Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reinstall Wi-Fi calling for LG G3?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

reinstall Wi-Fi calling for LG G3?

I have a LG G3 and want to know if there is any way I can reinstall wi-fi calling if its been uninstalled.

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Master

Re: reinstall Wi-Fi calling for LG G3?

ELITE622, The Wi-Fi calling is a built-in app for the LG G3, removing it will not be possible. What you can do is add or remove the network, and turn it on or off. - Max
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Max,

I'm not going to argue the fact of how my LG G3 does NOT have Wi-Fi Calling. What I'm asking is how to reinstall it. I'm not sure if I need to do some sort of reset or if there is a link to a sprint app store somewhere. I havent found any solution yet.

Master

ELITE622,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm understanding the WiFi Calling app has been uninstalled or no longer exists on the phone? If the app itself is no longer on the phone, you may have to do a hard or factory reset to the phone. This will reset the phone back to factory settings. Make sure you have it synced to a Google account so you can retrieve all your contacts, pictures and data. Let me know what you want to do.

Richard
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Richard,

I've done a factory reset a few times tonight with no luck.

I did it by holding the volume down and power buttons and then going through the menu to do a wipe/factory reset.

I've seen people talk about typing numbers in somewhere but don't know how to do that process.

Master

ELITE622,

What you performed was a soft reset which only resets the phone like a computer. You need to a master reset. You go into Settings>Back Up & Reset>make sure Back Up My Data and Automatic Restore have check marks>tap on Factory Data Reset>you will then see your gmail account>confirm it's the correct one and that you know the password>tap on Reset Phone>tap on Erase Everything. The phone will reboot and go through the activation process. This will take some time, so please have patience. Let me know if you come across any difficulties and that your contacts, pictures, and apps have restored.

Richard
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I just followed your directions and that is exactly what I was doing before, just a different way. Still no wi-fi calling ability.

Is there any other steps I can try?

Journeyman

After Chatting with Sprint and calling sprint the phone needs to be returned to the store.

Wi-Fi Calling was added to my profile and still would not upload to the phone.

If anyone else is having this issue bring it right back to the store before your 14 days are up.

Master

ELITE622 If the application is still not there after the master reset. You would have to return to the point of sale to have the technicians take a look at your device.
- Naomi
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

ELITE622 wrote:

Hi Richard,

I've done a factory reset a few times tonight with no luck.

I did it by holding the volume down and power buttons and then going through the menu to do a wipe/factory reset.

I've seen people talk about typing numbers in somewhere but don't know how to do that process.

You can try ##72786# on your dial pad. But you should be able to get a replacement phone with Wifi calling and I would demand I don't pay as its not an issue that you did (Software Bug that Sprint needs to figure out why)

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat