cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lollipop update lg g3

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: lollipop update lg g3

Had anyone talked to anyone that has gotten the update. I am getting a little upset of the sprint people giving the same answer over and over again. Can you a least tell us if there has been any issue for the waves already released.

Journeyman

I have been trying the lg and system update but no go

Journeyman

Don't look now dude now Verizon had released lollipop for their G3 users. That's really pitiful Sprint

Master

AlexWHicks - You will see a notification on your phone when the update is available for you to download.
- Pascale
Sprint Social Care
Master

Junkyardogg - I understand how important this is for you. The lollipop software is sent out in waves, so not all customers will receive it at the same time. - Kevon
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Understand avoiding the big question if we will have today. Here is a copy of another Sprint rep from yesterday. , We understand how frustrating it can be to have to wait for new software. It should finish being pushed out by the end of today, 2/23/2015. Thank you for your continued patience and let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. - Delacia Sprint Social Care.... What is the end of day to Sprint?

Journeyman

Thanks Sprint care i finally received the update which means everyone must have the update as well

Journeyman

Yep, they pulled it off! Thanks Sprint!

Journeyman

I received the update on the 23rd at midnight. I am considering doing a factory reset now. Lollipop has some issues and I have heard that a reset can clear up Some of the problems but not all of them.

Master

Missyroseberry,

Sometimes when a software is downloaded it doesn't go down correctly. Doing a hard factory reset usually corrects the issues. Please keep us updated. We want to stay on top of this for you. Thanks for your help.

April
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I received the update 4 days ago (not sure of time, it downloaded and was waiting for install). Not that it matters but I'm in west Covina CA. Don't think area matters just random rollout.

Was hesitant on whether to install or not. So I read as many forums and comments as I could. The results are mixed. So I did because it sounded good. IT IS NOT! When did my LG phone turn into a PlayStation Controller?! The button design is pissing me off! Square (menu) Circle (home) triangle (back). Only two color options are available now (black or white) No gradient white or black (which in my opinion looked cleaner. Says it added themes. But no option what so ever is present. Before you can set it to dark. More useful for amoled screens. (was used to it because of my previous Galaxy S3. Gone. No option at all now. So in a dark room it is blinding now because it's only bright white. Signal strength is no longer shown by bars. But one solid triangle of white. Goes up Or down. Network seems slower now too. Downloads or updates take much longer than normal. Takes much longer to boot too. With added 3d-ish LG logo with added shine effect. Unesessery really. Takes forever to reboot now.

The notifications are annoying as hell. The old style was much less intrusive. And cleaner. Now it's a big mess. Over all system is slower. I cannot load gifs anymore. Will play flawlessly then half way just stop. No further loading. Even cleaned cache. Still no use. Maybe it's the new Art format. This update gets rid of Dalvick. I'm not a techy so I have no idea what that means.

Then it says added Android tv support. I went through my entire system and all the settings within settings. No option exist.

Added emoticons? Nope just the same ones that have always been there.

Boast 3d animations. But the only one present is the new design to the LG logo upon boot.

The new button design is a step down. Honestly it doesn't boast future at all. They should of at least gave us an option of how we want the buttons to look. Not just where we want them arranged. My phone looks retarded now. How is a triangle represent Back more than a curved arrow? Or a circle home instead of a symbol that looks like a house? Or a single square instead of two rectangles over lapping, represent the recent app feature? What? They messed with the buttons so you can show off how retarded your phone looks now? "Yep he updated to lollipop alright, see them PlayStation Controller buttons he's got?" why not make the home button look like a it would of made much more sense.

The recent app drawer is Layed out diffrently too. Overlayed in a card like fashion. I liked the old look better. I don't know what it is we get all siked about. Google has the tendency to break what doesn't need fixing. Remove features we like and want in favor of one's we don't. Take away useful features then replace them with not as useful ones.

Update took an hour to install. Since I had 253 apps to optimise. Almost pulled the battery because after install before optimization it rebooted and remained on the LG logo for 10 mins. Glad I was patient because it wasn't frozen like I originally thought. I was like "Sh** I just bricked my phone" nope just updated the buttons to a 90's design.

About whether or not you get it and when just be patient. I got my phone last month. And received the update 3 days ago and held off. I would have not installed it based on the button design had I known. Kit Kat is fine. I don't own an Android tv (wtf is that anyway?) and the little 3d or micro animations aren't legendary. We have apps and launchers that do all that long before this update.

Don't get your panties in a bunch over this. If you are like myself. You'll regret updating. And if I could I'd reverse it. The notifications on lock screen Only show two max. All that screen real estate and only two at a time? Anyway your only options are show all, hide all, or hide sensitive notifications. No choice on what to show and what you could care less about seeing on your lock screen.

Lock screen apps? Not that I can find. And trust me I know big words. Like photosynthesis.

I really loved this phone. But the update wasn't worth it it to me.

And how and why the updates roll out like they do. I cannot say. When I had my GS3 (still have it btw) I had it a year and 4 months prior to the update from jelly bean to kit Kat. My Gf has the same phone (sg3) and got the update first, even though she got the phone (new) 8 months after mine. I plan on upgrading hers to an LG G3 (hopefully that one doesn't have lollipop) but she just refuses. (she really loves her s3) she's the type who doesn't care about new phones or updates. One of the rare few who'll keep a phone till it dies. Refuses to allow me to remove the insurance (which saves me $11, she's on my plan) although it would be cheaper at this point to upgrade than pay a $150 deductible for a refurbed phone that is 2yrs old.

When the S3 went from jellybean to kit Kat. It added a slew of features. Duel screen mode, emoticons (original os didn't have it), better screen color rendering (really popped after the update), better notification layout, shit ton of add ons. It really made a difference. No complaints.

But this update on a phone that can do so much more. Nothing of real value. No unlocking of features that it didn't have. Maybe in the future if the g4 has them like how the S3 adopted S4 and S5 features. But for now. You get lame button design and annoying notifications layout. I really hate that they removed the dark theme option. Maybe that hurt my battery a little since this is led and not amoled. But it is softer on the eyes, and that's why I liked it.

That's it. My two cents. So now you people wondering if it's good or not, now you at least have a few ideas. Sorry for the novel. If you've read all this, you the real MVP

Update: battery is actually worse. And most settings or features I had before are gone. Your choices are limited now. Notification settings are either found under sound not display or limited choices available under notifications within the drop drawer settings. Half of what is claimed this update comes with isn't even noticeable. Or can be found. How the hell do I find Android TV settings? What is Android TV? They update with these supposive new features yet don't show you how to access them or find them. Oh and I hate the button layout with a passion. Most retarded choice of design I could be forced to live with. And the whole lock screen notification is retarded. Notifies you that you have a message but never says from who or what. Unless setting is set to show all. No choice to allocate what is shown, how much, etc. Not like before. And one of my apps is constant none stop on the lock screen, yet if I turn of lock screen notifications. It removes the helpful quick settings for that app also. I hate the update. I hate it. And if I could go back to original kit Kat I would. Not enough reasons to make the update worth it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat