cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Error (Sprint ID)

Wizard

Re: Download Error (Sprint ID)

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
Sprint is running something nefarious behind the scenes on your device? they just up and decided that you are their target today and its time to mess with you right? notice no one else has popped in with this issue..which means in this case its device specific...as in its only affecting you.. meaning your device is having an issue and it needs to be checked out by a repair tech to see what is going on..and worse case scenario will need to be factory reset. did you try pulling up the app through settings and clearing the data on it?

I cleared cache and also factory reset yesterday.  I decided to leave it stocked, meaning I didn't bother to reinstalled back any apps or changed any settings.  Left it as-is after the factory reset and any Google and Sprint updates.  Well, got the same message this morning.

True, no one else chimed in, but do you really believe that I am the only one who received this notification?  Now that I've cleared it with the factory reset as mentioned above, and still getting the message about Sprint ID, it's definitely a Sprint program and looks to me that it's trying to download something to my device.  When I tried to drill down on the notification for details, all I get is a Sprint ID icon.  It doesn't load up the app or anything else.  Yeah, so it's a little disconcerting.

GrandMaster

you can always go directly to the app through settings-apps-all and look at it that way. you caln also Google "what is Sprint ID" and it will give you a break down of what exactly it is and how long its been on their devices.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
you can always go directly to the app through settings-apps-all and look at it that way. you caln also Google "what is Sprint ID" and it will give you a break down of what exactly it is and how long its been on their devices.

I know what that Sprint ID app is all about (or at least I think I know until this situation).  I've been with Sprint for years and have had multiple Android devices with them.  I was around when they first published this Sprint ID app.  Have had no need for it then and still none.

But, throughout my years I've not received such a notification before, and with it still coming after the factory reset and running clean (no apps installed other than what's deemed Sprint and Google specific) is disconcerting.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat