cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update 4.4.4

Wizard

Re: update 4.4.4

LG has not released it yet. Rumors are Lollipop will be released for the G3 in December. Being rude to Sprint does nothing since it's not available from the manufacturer.

Journeyman

Very unhappy with my service. Can't text for 3 days now. Called customer service and they claim its network. In the meantime, I'm paying for nothing and feel like someone is stealing from me. I wish I could get an honest answer.

Master

mcmhn127james - At this time, there is not a set date on when a new update will be released to the LG G3 devices. You can stay updated by visiting the LG website for more information on software releases. - Krista
Sprint Social Care

Yeah, they're gonna skip 4.4.4 and go to Lollipop. You're probably going to get it about when Katt said, and the G2 people like me will have to wait another 3 months or so. Well, according to the rumors. I'm thinking you mean the Spark logo at the top of your screen that's spinning. Just because it's spinning, doesn't mean you're on Spark, unfortunately. It does mean you're on LTE, though. Just not always Spark. I'm not sure if you have Spark where you live and work, but you can check here: http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTNAV=ATG:HE:Cov and I like to check Sensorly for actual coverage: sensorly.com. I don't get the thing about the signal strength you mentioned, though. Logic says more bars, better connection. But, stranger things have happened. Maybe some of the more technologically knowledgeable folks can chime in on that one.

Master

nanrowrn - I do understand dealing with network issues can be frustrating. Please provide me with the nearest cross streets and zip code, to take a look into your coverage area. Also, what's the make and model of your device? Really want to help. - Indie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

To all - including Sprint Care -

Last known information is that the upcoming ZV5 update is suspected to roll out soon... but even that is 4.4.2 according to the RDF.  So not sure where 4.4.4 discussion is coming from given that - at least visibly - there is nothing showing it's even in the works.  G2 is in the same boat with its latest ZVE release.

Sprint Care folks - please be careful what info you try to give out if unfounded or unconfirmed, it does far more damage than good to the reputation.  Yes, it sucks to say you don't know... but better to say that than users should be seeing updates in waves for something that I have yet to even hear LG is working with Sprint on.

(Disclaimer: I do not work for Sprint nor do my views represent anyone else's but my own.  All information I have is from available public sources and are either rumors/speculation beyond that.)

Journeyman

About time for today's update

Master

shamrock505,

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We're here for you.

- Destiny
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I purchased a LG G3 dec-23-14 and and it's operating on android 4.4.2 When is the update going to come for it? In's it supposed to be on Android 4.4.4 by now?

Master

Hello Shaye1942,

Updates are sent out in waves to avoid the system overloading. Watch out for your update for 4.4.4 and keep us posted.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Wizard

4.4.2 is the latest.

Master

Seank_ - I looked into it and you're running the latest version for that device. Even though 4.4.4 is out for some devices there are others where it hasn't released yet. I'm afraid we don't have any info on when it may be released for your phone at this time.

- John
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat