The G3 is chock-full of preinstalled garbage you probably don't want and will never use -- but just because something comes on a phone when you buy it doesn't mean it has to stay there forever.

Go into your system settings and look for the option called "Apps" (it'll be under the "General" tab, if you're still using the tabbed view). Swipe over three times until you're looking at the field labeled "All," then scroll through the list.

As a general rule, you don't want to disable any system processes or services that run behind the scenes. If you aren't sure what something is, it's best to leave it alone.

But third-party nonsense that LG or your carrier has put on the phone is safe to slay -- apps like Amazon, Box, eBay, Lookout, Messaging+, or pretty much anything with your carrier's name in it.

When you come across any such app in the list, tap it and then look for a button that says either "Uninstall" or "Disable" and pound the

[inappropriate word removed]

out of that thing. In some cases, you might encounter a button called "Uninstall updates" that you'll have to hit first before the "Disable" option will appear.

This article was helpful and can really maximize your G3.  Please checkout the article as there are some more helpful tips.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Shortcuts are expected to be as good as their namesake.  Maybe it speaks to my diminishing cerebral power, or all of those years of college and screen staring finally taking it's toll on my learning abilities, but I have more recently found that anything more than one or two "custom" strokes, swipes, or other actions in order to shortcut to an app that I want or need is too much for me to learn, and quite frankly, not a true SHORT CUT.

Enter the Circle Case Camera shortcut.

1) Knock on the circle.

2) Swipe to the shortcut launcher

3) Select the Camera

4) Touch to shoot

OR...

1) Hold the down volume button for 2 seconds

2) Touch circle screen to shoot.

It basically turns my G3 in to a camera... a knocked on, laser targetted, 13MP Camera.  Need a quick snapshot, you can get from pocket to snapshot in 2-3 seconds, or basically what it would take for you to open your standalone digital camera.  You can review what you just shot

Would you like to see a demo?

LG G3 Quick Circle camera shortcut demo - YouTube

Enjoy!

D

0 Comments

DualWindow.png

LG understands the importance of multitasking on your phone. Many people use it for their business and personal lives. Being able to do two things at once without having to close windows or move between screens allows you to get things done quickly and efficiently. The G3 gives you two options to choose from: QSlide and Dual Window.

Dual Window is a great feature that allows you to have two apps open at the same time and they can interact with each other. When you long press the back button the dual window menu will appear with a list of options to choose from. You then simply slide the apps you want to open to either the top or bottom of the screen. This can be extremely useful to attach pictures or appointments to text messages, add content to your calendar, or getting info from the web to use in documents, texts, or on your calendar. You can even have the two windows open even if you don’t need them to interact with each other. You can watch a You Tube video while writing out emails or surfing the web. The Dual Windows can be resized very easily and can make one of the windows full screen while still keeping the other screen minimized at the bottom.

QSlide is similar to Dual Window but it is set up to allow you to open a new window on top of an existing one. The windows are layered and you can easily switch between them or adjust transparency so you can see both at once. Some of the apps supported are the calendar, videos, calculator, internet browser, and phone menu. The layering effect of qslide makes it easy to have a small window on top of something that you are doing that does not get in the way but allows easy access to multitasking. I use this feature most often with the calculator. When I am paying bills from my phone I can keep the calculator up and make it almost transparent so I can keep track of my finances.

Both Qslide and Dual Window are very easy to access and use. Many people don’t ever try some of these smaller features out but once you do I think you will find the very useful! 

0 Comments

It’s been almost 6 weeks since I got this phone, and my verdict for those interested would be to buy it.

I endorse this phone, the size of the screen with the compactness of the bezel of this device gives it the feel of big yet small (insert British accent to sound like Johnny Ives). LG has been able to provide the screen size of the Samsung Note 3 yet keep it small enough so that it does not intrude with your day to day functions. The form factor allows ease of use. The button placement of the power and the volume rocker allows users who are right or left handed the same access. The clarity of the screen allows videos to pop out thus making the experience vastly superior to those of other phones. The camera allows ease for those switching from rear to front facing with a swipe of your finger (perfect for those teenagers out there). The sound capability of this phone caught me by surprise, the volume and the crispness of the music played by the phone is great. I am able to listen to my Bollywood hits with great quality.

LG-G31.jpg

Thanks

Stanny George

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

g3.png

One of the best things about LG is the massive amounts of customizations and options they allow on your phone. The G3 tones it down a little from the G2 and puts most of the options in the settings instead of having them all active when you turn on your phone. Two of options that I love are Content Lock and Guest Mode. Privacy is a big deal in today’s world and the G3 knows how to help protect the information you do not want to share.

Content Lock allows you to select videos and photos and add a password to restrict access to other users. I show off my phone to a lot of people and picture quality and video quality almost always comes up. I usually try to take photos that show off the camera quality to display for the demos but they often get mixed in with family photos and videos. With the content lock I can easily restrict access to my personal photos & videos while still allowing people to see the pictures that I want them to see. This also restricts access to those files when you have your phone hooked up to your computer.

Guest Mode takes privacy to a whole new level. You can easily set up a personalized passcode (any of the awesome G3 passcodes including knock code work) that will launch the phone in guest mode. It’s exactly like changing to a new profile on your computer. The whole layout of the screen is customizable to that guest account. This is an awesome way to show off the features of the G3 without giving everyone access to your personal info.

LG has put a lot of time into focusing on what the customer will want out of the G3. Some people may never use Content Lock or Guest Mode but they are some of the great features that are available to you right out of the box.

0 Comments

The LG G3 is lying flat at the edge of the dinner table, as my family and I sit down to eat a family dinner consisting of Roti and Chicken curry. Within a split second, my daughter reaches to grab her juice and accidentally knock my LG G3 of the table. I watch in slow motion as the phone tumbles its way to the tiles, I wince at the thought of a cracked screen and a dead phone. I see it bounce around a couple times and see that nothing has happened. I pick up the phone turn it on and see that nothing is wrong. I end by admiring the thanking my lucky stars that I chose the Spigen Slim Armor as my go to case. I go back to eating delicious Roti and Chicken curry (my favorite).

I've been walking around with the G3 for almost 2 months now, my case of choice is the Spigen Slim Armor.

Many of us don’t care for bells and whistles on cases, we want something that protect yet is not intrusive in your day to day functions. The Spigen offers this in droves, their design hasn't changed from their previous versions, they believe in the KISS acronym.

spigen-lg-g3-case-18.jpg

The Slim Armor comes with a inner rubber TPU case that fits the G3 like a glove, this functions as a shock absorber if the phone is dropped (something that I have been thankful for when handing it to my kids). It is then encased in a hard polycarbonate frame that covers about 70% of the back.

Spigen offers the standard black and the champagne gold version which goes perfectly with the champagne edition of the G3.  For those who want to be able to flash that BLING! ( such a  2000’s saying).

75-934-271-TS.jpg

Thanks

Stanny George

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology.

They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

This is one thing that I just love! So I'm not one of those people that have cable or dish for TV. Really all I do is use netflix or watch shows from my phone. With the LG G3 phone you can set up Miracast to your LG Smart TV. This will allow you to  stream anything that is on your phone to your TV. So I can stream my games, my Sunday Ticket, or anything! Don't even need to get up because your phone IS your remote! Without cable this is the perfect option for me! As long as you have a qualifying LG TV (Usually any of the smart TVs, or newer TVs with Miracast enabled) you can use this service for free! I will show a video to demonstrate it below! I hope you all enjoy!

Video Provided by LG

I've been using it the last couple of days and I must say, it works great! No sacrificing the picture quality or anything, just sync up and watch / play whatever you want from your phone, to your TV.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador Team

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology.

They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador

shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions

of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community

members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

http://static.knowyourmobile.com/sites/knowyourmobilecom/files/styles/gallery_wide/public/5/63/s5_vs_g3.jpg?itok=Q4qbGvqW

(source)

If you are in the market for a new smartphone, you will be happy to know there are many viable options

right now. In general, the 2014 Flagships have stepped up performance, hardware, software, and

quality on their respective phones, making for a highly competitive environment. I would recommend

walking into a Sprint store to physically handle any device you are thinking about purchasing, but if

you are the type that would rather use that precious time to binge watch on Netflix, you may want to

check out the comparison linked here. It is, like the title of this blog suggests, a direct comparison

between the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the LG G3, although other devices are mentioned from time

to time.

Both of these devices pack a punch, and would make excellent replacements for that old flip phone

you have, but I prefer the LG G3. It looks better, generally performs better, and the fact that it has a

removable battery is a big plus. What about you? Which one do you prefer?

Any questions about the devices that aren't covered in the comparison? List them below and maybe

I can help you answer them!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/LG-G3-press-photo-2.jpg 

(source)

As I stated in my LG G3 review a few weeks ago, I said I would bring you a customization blog that 

detailed all the customization features on the phone, but I can do something even better. Since the 

phone has been out for several weeks now, other people have done the job for me, so this blog will

be more of a "greatest hits" type deal, just listing the more practical customization features that the 

device has to offer. Here is the "best of" list:

1. Set a Knock code to unlock

Settings -> Lock screen -> Select screen lock -> Knock Code

2. Turn on battery saver mode

Settings -> Battery -> Batter Saver

3. Changing the icons in the bottom bar of the phone (where the home button is)

Settings -> Display -> Home Touch Buttons -> and add new options

4. Change the Vibration settings

Settings -> Sound -> Vibrate Strength -> Adjust the slider

5. Storage cleanup

Settings -> Smart Cleaning -> Wait for the scan to complete -> tap on an item and then clean it out

6. Answer calls with Volume buttons

turn the LG G3 off-> turn it on by holding the volume up, volume down and power buttons at the
same time for six seconds
. Then choose Mode ON.

7. Turn off the LED

Settings -> Disply-> Notification light -> Off.

8. Do Not Disturb mode

Settings -> Sound -> Quiet mode-> On

9. Keep the screen on when you are looking at it

Settings -> Display -> Smartscreen -> on

10. Announce texts and callers

Settings -> Sound ->Message/call voice notification -> turn it on

11. Change the Font size

Settings -> Display -> Font type or Font Size ->Pick different options

12. Customize the home screen

Settings -> Home Screen

13. Use Gestures

Settings -> Gestures -> Check boxes of the motions

All of these and more (emphasis on more) can be found here, along with plenty of videos showing how to

do some of them. What is even more amazing is that some of the customizations have customizations! If

you are a customization lover, and have not picked up the LG G3 yet, you are missing out on a phone that

was made you with in mind, so if you have not checked it out yet, head over to a Sprint store and take a

peek!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

Screenshot_2014-08-22-09-00-23.png

Getting a new smartphone is always exciting. However, after a month or two or three the newness starts to wear off and you begin to notice "flaws," or features you wish were different or "wish it had's." I do too. So I'm thankful LG built a simple utility into the G3 to help owners get ongoing and continued value from their device purchase; named SMART TIPS.

SMART TIPS is just that - it's smart tips...and tricks, and how-to's, to help you maximize device functionality, usefulness, efficiency and enjoyment. The SMART TIPS utility is a "home page" (that can be disabled if so desired). You swipe to the far left (or right, if you have home screen carousel enabled) to access the SMART TIPS page. On it you will see the LG HEALTH app (ok, it's early, I haven't taken many steps this morning ). Below LG HEALTH you will see SMART TIPS.

Touch the SMART TIPS button and you will enter into an area with a plethora of tips and how-to's. Almost all of the tips have one-touch access to the setting or configuration that makes the tip or config enabled or disabled, or it opens the associated app, e.g. Camera for Dual camera.

Today I was browsing through SMART TIPS and realized I had forgotten all about the Home Touch Buttons customization options. The LG G3 gives me control over some useful and handy buttons that I can assign to my button bar, thus making my G3 easier to use and quicker to launch common functions.

You can get to the Home Touch Buttons configuration either via SMART TIPS or via Settings > Display > Home touch buttons. Once there, click on Button combination. You will see a split screen. On the bottom half is a simple tutorial showing you how to drag-and-drop some extra icons into the button bar or rearrange buttons as you see fit.

By default your device comes with the stock three Android touch buttons: Active app/Preferences, Home and Back (the order can be changed too). Notice the red circle in the graphic below showing the default button configuration.

Screenshot_2014-08-22-09-01-42.png

The top half of the screen is where you can make custom choices on the button order. You can literally drag-and-drop buttons around to suit your style. You can also add two more buttons (max of five buttons on the button bar) from the pre-configured choices to give you quick access to actions or apps like QuickMemo+. Notice on the graphic below I added access to Notifications (same as sliding down the Notification bar from your Home screen) and QuickMemo+, for taking a fast note or capturing an idea.

Screenshot_2014-08-22-09-02-18.png

I hope this helps you maximize use and enjoyment of your G3. Until next time,

Your G3 Launch Amabssador Team

0 Comments

So alot of people wonder how does the G3 fair against fan favorites such as the Galaxy S5.  Well I found a spec comparison between the two and would love to share.  All of the following was found at: LG G3 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 - Phone specs comparison

Comp1.PNG

Comp2.PNG

Comp3.PNG

Comp4.PNG

1 Comment

I have had the opportunity to use the circle case for a week and I must say LG has made some serious enhancements to the software side of things. It is a very sturdy case, makes you feel a bit comfortable holding the phone or flinching less if you drop it.

Some of the features I like so far on the case:

Custom Clock widgets - first improvement they made were to cut out a circle instead of a rectangle like the G2 case. I prefer round watches over square/rectangle so this was right up my alley. Also they added some classic watch faces to really appeal to guys like me. But also left some usefule ones too like the one below with the weather. love it love it love it!

Screenshot_2014-08-17-20-16-26_resized.pngScreenshot_2014-08-17-20-17-39_resized.png

Another cool and new feature that I like is that LG has opened it for developers to do creative things with it. There is a game called Puppy Pop, more like a Bejeweled type game but you can play that within the circle. Then are the Quick Apps that give you access to your call log, calendar, notifications, calculator to name a few. If this takes off we can see a whole host of cool new apps to enable functionality without opening the case and accessing your phone. Well done LG

Screenshot_2014-08-17-20-17-45_resized.pngScreenshot_2014-08-17-20-17-54_resized.png

The final cool thing about this case is that they have a transparent ring around the opening which lights up when you close the case. Check it and and see what you think...

However, there is some thing that can be better for all flip cases in general and not just the G3. In my opinion they dont offer much protection to the screen if you drop the phone. If/when that happens, the cover may open and expose the screen. I wish there was a way for the case to stay stuck to the screen or the phone (magnets perhaps) in case that happens.

Until next time - please follow me to read my other blogs

- Your product ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices/services and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices/services, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

20140815_171908.jpg20140815_171925.jpg

There are many case options available from OEM like the LG QuickCircle case and companies like Spigen that specialize in making cases. As a member of the Sprint Product Ambassador LG G3 team, we received the LG QuickCircle case and a Spigen case. I don't like to provide my phones that extra layer of protection so I ordered Verus window case until one of my other cases came in.

Versus.PNG

The Verus case I purchased online provides many of the features as the LG QuickCircle case. One thing I really like about the Verus case is the synthetic leather with the red stitching. I am able to use all the QuickCircle features with this case and it provided protection until my LG QuickCircle case arrived. I did not realize the Verus case did not have a cutout for the front sensor and my LG G3 does not fit as snug in it as the LG QuickCircle case. I had my phone pop out when I dropped it getting out of my truck.

Spigen 1.PNGSpigen 2.PNG

Spigen SlimArmor was the next case I received. If my only option is a non-flip case with no open window, Spigen is my choice. Spigen makes a great case that provides great protection for those accidental drops... Yes, I dropped my phone once again getting out of my truck. My Spigen case kept my LG G3 in the case and kept my screen from breaking. Spigen cases provides cutouts for all the sensors so that you can use all the features of your phone including the IR blaster for the LG Quick Remote.

LG 1.PNGLG 2.PNG

I saved the best for last.... the LG QuickCircle case. This is the best case for me and my needs for protecting my phone. The QuickCircle case provides additional screen protection, keeps my secured in the case when dropped (yes I forget about my phone sometimes getting out of my truck while it is sitting in my lap). Plus, the QuickCircle case has a cutout for all the sensors so that I can take advantage of all the features of my G3 when turned on.

LG 3.PNG

LG QuickCircle case gives me quick access to some of the apps I use the most with out flipping the case open. Pictured above are a few examples like taking a picture, listening to my music or playing PuppyPop.... my wife enjoys PuppyPop and has already the high score 78k on my phone.

My case option of choice is a flip case as long as it has a window feature like the QuickCircle and allows me to use all the features of my phone. If I did not have a windows case option, my next choice would be Spigen. Their cases provide great protection and compliment the phone....

What is your case preference? Visit a Sprint store today and check out the various case options available or visit Spigens website for other options.

Thanks for checking out my case review,

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee unlimityourlg

0 Comments

Magic_Broom_KH3D.png

The LG G3 never ceases to amaze (and pleasantly surprise) me.

After having had the device for almost 4 weeks now, I thought I had pretty much learned about everything that it can do.. until today.

OK I won't say that it read my mind but having just finished one blog on the overwhelmingly positive press response that the G3 has gotten, I was trying to think of other features in the device that had not already been covered by my fellow teamates in the main G3 Product Ambassador Blog list.

Lo and behold my G3 lets out a meek little notification sound and once I checked the screen, I could see that my G3 was telling me that my phone was dirty; all clogged up with old files that I probably didn't need anymore since the Smart Cleaning feature was smart enough to know this since I hadnt accessed the files in some time.

sclean.JPG

Up popped a list of files with checkboxes next to them in case there was something I really wanted to save (there wasn't) and the big shiny bright "CLEAN" button which of course I couldn't help but press, and voila, 17.8 MB GONE!  Woot!  Now that's what I call a smart, smart, smarty-mcsmarterson phone!

Check out this video of Smart Clean in action (added bonus: comes with some funky dance music):

It's a little known feature but one that will keep your G3 tidy, happy and healthy!

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from
many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to
test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the
Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices,
therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the
opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way,
and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.
#sprintemployee

0 Comments

LG-G3-launch-date-confirmed-with-press-invites.jpg

The response to LG's 2014 flagship has been amazing with many in the press calling it the best Android phone ever made and the best smartphone in the world, period.  While we don't expect the G3 to hold that distinction for long in an incredibly competitive industry which is continuously trying to out-innovate each other, for now at least it seems to be holding onto the title of King of the Smartphone Mountain.

Here are just a few of the many positive quotes around the LG G3..

"The G3's Quad HD display blows away its mainstream competition” – The Verge

“LG’s got a winner on their hands with the new G3." – Forbes

LG is dead-set on offering customers a simple design with the best hardware around." – Digital Trends

“The best smartphone I’ve gotten my hands on in 2014.” – Popular Mechanics

“We were expecting something good from the G3, but these results are simply great” – Android Community

“In a direct comparison of the Galaxy S5 and the G3, the LG phone wins…The G3 is simply one of the best phones to debut this year.” – PC World

“To put it simply, LG's new flagship is a technological marvel.” – PhoneArena

“We found that LG’s new flagship phone outshines its predecessor in just about every way.” – BGR

But we here at the Product Ambassador team urge you to see what all of the commotion is about for yourself.  From the amazing quadHD screen to the beautiful design and construction, laser fast auto focus, innovative QuickCircle case and more, this is not a phone you want to miss out on. 

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador team

and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.
#sprintemployee

0 Comments

shortcutkeys.png

The LG G3 comes with shortcut keys for two popular apps - Quick Memo and Camera. You can enable the shortcut keys, on or off via the Settings menu, to launch Quick Memo or Camera when the device is in sleep mode or even when the screen is locked. This gives you quick access to the apps that most people want in a hurry.

To launch Quick Memo, simply press and hold the volume "+" button on the back for three seconds from a locked or asleep screen. With Quick Memo you can jot down a quick memo. You can use the on-screen keyboard (of your choosing), use your finger or a touchscreen stylus to draw or write. You can make a quick doodle, jot down a phone number, write a poem, or plan out your world domination decision tree. With Quick Memo you can also add a reminder, note the weather and add a location to your memo. You can also share the memo with others. It comes as a graphic ~.jpg file which means the receiver cannot edit your master creation.

memo.jpg

To launch Camera, simply press and hold the volume "-" button on the back for three seconds from a locked or asleep screen. You launch the camera to capture that special shot or grab some quick video without having to wake the G3, then unlock, then swipe over, then launch Camera. By that time you may miss the perfect shot.

Shortcut keys are designed to launch these two apps fast, even if your screen is off or locked. Don't worry about the security of your device. You can take a memo or capture a photo or video, but you cannot access any of the files or home screens without unlocking the device via the Unlock screen.

I love the shortcut keys. However, one area where I see room for improvement is being able to assign custom apps to each key. As of now you can only enable or disable the shortcut keys. The Quick Memo and Camera apps are predetermined. I don't take many memos and I'd love to be able to quick-access the flashlight app from sleep. Maybe LG will hear my plea and make that change in the future.

I hope this helps you get the most from your LG G3! Until next time,

Your Sprint Product Ambassadors

0 Comments

Now im not a selfie taker, but i must say that this phone is very impressive when you want to take a selfie.

First off is the fact that it has a 2.1 Mega pixel front facing camera. With the increased size of the image sensor and lowering lens f-stop to f2.0 this means more light gets into the sensor and better photos can be taken in lower-light conditions.

In a dark room or lowlight settings? No problem, illuminate yourself with the Selfie flash See below (Excuse my face). This feature actually will illuminate the screen around the edges to focus the light on your face but without the bright blinding light of a LED flash.

Selfie.png

The other really cool selfie portion of this phone is Gesture shot. This feature allows you to take a picture by closing your fist in front of the screen. This is great because there is no more having your arm in the picture, or needing a mirror, or having that awkward pose because your trying to reach the shutter button. Here is how is works.

Video Provided by LG

These 3 things alone make the G3 front facing camera the Selfie king!

For more great reviews on the G3 and more be sure to follow me here!

Your Product Ambassador Team

They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador

shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions

of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community

members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

large_winrt-netflix-100053065-orig.png

Netflix - A must have for any waiting room, family gathering or other places where time will move slowly.  Looks great on the Quad HD Screen, its crystal clear, with Sprint Spark it rarely buffers, it is the best of the mobile streaming experience.
hulu-plus-630x354.jpg

Hulu Plus - A must have for any waiting room, family gathering or other places where time will move slowly.  Looks great on the Quad HD Screen, its crystal clear, with Sprint Spark it rarely buffers, it is the best of the mobile streaming experience.

deer_hunter2014-3-580x326.png

Deer Hunter 2014 - My favorite Time Wasting application, a totally Socially responsible game, lol, I really enjoy the feel of the game on the larger screen , and the easy ability to play with this brighter vibrant screen.
Just-6-Weeks-head.jpg

Just Six Weeks - A must have app for any one that has tried the 100 Pushup challenge, this one app has Pushups, Situps, Dips, and Pullups in that same format.  Awesome Sauce

WD.jpg

Walkdroid - Tracking your steps, there are alot of apps that do this, and this was my favorite, then I found teh LG health built in app....and have started to use that one as well....Future Blog perhaps.
FB.png

FBReader - I am an avid reader, I devour books, that means that I can not carry all the books I might need at any given time.  Instead I installed this app, and can carry in the ample storage space on this device Thousands of books.  Currently I only have a few hundred on there at the moment....Probably need to delete the ones I read this month.....lol

REcForge.png

RecForge - This app is an app that has followed me from phone to phone since the HTC EVO 4G, I should eventually give it a full blog of its own. This application uses the microphones on your device to record sounds.  I use it personally to record songs, and Jam sessions for later use.  It has great clarity, and sound from the LG G3 it is amazing the sound you can get from a recording on a Cell phone.

These are a few of my Favorite Apps on this device.

Jeremy The Product Ninja

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.  #sprintemployee #unlimityourLG  #ThinkLG SprintProductNinja

0 Comments

QuickMemo+_2014-08-12-13-48-26.pngThe LG Quick Circle Case is the proprietary folio case that LG has prepared specifically for the LG G3.  If you are not familiar with how the "quick window" tech works, the front cover of the folio case has a window opening which exposes about 25% of the screen.  The screen that can be accessed through that window can be IMG_20140812_135309.jpg"activated" to show a clock, and can be swiped to show other apps that can be accessed exclusively through the quick window.  I don't say Quick Circle because for the G2, the window was a square, and this is the second go around for this case.

As mentioned, the Quick Circle allows you access to up to 6 applications that are specifically designed for this case/window.  One of the more popular apps is PuppyPop, but I won't bore you with the details of how I posted a high score of over 42,000 (in my mind's eye, that's pretty good...).  The one that has really captured my fancy is the app called "Quick Apps".  It is available for free download in the Google Play store, and basically allows you to access SIX other apps from a launcher button that is accesseIMG_20140812_135110.jpgd in the Quick Circle.  I feel like the most useful ones - for me, at least - are the Torch and the Calendar.  My fellow PA's instantly fell in love with the Calculator, and I do think it's very sharp.  But sadly for the Calculator app, unless I receive more checks in the next few weeks and months, I won't have much need for the Calculator.  That said, if you feel the need for me to thoroughly test the calculator, I am willing to take personal checks or even Visa and MasterCard... jk

The program is a launcher, which shows up in the Quick Circle as a button which launches a secondary "Launcher Tray".  There, you will have access to 7 more apps: Quick Torch, Quick Music, Quick Calendar, Quick Notifications, Quick Toggle, Quick Timer, and Quick Calculator.  Although they may not all be completely useful to each individual, what Quick Apps does is to provide you access to 7 more programs.  That is one of the limitations of the Quick Circle case - you may only select 6 apps, and one of those apps MUST be the settings.

Great way to take advantage of what I believe to be one of the best cases on the market which blends form and function in to something that has true utility, and is not merely a gimmicky accessory that we may or may not choose to add to our mobile phone.  If you have the G3, take the opportunity to get the Quick Circle Case, so you can take advantage of the ease of use that it enables.

Thanks!

S

0 Comments

Battery life, something that all users of smartphones see as the gold at the end of a rainbow. The LG G3 has solved this problem, the LG G3 boasts a long lasting 3,000 MAH battery, the LG has made this battery removable which all the better. Battery life on the LG G3 has surprised me as being one of the best features on the phone. We all get that feeling when the phone is at 5% and your phone gives you an alert to remind you. I unplugged it without it being fully charged and feel dumb when I see the message.

I recently tested the battery out and was pleasantly surprised on how long it lasted with a sizable amount of use. The G3's battery lasted over 31 hours with 23 of those hours including heavy usage. With pod-casts being piped into my bluetooth headset constantly and letting my children watch all of The Incredibles and other normal phone functions. I believe it took the challenge and passed with flying colors.

Screenshot_2014-08-09-06-02-17.png

Thanks

Stanny George

and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.

0 Comments

I wanted to share a video that showed off the quality of the camera on the LG G3. Unfortunately most people won’t be able to fully appreciate the quality of this video I uploaded...

That’s because the LG G3 records video in 4K!!! That doesn’t mean the video isn’t crisp and clear on every screen the video is played on, but (at least on my personal tvs) most screens won’t be able to take full advantage of the resolution captured on this amazing device.

What you should be able to appreciate is how stable the video is. I was chasing my 2 year old twins around a playground, but it looks like the camera is just gliding toward them keeping everything in focus. That is thanks to LG’s OIS+ technology they included on the G3. The “floating lens” allows the subject to remain in focus even while the camera is moving. If you have a G3, or a 4K television to watch this on, you will be able to notice the color and detail that the G3 can capture. If you’re like me, and only have a regular ol’ 1080P television, it will still look pretty dang sharp!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.