cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is lollipop 5.0

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: where is lollipop 5.0

Thanks for the reply, I'm not too worried about when it comes. Just giving everyone an idea of what regions it hasn't reached yet. Smiley Happy

Journeyman

My son and his wife have gotten their update on their LGg3 phone so far even though they purchased their phone about two months after I purchased my LG G3.

Journeyman

What state do u live in?

Master

Andmarkav,

We apologize for the delay. All lollipop updates are being rolled out in waves. It will be available to all LG devices by 02/23/2015.

- Tammy
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

And im still patiently waiting in Texas.

Journeyman

Anyone read the reviews for the G3 with Lollipop? LG adopted next to no visual features of 5.0. The notifications on the lock screen are NOT actionable, the UI is the same as Jellybean and KitKat. The only difference you'll notice are in the notification bar, the new unlocking methods and ART instead of Dalvik. All of the stock apps look exactly the same as they do on your current version (zv6). I am excited for a new update, but if you all think you're about to get an update that makes this a brand new phone, you're sadly mistaken. Mostly under the hood tweaks and very little noticeable lollipop goodness. I'm in GA by the way, I haven't received it. All the thread say by Sunday, 50% of the LG G3 user base will have the update and by Monday everyone will either have it, or be able to hit "Check for update" and do it manually. Hope this info finds everyone well.

Wizard

If you want the full lollipop then go get a Nexus.

Journeyman

I read somewhere that the updates are being rolled out according to serial number. Maybe that's why?

Master

Kev-Man - That is correct! The over the air update is being released in waves, not all devices are going to be receiving the update at the same time. Rest assure we are currently working hard to have this update properly sent out. - Stanley
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Still waiting in so cal.

Master

AMNESIASD,

The update is still being sent out in waves. updates can take several days for delivery. We thank you for your continued patience.

- Ackeem
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

So basically theres 1 day left to "roll out" this update to just about everyone in the network...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat