cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lollipop 5.0 where are you?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: lollipop 5.0 where are you?

Apparently I don't type well. Sorry... I'm not going to correct all of that mess. You get the gist.

Journeyman

It's February 18th. Do you know where your 5.0 update is? That's not even mentioning the lack of official information aside from the usual cut and paste BS of "we're sorry for the delay." #Lazy

Journeyman

Still waiting here...

Journeyman

After the last update they broke part of the camera functionality, so I'm hoping they fix it... I now get why people root their phones, this is ridiculous.

Journeyman

My G3 was originally rooted, until the ZV6 update came out and now Stumproot does not work on it. Believe me, if I was still rooted I'd be even more happy and not have to wait for these stupid "waves" to hit my phone.

Journeyman

Hell, I got my g3 last year and I have no idea when I'm gonna get lollipop doesn't help that I've been bombarded with lollipop news for weeks now

Highlighted
Master

hyabusa550 - Like all Software Updates, it goes out in waves and this means not all customers will receive it at the same time. - Shari
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sitting here in Arizona semi-patiently waiting for Lollipop. It's ludicrous to have to wait so long whether it be 3 days or 2 weeks. As an earlier poster mentioned why not have the download file available here for those who want to do it manually. It's a pretty straightforward process and those that took the plunge could post their various opinions for those waiting for the OTA update. I'm glad that Sprint is one of the 1st carriers to get it out for the G3 but the methodology is pretty insane. Still hoping to get it by Friday. Toes crossed.

Journeyman

I guess no one at sprint knows how these roll outs really work ? I stopped into a sprint store yesterday. I spoke with a sprint rep who told me this update could take 4 weeks for all LG G3 users to get the update. Seems a bit rediculous some users have to wait weeks after others already have it. Not one sprint rep I've spoke to has given me the same answer. I've heard everything from one day to now a month. C'mon sprint get it together and just be HONEST with us it's getting very fustrating to say the least. Maybe it's time to start looking at a differant carrier and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is feeling this way toward sprint.

Wizard

truckdriver1996 wrote:

I guess no one at sprint knows how these roll outs really work ? I stopped into a sprint store yesterday. I spoke with a sprint rep who told me this update could take 4 weeks for all LG G3 users to get the update. Seems a bit rediculous some users have to wait weeks after others already have it. Not one sprint rep I've spoke to has given me the same answer. I've heard everything from one day to now a month. C'mon sprint get it together and just be HONEST with us it's getting very fustrating to say the least. Maybe it's time to start looking at a differant carrier and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is feeling this way toward sprint.

Every carrier in the United States does this. The only platform that doesn't wait for rollouts is Apple.

If you read my post on page 1 which links you would have read that they start out slow so that they can see if any other users are having problems, if things go well then the next 24 to 48 hours later they start to roll out more and more, which goes into about two weeks. Sometimes the people on XDA will get the zip file and you can install it yourself which is much easier and faster.

Actually I found out that Sprint is saying this http://i.imgur.com/0G95lwq.png

Master

truckdriver1996 - We're sorry that you feel this way. Unfortunately, the updates for each device are sent out in order of region or phases. So, if you haven't received the update yet, you may have to be a little more patient to give it more time to reach your area. You can also keep up with the latest Sprint news by clicking the following link http://bit.ly/1gCkzMz- Kevin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So they decide that only a small number will get it on the first day and then let everyone else wait four days FOR NO REASON before the rollout continues? This is the worst way to lie to your customers, Sprint, and I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau over this matter. Thanks, YesMario for bringing this out in the open.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat