cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme battery drain - Sprint Zone, Google Play service

Journeyman

Re: Extreme battery drain - Sprint Zone, Google Play service

Having a phone up for 15-16hrs during the day and having 30% left is much better then 14hrs, with 7 of that being while sleeping, and only having 20%.

I don't expect 2-3days.  I had the HTC One M7, and I wanted to replace it because it was 2 yrs old and the battery wasn't lasting nearly as long (lost about 40% of life)... but it still would last through the day, and I used it more then I use this one.  The LG G4 has a 50% larger battery, but even brand new can't last as long as a 2yr old smaller battery.

I know the screen takes up more, but how stupid is LG then to use a screen that sucks down power so fast that they only way to get half a day of use, is to lower the brightness to below 40%, so you can't tell that its a decent screen anyways.

If this is how the phone is then fine, I'll have to see if I can still return it, I'd rather deal with the M7 until someone makes a decent phone again.

Master

chip and screen technology has advanced much more than battery technology, I think it would be an uproar if they go back to a 2.5 or 3" screens and a low resolution. I think that is  a catch 32 situation, damed if you do, damed if you don't.

I would try to see if you can put your phone on safe mode and see your battery usage that way you can see if the system is draining it or a hidden app.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

For that there would be an uprising...

But if they just went with a 5" screen with 1080P and the 3000mAh battery it would last a lot longer.  If the HTC M7 had this battery I would have only charged every other night to start.  and after 2 years would have still made it through the night at 30-40%.

For that there wouldn't be an uprising but parades in the streets.

Wizard

christo_1 wrote:

For that there would be an uprising...

But if they just went with a 5" screen with 1080P and the 3000mAh battery it would last a lot longer.  If the HTC M7 had this battery I would have only charged every other night to start.  and after 2 years would have still made it through the night at 30-40%.

For that there wouldn't be an uprising but parades in the streets.

@christo_1 it almost sounds like you are talking about the G2....

*I loved the G2, everything but the non-existent GPS!

Journeyman

Day time battery life is 11.5hrs.

I'm going to try Safe Mode today, then try the Sprint store...

Journeyman

Hello everyone, I have discovered the source of this extreme battery drain. LG in their "finite" wisdom decided to "help" us by loading a stock version of Facebook and Messenger. These two stock apps are battery hogs. There is a way to resolve the problem. Go into Settings > Apps and find those two, disable each one and force stop. Once you have done that, go to Google Play Store and install Fast for Facebook and Fast for Messenger. Those two are so much lighter and don't kill the battery. I have been running the entire day not charging and leaving everything open; I still have 45% power remaining. Try it and let me know what your results are.

GrandMaster

was this showing up under battery usage as both of those apps or as google play services?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Those and also watch out for NFC, turn that off.

GrandMaster

only time i run that is when transferring info from one phone to another..only time you should really run that anyways.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Another thing to watch out for on this phone is the auto sync for your email accounts. I turned mine off and sync when I want to check my email. That also seemed to keep the phone cool and extend the battery life dramatically. I have had the phone off the charger for four hours now and I still have 100% battery making that modification plus the other things I have recommended.

GrandMaster

since youre shutting down auto sync you can probably just run extreme battery saver mode and it will shut that stuff down for you.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat