cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 Blog

0 Comments

lg-s-latest-g4-teaser-focuses-on-the-upcoming-flagship-s-improved-qhd-display.jpeg

In today's market, there are good phones and there are great phones.  I mean sure there are plenty of exciting options out there (for devices) but only a few are truly great.  Rest assured, with the LG G4, I certainly rank it in the great category.  It is by far my favorite LG release to date.  One thing that totally blows my mind is the new camera.  You will be amazed how the integrated laser focus not only pin points those perfect shots but does so really, really fast.  I mean sure, we've all had moments stumbling to capture that precious moments. Those times when a slow focus leaves you stranded.  However rest assured the LG G4 has you covered and you won't lose that split second chance to capture something important.  LG really stepped up its game with the G4.  The specs are off the chart and the phone feels stylish with the luxurious leather back.  You won't be disappointed holding this power house of a phone.  In conclusion, if you're looking for your next phone with awesome specs and one of the best cameras possible, look no further.  The LG G4 is your phone.

Thanks for reading!

?Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.?

0 Comments

7.jpg

One of the ways that Android device manufacturers are differentiating their products from others in an ocean of sameness is by giving the consumer ways to individualize.  LG has done a great job with the G4 by offering various alternate leather back covers through lg.com so that even though all G4s may look the same from the front, you can change up back by swapping out the cover plate.

I ordered a couple of covers several weeks ago and finally got them last week.  I opted for the blue-gray color and the orange color which originally I thought was more of a tan but is definitely more of an orange.  I'm sure I'll be using it around Halloween when an orange and black phone won't look so strange.  But still, it more of a burnt orange so I am dealing with it.

g4 back 1.jpg

g4 back2.jpg

g4 back 3.jpg

I definitely recommend these cases to breathe some new life into your G4.  Just when you think there's nothing new going on with

the coolest phone that LG has ever made, think again!

And if you want to unlock the "Secret of Leather" as seen through LG's eyes, check out this video:

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

G4.png

I received my LG G4 over a month ago and I have enjoyed reviewing the phone. LG UI comes with widgets and apps I like to use so I look forward to LG phones. When I received my LG G4, I received a Spiegen Light Armor case along with a Otterbox Commuter. The Otterbox was the only one that would fit the leather back on my LG G4, although it felt to bulky for me to use. Spiegen is one of my favorites because of their slim design and kickstands that come on the Slim Armor cases. This is the first phone in a while where I have not felt like I needed a case because of the leather back was to nice to cover up.

cases.PNG

I live in the country and I am able to maintain a phone call without dropping it from when I leave the office all the way home. The battery last as expected with a 5.5 inch display depending on the apps I use. Other than making and receiving calls, the next important feature on a phone for me is the camera. I am picky when it comes to cameras because they have to be fast and accurate. The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge was the phone I used before I switched to my LG G4. Both phones have great cameras and lighting is always key in taking a great picture....

Comp 3.PNG

I took the comparison pictures while at lunch at Chick-fil-A because they always have interesting and different flowers everyday. I have taken several pictures over the month and the examples I have here stood out over the others...

Comp 1.PNG

The Pro mode on the Galaxy S6 is easier to use than the Manual mode on the LG G4. The reason is all the settings are in landscape view and if you want to take a picture in portrait view it is hard to adjust some of the settings and take the picture. The LG G4 allows for more light to come in with the settings available and in automatic mode. The interesting part of taking all of these pictures for comparison was how the pictures looked on the phone versus how they look when I upload them. I am leaning towards the LG G4 more for pictures than my S6 Edge

20150727_191300.jpg

Taking pictures of my daughters grow up is very important as every moment is special to me. I want to make sure I can capture their smile when taking a picture and not miss it because the camera is to slow. The LG G4 provides a very fast and accurate camera and I have really enjoyed reviewing this phone. I will let you be the judge on which pictures between the LG G4 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is better...

Visit a Sprint store and check out the LG G4...

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

The LG G4 experience is similar to a roller coaster ride that you just don't want to get off of - you're having too much fun.  I should clarify - the overall experience has been thrilling.  The device has a lot to offer in a smartphone. 

You can't have a loop-de-loop without ups and downs, however.  First things first, you should know that the device has a powerful processor.  With a 1.8 GHz 6-core processor, you can accomplish mutliple-tasks, intensive applications, and little to no lag.  PRO:  It's fast  CON:  I have noticed with some applications that the device does tend to get a little bit warm. 

Next you want to know that you have a brilliant screen to display those fantastic pictures you took, the movies you want to watch, and the apps with endless detail.  PRO:  It has a Quad HD IPS display for the 5.5" screen it sports.  CON:  Many times, even with the brightness set to manual, the screen will dim on its own, or will appear to fade out from certain angles.

Did I mention the camera?  Well, it takes fantastic, rich photos and videos.  The rear camera is the beast:  a 16 MP camera with optical image stabilization, while the front-facing camera is 8 MP.  In selfie-mode, you can generate a bright frame on the front that helps highlight the subject in low light conditions.  The rear camera has a manual mode that allows you to capture a picture that is just right.  PRO:  Lightening fast auto-focus, multiple modes, and probably the best camera on a phone I have used.  CON:  None.

I have grown accustomed to the built-in IR sensor that many of the flagship smartphones have introduced, and I enjoy the convenience of using them.  The QuickRemote app on the LG is easy to setup, and seems to be very versatile with many brands of devices.  Additionally, using the LG Health app, I have a quick record of some basic fitness goals, such as the number of steps I take per day.  Similar to Samsung's NFC tags that allow you to modify settings using tags placed in various locations, LG has Smart Settings.  This uses GPS to configure specific settings based on when you come and go.  For example, I can set it up to turn my Wi-Fi on when I get home, or open a certain app when I connect to a bluetooth device.  QuickMemo is a great way to take down some quick information when you need to, such as a price, product number, phone number, address, etc.  PRO:  Impressive Suite of hardware / software applications that many users can find use for on a daily basis.  CON:  Lacking some of the other hardware and software features that other flagship smartphones have been coming with, such as a health sensor, or fingerprint reader.

My final conclusion is that this is one of the better smartphones that I have ever used, that it possesses an elegance of style that other smartphones have yet to match.

Jeff

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

I am a big fan of Spigen cases.  I just want to put that out there.  I like Spigen primarily because the case doesn't necessarily change the form or size of the device in any significant way.  One of Spigen's cases available for the LG G4 is the Thin Fit Case.  The case retails for $14.99 on Spigen's website.  It comes in Smooth Black, Shimmery White, and Mint.  Of course, it doesnt offer protections from the elements, but it does help with the occasional slip-out-of-the-hand syndrome, and with scratches.  Spigen states that the case is not compatible with the leather back LG G4; however, I have been using it with my leather back phone, and it is working wonderfully!  There are two main features that I like about the Spigen case:

1. With my leather back LG G4, it feels slippery and I can see myself dropping it.  The case adds the security of a much more firm grip on the device.
  2. It keeps the sides, back, and screen-lip from being scuffed up or scratched.

Spigen indicates they had a low-profile, simple look in mind for the case, and allows the user to maintain the slim form-factor of the phone.  The case does not cover up any of the important ports on the phone, and the finished tone of the case is blended between a smooth and matte finish.  I'm using model number SGP11513, if you decide to pick one up.  As always, make sure it is the original, and not an imitation.

Thanks!

20150725_162242.jpg20150725_162342.jpg20150725_162429_HDR.jpg

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

So you dropped your previous phone, and it broke.  Now you have upgraded to the latest LG G4, and you want to make sure it is protected.  Rugged protection for your phone is available with the Otterbox Defender case.

20150725_154545.jpg

I should start by stating that this case isn't made for the LG G4 devices with a leather back.  The Otterbox Defender has a detachable holster that easily attaches to ones belt via a belt clip.  The phone itself goes into a polycarbonate plastic shell with a screen protector that snaps on to the front of the device.  A rubber wraparound cover gives the device added shock protection.  There are rubber inserts to protect the headset port and the charging port, and an exposed hole exists at the bottom for the microphone.  The cover does not obstruct or interfere with either the front-facing camera or the rear camera.  The case is available in 5 colors:  Fire Within, Casual Blue, Purple Amethyst, Melon Pop, and Black.  The case has a retail cost of $49.95 and free shipping if ordered direct from their website.

I am impressed with its rugged nature.  It is resistant to dust, shock, and the screen protector helps keep scratches at bay.  I don't tend to carry my devices on my belt - i prefer to carry them in my pocket, so I don't care for the bulkiness of the case.  However, for the protection it offers, bulkiness is a necessity.  When you do carry it on your belt, you will notice it is very easy to get to, remove, and place back in its holster.  The case is form-fitting for the most part, and does not have a tendency to slip out of your hand, which the leather back LG G4 typically does.

If you get a chance to protect your device with the Otterbox Defender, I suspect you will not be disappointed, although the case comes with a 1 year manufacturers warranty.

20150725_154813.jpg

20150725_154834.jpg

Disclaimer:

0 Comments

http://cdn1.xda-developers.com/devdb/deviceForum/screenshots/4231/20150429T041531.png

Well it was a fun ride with my LG G4. After some time with the device I have grown even fonder.  I have had the leather back device and although I really did not want to cover the phone up I had to.  The thought of me dropping it and damaging it haunted my dreams until I got a case.  I tried both the Otter box case and the Spigen case and ultimately chose the Spigen case (you can check my case blog here.)  The Camera has blown me away.  In this day and age when very few people carry digital cameras having a good one on your phone is both convenient and a must.  So if you have to choose a phone based on camera in my opinion this is the best on the market (Check out my picture blog here.)  Over the time you use a device you find different tips and tricks to use the device more efficiently (Check out my tips and tricks blog here.)  Overall if there is any device you are considering to buy I definitely would recommend the LG G4.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

lg_g4_logo.png

The new LG G4 comes with an impressive camera that also provides several options for its user. When the camera is launched, it is defaulted to Auto, although there are 2 other options available too... Simple and Manual. The other 2 options will drop down when the 3 dots are tapped in the top right hand corner.

Auto.PNG

Auto setting provides several options to select from settings to a dedicated camera button on the screen. In this mode we have several features and options to tap on:

• Mode - additional camera modes
    • Dual mode - take a picture and include yourself in the picture
    • Panorama
    • Auto
  • Selfie - tap the camera icon at the top of the screen to switch to selfie mode and back
  • Flash - option to set flash to auto, off and on
  • Settings - various camera settings for grid lines to timer
  • Return - button will return take you back to the home screen
  • Dedicated button to tap for taking pictures
  • Video
  • Preview window to tap on for viewing pictures that have been taken

This is the default settings out of the box and I generally leave mine set to Auto unless I need to use one of the others as this setting has several features I use regularly.

Simple.PNG

Simple mode is just that... switching to this option will remove all the buttons from the screen except the 3 dots and the return to home screen. When you are ready to take a picture just tap anywhere on the screen and the picture is taken... very simple. The only thing about this mode is that the flash and everything would need to be set to how you want to use it before using Simple. If flash was turned off and the phone was switched to Simple mode, there is not an option to turn it back on when needed without switching back to Auto.

mode.PNG

picture from LG G4 website

I love using the manual mode when opportunity is presented to use. We have some of the same options as auto like Settings, Return, Flash, 3 dots, video and previously taken pictures with some extras. Manual mode will require some adjusting of various settings from Shutter Speed to White Balance. Using this mode is similar to using a DSLR camera because you can do some much including taking pictures in RAW format. I like using the manual mode for taking close up pictures and trying to create special effects with the shutter speed and other settings available here.

20150710_203139.jpg

This is a small toy silver cannon where I was trying to identify the makers mark. I used my LG G4 in manual mode to get a very close up pictures to see where it was made and if there was a silver mark or not... It was almost impossible to make out the details on this miniature toy without the use of my LG G4.

Visit a Sprint store to check out the LG G4 camera yourself along with the various modes and camera settings that are available.

Thanks,

Blue

0 Comments

Battery.jpg

I have never really thought much about a removable battery and SD card slot in a phone. It seemed like most of the phones that I used had both the removable battery and additional storage options. Now the trend is going the other way and a lot of phones are not giving you the option for either of these. The reason they are moving away from it is because there are a ton of options to store pictures and data in the cloud so you don?t need the actual storage on your phone. I have the privilege of testing out a ton of phones each year. One of the easier ways to transfer data from device to device is to have an SD card. I have a card that has carried my pictures from the past few years. I back them up on my computer and in a cloud based storage, but it eliminates a step from the new phone process to have the SD slot. The LG G4 offers both a removable battery and extra storage which has been my favorite feature of the phone. It is not a deal breaker if a phone does not have it, but it is an added bonus when it does.

LG offered an awesome promotion to receive an additional battery when you buy a G4 to show the customer how handy it could be. When I have been traveling it can be difficult to find charging options. If I have an extra battery I get a full charge without having to find an outlet. A removable battery has never been a feature I cared about on a phone until I actually had a second battery. It is an awesome portable power option for power users. If you are the type of phone user who values the little things, then I think you will love these options on the LG G4.

Pictures from TrustedReviews.Com

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Case.jpg

When you buy a flagship device, it is important to protect your investment with a case that can keep it from being banged up and bruised. In my opinion, it is also important to get a case that does not take away from the new look of your phone. The LG G4 comes in some awesome leather options so it’s a shame to cover it up, but I have dropped too many phones to go unprotected. There are a ton of different case options but I wanted to share my thoughts on two of my favorite.

Spigen – I received an Ultra Hybrid case for the G4. This happened to be the same case that I use for most of my phones. It’s important to note that the cases are not designed to fit with the leather version of the phone. That being said, the Hybrid fit snugly on the device with no issues. The only time it has become a pain is when taking it off because it always removes the back of the device with it. The case itself has an awesome look and feel. You can choose from a good variety of color options to meet you individual taste. One of the options is to have a clear case, which is my personal favorite. If you’re not a fan of the Ultra Hybrid, Spiegen offers a wide variety of different styles of cases and screen protectors.

Otterbox – It has been a while since I have used an Otterbox case. I was sent a pint Otterbox Defender case to protect my G4. My wife is a huge fan of pink so she offered to test it out on the G4 for a week. She is a nanny who works with a one year old and a five year old. They keep her busy and always want to watch videos on her phone. The Otterbox Defender was perfect for this type of situation as it’s practically indestructible in the case. It can be dropped and thrown without suffering damage. The case does add a lot of bulk, but it is an awesome option for someone who is rough with their phone or who works in a place where your phone’s health is at risk! Otterbox also makes a few case options and provides a ton of colors. You can even customize the defender case to meet your needs.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Final Thoughts on the Simply Amazing LG G4 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

In the past, I’ve said I’m honestly a bit of an LG-Fanboy… but seriously, I guess the real question is why aren’t you too?

My final thoughts on the LG G4 are simply positive.  I love the interface, the styling and the overall presentation. Having a stitched leather back makes you look and feel like the secret agent or CEO.  You can be sleek and suave if you want or quickly switch your mood with several other back options available.  The LG G4 simply has something for everyone and this July is the best time to consider upgrading to that G4, as LG is happy to include another back option, a second battery and charging cradle FREE with your purchase*. 

You will not be disappointed with the features the LG G4. All your favorite LG standards are here. LG Remote, WiFi Calling, Knock On, LG Health and plenty of other new exciting apps to discover.

If you need power, then you have it.  The Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 has six cores working for you, 3GB of RAM and up to 2TB of storage (with microSD card).  This phone is meant to last you and give you all the performance, you would expect with a flagship device.

The 16MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture and laser focus makes your close-ups pop with the detail.  Shutterbugs can rejoice with RAW image capture, HDR and variable white balance. Add a 2560x1440 Quad HD Display with 1500:1 contrast ratio and your pictures, movies and apps jump right off the screen with stunning clarity. 

Most of what I mention can’t be truly appreciated without seeing and holding this amazing device so I would simply recommend checking one out first hand.  I know you’ll be glad you did.  To say LG gives you more bang for the buck is an understatement.  This dynamite phone is blast to use and makes many others look like firecrackers in comparison.

LG.jpg

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

* http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/g4/cover-promo

Image Copyright © 2015 LG Electronics. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

lg-s-latest-g4-teaser-focuses-on-the-upcoming-flagship-s-improved-qhd-display.jpeg

I have used all of the LG G series phones and the G4 stands alone amongst them.  It is by far the best LG G series phone I have used.  The G4 Has power buttons and the volume rockers on the back of the phone, too many this seems dumb, but the functionality of these buttons is spot on.  Right where your finger rest on the back you can change the volume of the device without hunting around for the button.  My other favorite feature is the camera, I am not a huge picture taker, but I like showing people how fast this camera takes pictures and focuses on the subject.  I also like having them compare photos of the same subject to show how fantastic this camera really is.  With the manual mode feature it makes any camera lover drool over all of the settings and features.

Thanks for reading!

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

One of the latest trends with OEMs and smart devices are manufacturer "app stores." Some top OEMs have their own app stores, and LG, being the strong contender that they are, have a play in the app store game as well called "LG SmartWorld."

smartworldphone.png

You can check out LG SmartWorld, as it is accessible both on your LG G4 as well as via your browser at http://us.lgworld.com/web.main.dev.

smartworld.png

Another latest trend that OEMs are rolling out are "themes." LG does a great job with offering customization options and themes from LG SmartWorld. Via LG SmartWorld, you can install different fonts, wallpapers, home themes, keyboard themes, ringtones, and more. LG SmartWorld also provides free LG ThemePark software installable on your PC (not Mac compatible). This software helps you to fully design your device, customizing your menu screen, home screen, icons, item drawer, and lock screen. Note: you do not need LG ThemePark to customize, but ThemePark is another fun avenue they offer for customization. 

Using a QuickCircle case? LG SmartWorld has a great selection of QuickCircle themes and Apps from which to choose?

quickcircletheme.png

quickcircleapp.png

In addition to helping design your LG G4 and making it your own, LG SmartWorld also suggests apps in categories such as entertainment, games, utilities, education, and lifestyle.

lgg4.png

If you have an LG G4, make the most of it and have some fun with LG SmartWorld. Don't have an LG G4 yet?  It is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #lgg4 #jruggiero #sprintproductambassadors

0 Comments

My wife and I recently went on an amazing vacation in NYC for the 4th of July. Since the LG G4 has an amazing camera, I decided to take it as my main device to get some great pictures. There have been other blogs written going over specs and different options for the camera, so I am going to focus on just showing the great pictures that I got with the phone. One thing to note, the laser focus works great in all lighting situations. We got some epic pictures of fireworks which can be hard to capture on a mobile device.

4th.jpg4th2.jpgEmpire.jpgLG.jpg

0 Comments

The LG G4 is a beast of a device. I have been using it for about a month now and it is incredible. I strongly recommend it. As a bonus, included with Sprint’s LG G4 is one of my favorite features, Wi-Fi Calling.

lgg4.png

Wi-Fi Calling is sometimes needed because you might find yourself inside a certain building that might block coverage. Sprint has Wi-Fi Calling to combat that issue. However, it is only available on SELECT devices, and the LG G4 is one of those special devices that has Wi-Fi Calling included on the device.

What is Wi-Fi Calling?

Sprint’s Wi-Fi Calling enhances coverage in buildings and other locations. On your LG G4, it allows you to call or message from anywhere you have a Wi-Fi connection at no extra charge. Because you’re calling and texting over a Wi-Fi network, your activity won’t count against any minute, text, or data limits on your Sprint plan. However, international rates still apply for international numbers.

Enabling Wi-Fi Calling on your LG G4

In order to use this feature on your LG G4, follow these simple steps:

1. Connect to a Wi-Fi Network
    1. Settings > Wi-Fi > Long press on Wi-Fi network of choice > Connect to network
  2. Enable Wi-Fi Calling on your Wi-Fi network
    1. Continuing from the step above, long press on your Wi-Fi network > select Wi-Fi Calling > If off, turn on Wi-Fi calling > your Wi-Fi Network will now appear in the Wi-Fi Calling Networks section
    2. Make certain it is marked “on”
  3. Wi-Fi Range Alert
    1. In the Wi-Fi Calling section (Settings > Wi-Fi Calling), tap the three vertical dots in the upper-right hand corner
    2. Tap on Wi-Fi Range Alert. The follow message will appear “Enable weak signal audio alert: This service will provide you with In-Call audio alerts when you are going out of range of your connected network. If you hear an audio alert, move closer to you Wi-Fi access point.” I suggest enabling this feature so you are aware when you are walking out of Wi-Fi Calling range.

Now that you have enabled Wi-Fi Calling on your LG G4, you can keep in touch over Wi-Fi while in those coverage challenged buildings. If you change Wi-Fi networks, don’t forget enable the new network with Wi-Fi Calling.

If you haven’t purchased your LG G4 yet, it is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #lgg4 #jruggiero #sprintproductambassadors

0 Comments

Hey everyone!

(Note - The images below may appear compressed on mobile, clicking on the photos will open into a new tab so that you can see the full image without distortion!)

It's that time again for another installment of "What I Love About the LG G4" and today I'm going to focus on using Ringtone ID.  What is Ringtone ID, you ask?  Ringtone ID is a feature that allows you to hear a different ringtone for each person who calls you, your contacts, or just your favorites.  The Ringtone ID feature creates a custom ringtone based on the numbers in a person's phone number.  So, 1 would have a specific tone, 2 would have a specific tone, and so on.  Since no two phone numbers are the same, each individual ringtone will sound different from the other!  This allows you to customize the phone for you based on your friends/family who call you.

Ringtone ID as defined by LG:

Screenshot_2015-07-15-15-02-41.png

How do you set this up?  Simple.  Head to your sound settings first:

Settings > Sound > Ringtone ID > Set to On.  You can then customize which contacts have a custom ringtone by clicking on Ringtone ID and selecting Everyone, Contacts or Favorites. Like this:

Ringtone ID On.png  Three options.png

I have mine set to "Favorites," so we need to understand how to enable favorites to make sure we are going to hear the customized ringtone. You'll need to navigate to the Phone application, then to Contacts.  Select the contact you want to make a favorite and click the greyed-out star in the upper right corner, which will then turn yellow.  This contact is now set as a favorite!  You'll notice (so long as your Ringtone ID settings are set to "favorites") that the ringtone at the bottom of the contact changes as well

Screenshot_2015-07-15-16-03-58.png

You can also preview the ringtone from the Ringtone ID by selecting the "play" icon there next to the ringtone.

I personally find this option to be useful and fun because it allows me to customize my phone even further.  I've talked about customization before in a previous blog LG G4 - Customization Tips Using LG SmartWorld - Sprint Product Ambassadors.  I love to customize my phone, and the LG G4 makes this process simple and fun.  The only issue I see with this level of customization is not necessarily being aware that your phone is ringing.  I can't count how many times I've been in a situation with numerous people who all have phones.  If my unique ringtone plays in the midst of all the other devices, I may not recognize it, thus causing me to miss a call.  I try to counteract this by only assigning a Ringtone ID to favorites instead of everyone because I have a better time storing those audible tones in my memory for when people call.

Have you used Ringtone ID yet?  What do you think?

Wanna hear what a Ringtone ID sounds like?  Or, do you prefer to watch versus read?  Check out my video below!  As always, thank you for reading (and/or watching)!

- Troy

0 Comments

menu+key+assistant+menu+in+Galaxy+S4+Android+Kitkat.png

One of the great improvements of Android way back when 4.0 launched called Ice Cream Sandwich removed the menu button. Up until recently manufactures got rid of the menu button finally after a painful two years so still seeing it. I loved the menu button before Android 4.0 but it really isn’t useful like it used to be with Google's pig push of material designed OS and apps. Google's material push makes the menu a slide out from the left of the screen. This makes so much sense to save screen real estate and minimizing confusion. If the menu button was still around users would still see four action buttons. Well if you need to access the menu button for a legacy app or whatever reason is still is around, just not in sight. Holding the recent menu button or the square will bring up the menu action. Now this will not work on every app. An example would be Facebook will have a separate menu. Within Google apps nothing happens.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee#

0 Comments

G4-easy-720x423.jpg

LG provides two options from the factory to choose. The great thing about android is the user has several choices outside of what the manufacture provides. In my opinion LG provides two great choices stock. The first is LG?s ?Home? launcher which is quick and light, the other option is called "Easy Home". I will be focusing on Easy home for the time being. Easy Home is a really bare bones launcher with large icons and text. The launcher I believe targets a few categories of people. The first being people with poor vision, the large text and icons really make it much easier to see and use. The second would be simplicity, if the user is new to android not use to the app drawer and all the functionality of a typical home screen this makes it much simpler. The third option would be to someone that just wants the basic functionality of the device, calling, texting and the camera. Unlike phones in the past the LG G4 with its high resolution screen Easy Home looks just as good as the stock launcher.

Easy Home lets you make the font size as small or as large as you need it for your preference. LG also allows to use a favorite?s widget that is a direct dial or message to your favorite or most frequent contacts. Easy mode eliminates the app drawer like a traditional launcher. Easy mode displays all your apps installed on several difference home screens. If you have a ton of apps installed you may have several home screens full of apps.

lg-g4-easyhome-font-size.png

Once you get use to easy mode, you may want to try another launcher to see what else is out there. The possibilities are endless with launcher customization.

First image from gottabemobile.com

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.?

0 Comments

I like themes! I enjoy changing the default theme and icons on all of my devices.  The best part it is now built into the LG G4, before you needed 3rd party software but LG got you covered.  Having theme built in makes it easy to make changes, if you load up LG smart world, you can pick from tons of free fonts, and theme with icon packs.  When I looked at the themes I was like a kid in a candy store.  I started downloading all of them.  I have chosen 1 that I use most of the time, but there are themes for everyone?s taste. Take a look there all free from what I have viewed but you can lose yourself looking through them.

Screenshot_2015-07-11-08-19-33.pngScreenshot_2015-07-11-08-19-40.pngScreenshot_2015-07-11-08-20-01.pngScreenshot_2015-07-11-08-20-14.png

Thanks for reading!

?Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.?

0 Comments

G4.jpg

LG has made, in my opinion, some of the best Android smartphones to date. The G3 had an amazing camera and a sleek style. The original G Flex is probably my favorite LG ever made. I was excited to hear that I was going to get the G4 so I could see how it stacks up to its previous versions and the rest of the competition.

The G4 keeps the same button placement as its predecessors which is a great thing. If you have never used the buttons on the back of a phone, then you won’t fully understand how much easier it is to use. Knock on/off and knock code also return. In my early experiences it seems like the knock code is a little more sensitive than the G3 and the G Flex 2, but it still works the majority of the time. Lollipop on the G4 runs smoothly and I have not had any issues with overheating and have had minimal lag. The size of the phone is perfect for me and I have used it for exercising, working, and playing games. One thing that LG excels at is making a really good speaker. If you look at the speaker slots you would not think the phone would be as loud as it is, but it really can compete with some of the best speakers on smartphones in the market today.

The camera on the G4 is where it really shines. It keeps the laser focus to allow you to get amazing pictures without having to wait for a focus. I took a trip to NYC and got incredible pictures which I will post in my next blog. Overall the G4 has lived up to expectations so far. There have been some speedbumps with recent LG phones with overheating and lag, but I have not had any of those experiences with the G4. If you are in the market for a new phone you should give the G4 consideration and go play with one at your local Sprint store.

0 Comments

LG G4 - Event Pocket

LG has added some great features to the G4 device. One of my favorites is the Event Pocket add-on built into the calendar. This feature allows users to add events to the calendar in a simplistic drag and drop way. While within the calendar this feature is the icon in the top right hand corner and is the shape of an envelopeEvent Pocket.jpg.  When selecting the icon you are presented with 4 menu options to choose from File Folder, Facebook, GPS, and Task.

File Folder allows you to add items to the Event Pocket from the image folder or memo pad. To do this the user will select the plus + icon located top right inside the panel. Once selected the user will be presented with a pop up to select either image or memo. After selecting image you will be brought to your image gallery where you can choose the image you want to add to the pocket. Once selected press okay and the image appears in the panel for the event pocket. You can then drag the image to a date of choosing and the calendar will create an event with that image attached to it. You can then select the event and change the time and add any additional information needed.

Screenshot_2015-07-12-10-41-51.png Screenshot_2015-07-12-10-42-27.png Screenshot_2015-07-12-10-43-45.png Screenshot_2015-07-12-14-51-56.png Screenshot_2015-07-12-14-52-02.png Screenshot_2015-07-12-14-55-10.png

When activated the Facebook option allows the ability to sync the events listed and associated with you. Select this option and the panel will change to show you all the events. To add an event to the calendar simply click the event and a pop up will be presented with the option to "Add Event" or select "OK" to dismiss. Once clicking "Add Event" you will be given the option to set the time and reminders and add any notes needed. Simply click save and your done.

Screenshot_2015-07-12-10-42-34.png Screenshot_2015-07-12-10-43-11.png Screenshot_2015-07-12-14-57-57.png

Selecting the GPS icon will present you options for various choices based on your location. These choices can be changed based on your preferences. Above the list presented will be 2 options. The first option on the left is a category selection. This will detail the options added to the list presented to you. Choose from the following Culture & Arts, Shopping, Accommodation, Food & Beverage, and Life. You can one or all of them selected. The option   next is the location you are searching. The application will choose the area you are in right now based on your GPS signal. This can be changed by selecting the name and the map will pop up with a search bar. Enter the address you are looking for and select okay. Once complete you will again have a list of options based on the criteria entered. Same as the previous section you can add anything from this selection to be created as an even for reminding later on.

Screenshot_2015-07-12-10-43-20.png Screenshot_2015-07-12-15-32-18.png

The final selection for the Event Pocket is the Task section. If you use tasks here you can take the tasks and place them into an event for reminder to be done and then share those event with others so they can help assist in the outstanding tasks.

Screenshot_2015-07-12-10-43-31.png

I wanted to show how I use this feature. Take for instance you are planning an event or party and you found something on a website you wanted to use for the party, like a recipe. You can have this website added as an event to be reminded of it on the day of the event. To do this while in the browser select the menu - click share - click calendar - and select pocket. This will save this website as an entry in your pocket to then be placed when ready into the calendar and on the date needed. You can then also add pictures and notes as you would any other calendar event you can create.  Hope you enjoyed learning about this feature and give it a try you may actually like it.

Screenshot_2015-07-12-10-45-56.png Screenshot_2015-07-12-10-49-12.png Screenshot_2015-07-12-11-25-19.png Screenshot_2015-07-12-11-25-26.png Screenshot_2015-07-12-11-25-54.png Screenshot_2015-07-12-15-57-24.png

And for those who like video here is a short one showing how this works.

Disclaimer:

0 Comments

The LG G4 is a high-end piece of equipment and work of art. Such equipment warrants a case that will protect it well. If you have this device, I suggest you take a look at Otterbox's protection options. Otterbox has some great cases from which you can choose for the LG G4.

lgx28-g4-dr.jpg

I have been able to use Otterbox's Symmetry Series Case for the LG G4, and have been quite pleased. I chose the pink pebble color, which is two-toned with pink and gray. They also have Black (black/dark gray), City Blue (blue/dark gray), Glacier (whitish/dark grey).

lgx28-g4-dr-1.jpg

The case is thin, stylish, and all one piece. It protects well from drops and protects the screen with having a raised beveled edge/bumper. It also slips well into your pockets with its smooth texture.

lgx28-g4-dr-3.jpg

The materials are a synthetic rubber interior and polycarbonate exterior (preventing scratches), and comes with honeycomb coring which dissipates shocks. This case will protect your device quite well!

lgx28-g4-dr-2.jpg

The Otterbox Symmetry Series case comes with a one year warranty as well. Otterbox is a trusted name and stands by their product. You can never go wrong when getting an Otterbox.

0 Comments

If you've ever used a DSLR camera, you will know the amazing set of pictures you can capture by varying the aperture, shutter speed, and manual focus.  You can really get some fantastic pictures that any plain digital camera could not.  I'm not suggesting you need to dump your DSLR; however, I am suggesting that the LG G4 camera has some fantastic quality, and with manual mode, puts you back in the driver seat for your creative photography. 

Your new LG G4 phone sports a 10 MP front facing camera with a 1/2.6" sensor.  It also sports a low light lens with f/1.8 aperture.  According to LG, the "f/1.8 lens allows more light to enter the lens and be captured by the image sensor allowing for better low light performance."  Its camera supports optical image stabilization and laser auto focus for capturing the right picture in an acute amount of time. The device also has a Color Spectrum sensor allowing for a more-closely accurate color representation. Here are a few photos I took with mine in my backyard:

20150627_104511.jpg20150626_094936.jpg

20150624_073220.jpg20150626_101439.jpg

The Manual Mode on the camera allows for much more control over most other smartphones.  The LG G4 supports:

• Manual Shutter speed - Allows for shutter speeds between very fast 1/6000 second to a long exposure 30 seconds.
  • White Balance - The CS sensor can detect white balance levels ranging from 2400 Kelvin to 7400 Kelvin.
  • ISO - Can be adjusted from 50 to 2700 ISO
  • Exposure Compensation - Allows you to adjust to within 2 stops for image exposure to compensate for more bright or more dark backgrounds.
  • RAW - Files can be saved in RAW format to take advantage of advanced photo editing.

Interested in taking a video for your UHD TV?  Well, your LG G4 has got you covered there as well.  The can capture video in Ultra High Definition, and with the appropriate cable, can be played back in UHD on your UHD capable TV.

And of course, the phone comes with a microSD card slot in addition to its 32 GB of storage to help with storing all the photos you will be taking.

Happy Photosnapping!

Disclaimer:

0 Comments

Hello again, everyone!

(Note - The images below may appear compressed on either mobile or desktop viewing, clicking on the photos will open into a new tab so that you can see the full image without distortion!)

Another week, another blog!  This time I wanted to focus on the LG G4's customization options that many people seem to overlook.  In previous iterations of devices (not just LG), customization was minimal, which required the need for 3rd Party applications from the Play Store.  Changing the look and feel of the device took many steps, a couple of apps, and wasted memory space.

LG has introduced LG SmartWorld, which is a place for LG owners to find various ways to customize their devices.  A user can change the theme of the device, download high quality background images, and even change the way the stock LG Keyboard looks.  Want to change your icons?  Done.  Want a red keyboard? Done. Want a new font? Done!  Let's look into the different options below:

SmartWorld Icon on LG G4:

SmartWorld_Icon.png

SmartWorld Landing Page:

SmartWorld_Home.png

From the home screen of SmartWorld, you can scroll down to find numerous options including:

• New Apps
  • Customization bundles
  • Wallpapers
  • Fonts
  • Home themes
  • Keyboard Themes
  • Other application categories (Entertainment, vacation, games, utilities, etc.)

Fonts are a fun way to customize your phone to make it "you."  I love to change my fonts because it gives my device a new feel every time.  Did you know your device already has different font options pre-installed?  Well, now you do!  You can access these by going to Settings > Display > Font Type and selecting your font of choice.  Pre-installed fonts include: Roboto, Travel, Foxrain, Coffee, Purewhite, and Serif -- You'll need to view them on the device to see what they look like in better detail.  Here's a preview:

LG_PreInstalled_Fonts.png

Now, let's go look at some fonts in the LG SmartWorld!  Once you select the Fonts category, you can see a list of all available fonts.  You can sort by "Top Free" or "New."  There is a long list of available fonts, and I have yet to come across one that is a paid font.  Other applications in the Play Store may provide one or two fonts at no cost but require additional in-app purchases for more fonts.  LG gives these to you for FREE (at this time, anyway)!   Here's some of the available fonts to choose from -- you can see a preview of the font in the icon of the font:

SmartWorld_Font_Options.png

I chose to go with the MS Star Candy and it looks like this:

Star_Candy_example.png

Here's a new keyboard layout that I chose as well -- Note that these overlays are for the stock LG Keyboard only:

Keyboard Example.png

Note - In order to change the keyboard theme once you've downloaded it follow this path: Settings > General > Language and Input > Click the Gear next to LG Keyboard in the list of available keyboards > Select Keyboard Theme > Choose desired theme.

Here's an example of a theme I downloaded -- it changes the pre-installed app icons as well, which gives it a nicer look instead of a simple background/font change:

Theme Example.png

Note - In order to change the theme once you've downloaded it follow this path: Settings > Display > Home Screen > Theme > Select desired theme

If you're like me and find yourself getting bored of the same old phone after a while, change it up a bit with these fun themes, fonts, and overlays!  There are numerous options to choose from, but what you choose is up to you!  Now, go out and save the world one theme or font at a time!

As always, thank you for reading!  Have you tested any themes, font or overlays?  What is your favorite so far?  Drop a line below with your customization setup of choice, I'd love to know what others like!

- Troy

0 Comments

lg_g4_logo.png

lg-g4-vs-lg-g3-3.jpg

Do you have calls coming in that you do not want to answer for whatever reason and would like a fast way to block them? The LG G4 has that option... The lovely ‘Rachel With Cardholder Services’* robocalls drive me crazy along with others like it. I was playing around with my phone and found an option to automatically reject those calls when they come in...

*Note: This may not work with this company since all the calls I have received come from different numbers, although will help with those that use the same phone number

reject.PNG

In order to add a call to the Reject call, go to Call Logs> find the number to add> tap the number>  Tap the 3 dots> Tap Reject Call. This will reject the call and send the call directly to your voicemail without the LG G4 ringing. The number can be removed from the Reject Call list by going through the same steps.

Call Rejected.PNG

The a rejected call will still show up in Call Logs if the caller calls again and will have an A with a circle with a slash through it indicating the call was rejected. In addition, a pop-up will see show up on the screen with "Call Rejected" on it.

I like having this option for blocking those annoying robocalls and telemarketers or other calls that may need to be ignored.

Check out the other features available on the LG G4 at a Sprint store near you....

Thanks,

Blue

0 Comments

I found this Droptest on Androidcommunity.com. Although it is heart breaking to watch it is pretty cool to see the phone is still operable in the end.

Droptest article can be found here: LG G4 survives a drop test, screen shattered but phone still works - Android Community

0 Comments

Every once in awhile you get a phone that is so beautiful that you don't want to put a case on it.  But, you run in to the problem would you rather have a beautiful phone that is vulnerable or cover it up and keep it protected.  I have had the pleasure of using 2 different cases and here is what I found.

First the LG Gr Otterbox Commuter case

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaez_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-otterbox_us_v2-Site/Sites-masterCatalog_OtterBox/default/v1436426937141/images/desktop/lgx4-g4-byo-1391-1629.jpg

First let me preface with I am not a fan of the bulkiness of the Otterbox case.  However this case is not that bulky and offers max protection.  Of the 2 cases I tested this one offers the most protection and let's face it Otterbox is the complete protector.  I received the teal version and didn't mind the color at all.  I was told it may not fit the Leather back LG G4 and it was a little tight but ultimately fit like a glove. Otterbox may have changed my mind about their cases on this one alone.  I look forward to trying future cases on different devices.

Second LG G4 Spigen Neo Hybrid Case

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0808/0067/products/G4_NH_title_gunmetal_grande.jpg?v=1431559259

I like Spigen cases and have been using them for awhile.  They offer good protection as well as a slim fit.  Just like the Otterbox case I was warned that it may not fit the LG G4 leather back.  Again like the Otterbox it was tight but fit like a glove.  Although the Otterbox offers more protection this case is slimmer.  It comes with a soft rubber case and hard bumper around the edges.

Conclusion:

There are two types of thought when it comes to cases.  Either you don't care about bulkiness and just want protection or you want some protection but want it to fit well in your pocket.  If you want the most protection hands down the Otterbox is the best case for you.  If you want it to fit better in your pocket and some protection then the Spigen case.  So depending on what you're looking for you cannot go wrong with either case!

0 Comments

I'm not always first in line so sometimes, technology slips by me unnoticed.  As was the case with the "LG Health" app pre-installed on the new LG's G4.

I'm not a stranger to the whole fitness tracker scene.  A little background here: about 2 years ago I was sitting about 70 lbs heavier.  I needed to take some action.  So I found technology-based devices to my track diet, activity and body weight.  Needless to say my efforts eventually paid off and I shed the weight (as well as a cholesterol medication that my doctor stated was no longer needed).  People were immediately surprised at my change but it was so easy to remain disciplined.  For me it was visual stats and a graph to monitor your progress.   Since then, I have always encouraged using a fitness tracker as an aid to get yourself on tract.  With the LG G4, this tracker is included free and provides no more excuses to those looking to start out.

First thing you'll appreciate is that it's all right here.  There are no external probes or accessories needed. I mean is neat having a pretty tracker clipped to your pocket.  It will give you added values like stairs climbed, sleep patterns, etc. but one thing those external trackers won't measure is your extreme stress level once you've lost that new $100 fitness tracker during your daily walk. 

Trust me it happens! 

In some ways it's the perfect business model.  Small things get lost (pure and simple).  Fitness trackers become quickly woven into your lifestyle and chances are you'll need a new one long before that warranty expires.  The product never fails but if a way you fail the product, resulting in a replacement quickly purchased.  This vicious cycle cost me about $300 spanning 4 devices and two years.  So that being said, I'm all for finding something a little more stable and LG Health might just be it.

Not having a dedicated device sacrifices some bells and whistles but that isn't to say the LG Health app is without features.  One thing I really like is how LG is open to integrate with 3rd party accessories.  From the "settings" screen, scroll down to "accessory" where you can add one of several accessories that integrate with the LG dashboard and keep track of Body Temperature, Blood Pressure and Weight.    I think the only critique that I have regarding these accessories, is not all listed compatible accessories are easily available. The two devices made by FORA are both affordable and easily ordered from many online retailers but you would be very pressed to find the proper OMRON devices.  Keep in mind Omron makes many look alike models all lack the needed Bluetooth interface.    However, a careful buyer might really benefit hunting down the "HBF-206it" which looks to have lots of great data stats that may even trump some of those other Wifi scales on the market. 

I'm still playing with this exciting little bonus app but so far so good.  My step count looks to be pretty accurate and again, it's nice not having to worry about another device and battery.  At the very least for beginners or well-disciplined users this is a great tool to keep you going. Hats off to LG for making an easy little app to get you started.

LG_Health.jpg

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

LG G4 - Unique Ringtones

With the new LG UX4 User Interface one of the features I am using all the time is the new Ringtone ID. I'm not one to constantly change my ringtones. For the longest time I would simply use the same one on each phone I had. If it didn't have the ringtone I liked to use I would move the one I have used onto the device. This is first Time I have not used my regular ringtones.

The Ringtone ID's is a fairly simple to setup. The feature can be accessed by going to Settings - Sound Tab - under the Sound Section. Here you can actively enable Ringtone ID's by selecting to turn it on or off. If you click on the name "Ringtone ID" you will be brought to a sub menu for this option. Here you can select how the Ringtone ID will be used. Ringtone ID can be set for Everyone, Only Contacts, or just Favorites. Me I choose just to use my favorites.

Screenshot_2015-06-28-07-24-10.png Screenshot_2015-07-05-09-52-16.png Screenshot_2015-07-05-09-52-29.png

Ringtone ID works by creating a unique ringtone based on the caller's phone number.  Certain digits determine the key and chord progression, then the actual phone number determines the notes played. To hear what Ringtone you have for someone just visit their contact card in your phone book scroll down to Ringtone ID and press the Play button. If the user has multiple numbers you will be given options to select the number you wish to hear.

Screenshot_2015-07-05-09-53-50.png

BE PREPARED - These tones are very basic almost whimsically sounding. I would compare it to a music box sound style. Hopefully they come out with options to change up the style maybe make it guitar riffs, or drums, or even brass horns. I'm sure this concept will be built on and look forward to the coming changes. In essence this is a nice change to the generic style sounds that are also included. This makes each person calling you unique in style and allows recognizing of them to be easily identified. As always if you are a 1 tone type of person you can always just set that up. As for me I will use this feature as I find it very cool.

Disclaimer:

0 Comments

Introducing the new LG G4!  This device is impressive.  Square away, the aesthetics are appealing, and the performance is invigorating.  The Sprint version of the LG G4 comes in either Black Leather or Metallic Gray.  I got the Black Leather back, and it is sleek.  The device is packed with a 1.8 GHz Hexa-Core processor (Snapdragon 808).  The display boasts a 5.5" screen with Quad High-Def IPS technology.  The Sprint version supports both 1.9 GHz and 800 MHz LTE as well as super-fast Sprint Spark capabilities in Spark enabled markets.  I like that the device has 32 GB of memory, with plenty of RAM (3GB).  My FAVORITE component of this phone is its camera.  It has a 16 MP rear camera and an 8 MP front-facing camera.  The camera sports laser fast picture-taking, and can easily take selfies using hand gestures!  A big plus over the Samsung Galaxy S6 (for me) is the Micro-SD card slot.  It is expandable up to 2 TB (when the technology becomes available).  The LG G4 supports LG's Knock On feature to turn the phone on / off by double tapping the screen, and has a rear form-factor design again for its volume and power buttons.  The display is beautiful, although I have noticed some slight dimming annoyances with the screen when viewed from certain angles, or when the brightness outdoors changes slightly.  I have included pictures of my unboxing of the phone as well as setup screens.  Enjoy!

20150702_203225_HDR.jpg 20150702_204304_HDR.jpg

20150702_204853.jpg 20150702_204817.jpg

Screenshot_2015-06-05-10-22-18.png Screenshot_2015-06-05-10-22-30.png Screenshot_2015-06-05-10-22-39.png

Screenshot_2015-06-05-10-23-22.png Screenshot_2015-06-05-10-25-01.png Screenshot_2015-06-05-10-25-53.png

Screenshot_2015-06-05-10-25-59.png Screenshot_2015-06-05-10-26-10.png Screenshot_2015-06-05-10-26-19.png

Screenshot_2015-06-05-10-26-56.png Screenshot_2015-06-05-10-27-04.png Screenshot_2015-06-05-10-27-34.png

Disclaimer: