cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is lollipop 5.0

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: where is lollipop 5.0

So, I got the update last night (Sunday morning about 0115). There are some big and distinctive differences. I was surprised a little to be honest. The phone does, almost, feel new. From reading reviews, I was expecting to be underwhelmed. I'm satisfied.

Journeyman

Im in south GA still waiting

Journeyman

If you're not partial to info on your phone, factory reset and it'll kick in on the boot up. Worked for me at about 0115. There's a 50/50 chance it'll work.

Journeyman

Mine updated now im from Michigan. I factory reset my phone and went to check for update after I signed in and it worked so hopefully that will work for others

Journeyman

Still waiting!!!! Factory reset is not and option....so I guess I will continue to wait til 23

Highlighted
Journeyman

Andmarkav wrote:

My son and his wife have gotten their update on their LGg3 phone so far even though they purchased their phone about two months after I purchased my LG G3.

So that shoots down the ESN serial number in order rumor!  I bought my G3 shortly after it was released and still no update! 

Journeyman

firechikn wrote: So basically theres 1 day left to "roll out" this update to just about everyone in the network...

Yep!  They announce the update a week ago and like 80% of the users still don't have it on the next to last day.  Lame.  Even some of the others who did get it only got it by doing tricks like factory resets and google framework clearing out.  We shouldn't have to do those things!

Moving forward this should be a new strategy adopted by Sprint.  Instead of releasing this bulletin:  LG G3 joins the growing list of Sprint smartphones to get the Android™ 5.0, Lollipop, update. The over the air update is being pushed to our LG G3 customers now.

Very misleading and gets our hopes up that we will get the update that day!

It should read: LG G3 joins the growing list of Sprint smartphones to get the Android™ 5.0, Lollipop, update. The over the air update is being pushed to our LG G3 customers starting 2/16 and finishing on 2/23. 

At least that way they are being honest about it and not getting our hopes up so much.  By doing what they are doing and slow rolling it out in waves it causes me and I'm sure many others to lose their excitement over the update.  We all want to be among the first to get something new but with this lame process by the time we end up getting it is old news.

Journeyman

My wife got her update last night and we have the same phone Lg g3 only i didn't recieve it

Journeyman

I just dont see such a large customer base getting the update in the specified timeframe...

Journeyman

I agree

Journeyman

firechikn wrote: I just dont see such a large customer base getting the update in the specified timeframe...

Well the reason Sprint and Google are claiming that the update is being released slowly in waves is because they don't want to overload the servers.   I don't buy that because now it's a situation where a very large percentage of the user base (maybe 70-80%) are all going to get the push tomorrow on the very last day.  Why did they go three days (2/17-2/19) with no activity?  The server capacity could have been spread out much better than this.

Journeyman

I got 5.0, i had to backup my phone and do a factory reset. I shouldnt have had to do it that way, but it workd.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat