cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 Camera vs. Samsung NX300 Mirrorless Camera - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hey everyone!

(Note - The images below may appear compressed on either mobile or desktop viewing, clicking on the photos will open into a new tab so that you can see the full image without distortion!)

It's that time again for another installment of "What I Love About the LG G4" and today I'm going to focus on the camera itself.  LG has placed a significant focus (pun intended!) on the camera with this iteration of the 'G' series, and their hard work does not disappoint.  I recently took a trip to Northern California to visit family, as I mentioned in a previous post, and I brought along both my LG G4 and my Samsung NX300 Mirrorless Compact Camera.  If you want to see some details on the NX300 for comparison, here's an article at PCMAG.

I want to preface this post with the disclaimer that I am by no means a photographer.  I just enjoy taking pictures and I like to have a fantastic camera (and lens, if using my NX300) to do so.

LG G4 Camera Highlights:

I took many pictures using both of my devices and many times I was unable to tell the difference between the cameras used.  The colors were nearly the same, the focus was nearly the same, and the quality was nearly equal! I am quite surprised at how well the LG G4 was able to stand up against my NX300!  The only leg up my NX300 has over my LG G4 at the moment is the ability to change lenses.

Photo comparison between LG G4 and NX300 of a king snake:

LG G4:

20150621_164016.jpg

Samsung NX300:

SAM_5446_Compressed.jpg

As you can see, the difference between the two are minimal, which is something I was not expecting.  I was expecting the NX300 to completely blow the LG G4 out of the water, but the LG G4 is a strong contender.  Of course, for distance shots the LG G4 will suffer as it does not have the ability to change lenses (Although, that sure would be nice!).

The front-facing camera is also well-improved over previous iterations of the LG G series.  I am not a habitual selfie-taker, but I do take selfies once in a while, and I want a camera that is worth using.  All too often I have been disappointed by a device's front-facing camera and was forced to use the rear camera for a selfie (inconvenient, right?).  The LG G4 also packs a powerful front-facing camera that helps capture life's moments when you need it most.

Here are some front-facing camera shots:

Me at Burney Falls for the first time in over 15 years (Yep, I was a bit excited!):

20150621_162800_COMPRESSED.jpg

20150621_162824.jpg

20150621_170619_Compressed.jpg

Overall, I am extremely pleased with both the manual and the automatic modes on the LG G4.  The manual mode gives me the ability to adjust various settings to capture the perfect picture.  Some settings of manual mode include white balance, shutter speed, and ISO; each of the settings can be customized to create the perfect shot.  The LG G4 is quickly becoming a replacement to my NX300 when I am out on a hike or taking my kids to the river.  If I need longer distance shots, I'll take my NX300, but I think the LG G4 is enough of a powerhouse on its own for every day or non-distance shots.

I strongly recommend the LG G4 for your photo-taking needs.  Whether amateur (like me), or even professional, the LG G4 has features for you!  Hands down, the LG G4 camera is the best yet compared to its previous versions, as well as compared to other top manufacturers (my opinion, of course).  Pick up your LG G4 today and get your snap on!

Here are some other photos I took while on my trip.  I'll note if the photos were taken with either the LG G4 or NX300 so that you have a comparison.

Ridiculously tall tree growing atop lava caves (LG G4):

20150621_143206.jpg

Lunch buddy at Burney Falls (LG G4):

20150621_152541_Compressed.jpg

Downstream from Burney Falls (LG G4):

20150621_164655_Compressed.jpg

Carvings on a bridge over Burney Falls (LG G4):

20150621_170258.jpg

Mount Lassen in the distance -- View from Hat Creek Rim Trail overlooking the lava flow valley (LG G4):

20150623_073428.jpg

Mount Shasta in the distance -- View from Hat Creek Rim Trail overlooking the lava flow valley (LG G4):

20150623_073434.jpg

View upstream from Burney Falls (NX300):

SAM_5447.JPG

I hope you enjoyed the overview of the camera, as well as some of the photos!  The LG G4 camera is the best yet, and one that I now depend on to take the perfect shot.  Whenever I'm going out with my family, I make sure I have my LG G4 with me so that I can capture life's moments perfectly.

Until next time...

giphy (1).gif

- Troy

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee