cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sprint data optimizer used most of my data?

Journeyman

sprint data optimizer used most of my data?

My data refreshed just a week ago and I have already received a notification that I am already over my limit for data.  I have not gone over my data once in the past year, I usually don't even get close (and I only have 1g a month) So my phone lists that my sprint data optimizer has used 578mb.  FAR more than any other app (my email was second at around 30mb) This stupid app has been on my phone since I got it a year ago, so why is it using so much data suddenly?  I haven't changed a thing on my phone.  Customer service was no help.  They kept telling me things like "you know you can disable that app" or "your data is unlimited if you're on wifi" or "would you like to switch to 3gb of data?" grrr... anyone else have an issue with the data optimizer??

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: sprint data optimizer used most of my data?

I have unlimited data, but I have been having connection issues..

Finally tracked it down to the data Optimizer.. Turned it off and haven't had any issues since

I was under the impression that it was suppose to cache app and Web info to cut down on your data usage.. Sounds like it's having issues as of late

Master

oolalach123

What is the make and model of your device?

- Shanae
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It's an LG G3

Master

opt1mus

Have you done any troubleshooting steps? Our Sprint Zone App http://bit.ly/1isQFYi troubleshoots, diagnosis and alert the Network Team of any issues.

- Shanae
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Turn it off, it's an useless app on a phone. Works amazingly well on my tablet.

Journeyman

Fortunately I have unlimited data plan too But take a look at data usage for last month!! WOW!! I would be ballistic if I was on a limited data plan and Sprint Crapware using it all up!! Beware all!! Plus Data optimizer was sucking 30-34% battery usage! OUCH!!!

Embedded image permalink

Journeyman

Sprintcare please see my post with pic! Do we get charged for data optimizer usage??

Thanks!

Journeyman

Likewise have unlimited data but that Sprint Data Optimizer is gobbling up en masse. What's up with that?

Master

mmckee2011,

This does look a bit strange. I looked through everything I have access to and would like to try something. Would you mind disabling it and taking a look at data usage for that time? I am curious if it is showing as usage for the HTTP actions that it was working on (ie showing as the Data Optimizer instead of the browser, or a similar HTTP application). Let me know your thoughts.

*Ben

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I use SiriusXM radio streaming a lot (Howard of course) and that app shows nearly nothing. It must be in the Data Optimizer totals.

Journeyman

Looks kinda like mine you can see it bumps up on Feb 16th for no apparent reason?  I researched a little and can see that I had this disabled in Nov. and Dec.  I don't know how it got turned back on but it used about 175Mb in Jan and then.92Gb in just 8 days in Feb!!!  I have had to turn of mobile data for almost this entire billing cycle!!

Screenshot_2015-02-26-10-09-46.png

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat