Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Sprint

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Dear Sprint

PLEASE STOP ADDING CRAPWARE IN THESE DEVICES AND GIVE THE USER THE RIGHT TO UNINSTALL (NOT DISABLE) THEM, I already can't uninstall Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Hangouts, Drive (YES DRIVE TOO), you aren't making the situation any better by adding Crapware into these devices, PLEASE DEVELOP AN UPDATE TO GET RID OF THESE POINTLESS APPS IMMEDIATELY, NOT EVERYONE USES Facebook, Instagram,Messenger, Smart Contacts, Smart Phone, Pages Manager or the Voicemail App (I can check my voicemail through the Dialer.) This is irritating.

Why do you Phone Carriers feel the need to add these pointless apps into the Phone?? It's waisted space that can be used for something else.

I have the LG G4, if you're wondering what device I have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Dear Sprint

Like JeffSeee above, I too am a Sprint employee and Product Ambassador for the LG G4 (among other devices). I share in your frustration about certain apps that cannot be removed. However, many of the apps you mentioned (all Google apps) are added to your device courtesy of Google because they own and develop the Android operating system which powers your device. Those weren't Sprint decisions. It's no different than if you purchased and owned an Apple iPhone - you can't uninstall most of the Apple pre-installed apps that are pre-loaded.

As for the Facebook suite of apps; the decisions to "bake in" the FB suite apps was made high above my pay grade. Like you, I wish they could be removable for those customers who choose not to use FB, et al, so as to reclaim device storage space. But as of now they are not user removable. You can only disable and ignore them.

We appreciate hearing your feedback. We ARE listening and will pass it along! Thanks for being a Sprint customer!

CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi RuthDoke2008,

I also have an LG G4 (and I am a #sprintemployee).  I can share your frustration with apps taking up space that are not frequently used, although I am glad to have the Google suite of products on mine.  I do know this:  although it is a common practice among other carriers from my experience to do the same thing, these apps do, in fact, take up some space.  I'm thankful for the large amount of storage space on my LG G4, around 27 GB after system.  I'm also glad the device has an expandable storage option available using microSD.

Highlighted

Like JeffSeee above, I too am a Sprint employee and Product Ambassador for the LG G4 (among other devices). I share in your frustration about certain apps that cannot be removed. However, many of the apps you mentioned (all Google apps) are added to your device courtesy of Google because they own and develop the Android operating system which powers your device. Those weren't Sprint decisions. It's no different than if you purchased and owned an Apple iPhone - you can't uninstall most of the Apple pre-installed apps that are pre-loaded.

As for the Facebook suite of apps; the decisions to "bake in" the FB suite apps was made high above my pay grade. Like you, I wish they could be removable for those customers who choose not to use FB, et al, so as to reclaim device storage space. But as of now they are not user removable. You can only disable and ignore them.

We appreciate hearing your feedback. We ARE listening and will pass it along! Thanks for being a Sprint customer!

CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Believe me, I too am happy that the LG G4 has expandable storage, it's just that I would like Carriers for once to not add pre-installed software that I can't unistall, because this can also affect the performance of a device 🙂

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat