Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lollipop 5.0 where are you?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

lollipop 5.0 where are you?

According to the Sprint newsroom lg g3 should have lollipop 5.0, so why don't I?

32 REPLIES 32
Journeyman

Re: lollipop 5.0 where are you?

Released in batches - last update took a week to get to me

Master

MAHER81,
We're sorry for the delay. The updates are being rolled out in waves. You should be receiving it shortly. - Danielle
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Laaaame. I wish we had the option of updating via the computer like other countries

Journeyman

Do you happen to know the frequency of the waves? Are they day by day?

Journeyman

Are the release waves sent out daily or weekly ? Can you tell me how these are sent out so I know how often I should look for the update thank you

Journeyman

Yep sitting here in Texas having counted down the days. Bought this phone specifically because was told the update was December 2014, then moved to yesterday so I've been waiting. Now I don't know when it will happen. That's the oneone and ONLY thing I miss about apple, rollout date means that day in hour waves. Not this up to the manufacture and then cell company. Tired of hitting check for update.

Wizard

Master

NathanRV- I apologize, we send out the updates in waves which happens over several weeks. The reason we do this is to make sure we don't cause a network backlog trying to send it to all customers at once.

- John
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Why can't you at least offer the download on the Sprint page for those who know how to manually update their phones? Having us wait several more weeks for this update is inexcusable.

Journeyman

I don't think it's fair for some users to have to wait up to two weeks later than someone else to get the update.  Bad system. Needs to change.

Journeyman

I had the LG optimus S when it got the infamous gingerbread update. If you didn't have That One, just know it was a nightmare. SD card randomly ejected, apps force closed with random intensity, and I was one of the ones. Some people lost complete functionality, were unable to charge their devices, etc. It was so widespread That Sprint stopped the update rollout. While anxious, I am perfectly willing to let some others test this update before I get it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat