cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is lollipop 5.0

Go to solution
Master

Re: where is lollipop 5.0

MokLon - The update is still being distributed to devices. You have the option of checking for available updates in the settings of your phone. - Krista
Sprint Social Care

Hey everyone - We just checked in with our Product team about this.  The last of the phased deployment goes out today and up to this point, it looks like only half of LG G3 users have been pushed the update.  The remaining group of LG G3 users should get their Lollipop update today/tomorrow at some point.  Users are able to check on the software version manually by going into Settings>About Phone>Software Version.  The new version is:  LS990ZV8

You can even manually check for updates. 

Journeyman

no update on mine as well.  Over 1/2 users don't have the update yet but the target date to have this done was today?  I'm guess another 7 days.  #whatdoyouexpectitssprint, #shouldhaveknown

Journeyman

I live in Ohio and find it hard to believe as well that on the last day of the update time frame, only half of the LGG3 phones have gotten the Lollipop update. How long did it take for Galaxy 5? Did Sprint cell that many of these phones? How is it that Apple can send out major updates to all couriers and devices in one day? This makes it very hard to try to convince friends and co-workers to embrace Sprint.

Master

Andmarkav - The Lollipop update is still being pushed out. We are anticipating this update just as much as everyone else. We can't wait for everyone to enjoy their new features, it is being released in waves and as soon as its is available, you will be notified.
- Delacia
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ok sprint....do yall really know or just making excuses of why it has not arrive...cause we keep getting the run around

Journeyman

I'd like to know if the statement by SprintCare is valid still? Since today is 2/23/15, should we expect that to be true, or that statement was a lie?

By 2/23/15 all LG G3 users

Journeyman

I had got my update this past saturday but my phone said insufficient memory when i have more than 20gigz left not including my 8gig sd card...i uninstalled the little apps i had tried again and still got error...did a hard factory reset and phone wasnt updated in the process....kept tryin to promt update thru manual update and nothin...i even went to my local store and its sad that they dont carry the new update when it was released...how hard is it for sprint to have a file ready for people to get updated

Journeyman

Got mines just a bit ago after doing a factory reset it prompted me right away! Love it worth the wait!

Journeyman

. Welp I guess you fool me once again.....10:14 00pm and still no update.

Journeyman

I got the notification last night, but partway through the update the phone restarted and I'm still running 4.4.2.

Journeyman

I spend an hour and 45 min on the phone with sprint tech to be told that the update is not getting pushed to my lg g3 yet cuz it was recalled this is BS.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat