cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Error (Sprint ID)

Highlighted
Wizard

Download Error (Sprint ID)

I've been getting this notification on my device lately.  Not every day/night, but quite often.  It seems to have something to do with the Sprint ID.  The message shows in the notification bar, but when I touch for more details, nothing more is provided.  If I touch and hold, the Sprint ID icon app is displayed.

Here's the message from the notification bar with a grayed out icon of the Sprint ID:

Download Error

No action required.  ID will automatically retry.  Connection Failed (Code: 20).

Any one know what's happening or is also getting this message?  The Sprint ID app is running with version 4.2.8 on my device.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Master

Re: Download Error (Sprint ID)

badankles, I will be glad to help you out with this. Are you experiencing any issues with the data connection? Does the error message appears when you are doing something in particular? (Sending a text message, making a call, etc.)

Please try to update the PRL and profile;

1. Swipe down the Status bar.
  2. Tap the Settings icon.

3. In the General tab, scroll to and tap System updates.

4. Tap Update PRL.

5. Once the PRL update is complete, tap OK and then Update the Profile.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Wizard

The notification usually come overnight and not during the day.  I'll try updating the PRL and Profile, then give it a few nights and see if the message comes.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Master

badankles, perfect! Hopefully this will fix it, I'll be looking forward to your message.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Wizard

So, I checked the phone first thing this morning and saw the same exact message in the notification.  It doesn't impact my service, at least I don't think so.  Just curious and a little concern.  Maybe because Sprint service isn't very strong at my location so it has difficulty with the periodic handshake with the device?

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Please post your closest cross streets and ZIP code so we can check the towers around you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

@Sprint_Jeffrey wrote:

Please post your closest cross streets and ZIP code so we can check the towers around you.

Sorry for the delay.  Zip is 27604, and cross streets are Old Milburnie Road and New Bern Avenue.  Thank you.

Highlighted

Thanks for that. One question, does the Welcome to Sprint ID activation screen display, when you click on the ID icon? If so, please select Install an ID Pack and let me know what you see from there.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

@Sprint_Kelvin wrote:

Thanks for that. One question, does the Welcome to Sprint ID activation screen display, when you click on the ID icon? If so, please select Install an ID Pack and let me know what you see from there.

The Welcome to Sprint ID screen does not display when I touch the ID icon.  Nothing happens.  It's just annoying to see this message first thing almost every morning.  Although it doesn't seem to impact the functionality of the device, I can't help but think that Sprint is running something nefarious behind the scene on my device.

Highlighted
Master

badankles, in this case our recommendation is to perform a factory reset on the device. You can find the instructions @ http://sprint.co/2s1JYIZ, if you do not feel comfortable resetting the device yourself, you can visit a Sprint repair store.

Enter your zip code in the Sprint Store Locator to find a location near you.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Sprint is running something nefarious behind the scenes on your device? they just up and decided that you are their target today and its time to mess with you right? notice no one else has popped in with this issue..which means in this case its device specific...as in its only affecting you.. meaning your device is having an issue and it needs to be checked out by a repair tech to see what is going on..and worse case scenario will need to be factory reset. did you try pulling up the app through settings and clearing the data on it?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

@sprint_Ina wrote:

@badankles, in this case our recommendation is to perform a factory reset on the device. You can find the instructions @ http://sprint.co/2s1JYIZ, if you do not feel comfortable resetting the device yourself, you can visit a Sprint repair store.

Enter your zip code in the Sprint Store Locator to find a location near you.

I cleared cache and also factory reset yesterday.  I decided to leave it stocked, meaning I didn't bother to reinstalled back any apps or changed any settings.  Left it as-is after the factory reset and any Google and Sprint updates.  Well, got the same message this morning.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat