cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG G4 Final Conclusions

Sprint Product Ambassador

The LG G4 experience is similar to a roller coaster ride that you just don't want to get off of - you're having too much fun.  I should clarify - the overall experience has been thrilling.  The device has a lot to offer in a smartphone. 

You can't have a loop-de-loop without ups and downs, however.  First things first, you should know that the device has a powerful processor.  With a 1.8 GHz 6-core processor, you can accomplish mutliple-tasks, intensive applications, and little to no lag.  PRO:  It's fast  CON:  I have noticed with some applications that the device does tend to get a little bit warm. 

Next you want to know that you have a brilliant screen to display those fantastic pictures you took, the movies you want to watch, and the apps with endless detail.  PRO:  It has a Quad HD IPS display for the 5.5" screen it sports.  CON:  Many times, even with the brightness set to manual, the screen will dim on its own, or will appear to fade out from certain angles.

Did I mention the camera?  Well, it takes fantastic, rich photos and videos.  The rear camera is the beast:  a 16 MP camera with optical image stabilization, while the front-facing camera is 8 MP.  In selfie-mode, you can generate a bright frame on the front that helps highlight the subject in low light conditions.  The rear camera has a manual mode that allows you to capture a picture that is just right.  PRO:  Lightening fast auto-focus, multiple modes, and probably the best camera on a phone I have used.  CON:  None.

I have grown accustomed to the built-in IR sensor that many of the flagship smartphones have introduced, and I enjoy the convenience of using them.  The QuickRemote app on the LG is easy to setup, and seems to be very versatile with many brands of devices.  Additionally, using the LG Health app, I have a quick record of some basic fitness goals, such as the number of steps I take per day.  Similar to Samsung's NFC tags that allow you to modify settings using tags placed in various locations, LG has Smart Settings.  This uses GPS to configure specific settings based on when you come and go.  For example, I can set it up to turn my Wi-Fi on when I get home, or open a certain app when I connect to a bluetooth device.  QuickMemo is a great way to take down some quick information when you need to, such as a price, product number, phone number, address, etc.  PRO:  Impressive Suite of hardware / software applications that many users can find use for on a daily basis.  CON:  Lacking some of the other hardware and software features that other flagship smartphones have been coming with, such as a health sensor, or fingerprint reader.

My final conclusion is that this is one of the better smartphones that I have ever used, that it possesses an elegance of style that other smartphones have yet to match.

Jeff

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee