cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD Voice Attempting but not connecting

GrandMaster

Re: HD Voice Attempting but not connecting

if im remembering right both phones must be connected to a tower that has HD in order for it to work. but on the flip side if both of you have wifi calling activated on your devices HD calling wont work..or maybe its only while connected to WFC..let me ask around a bit.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Wifi calling had already been deactivated on both devices when she called.  Hers never showed "hd attempting"?  Is it possible she could travel for 30 miles and never hit a hd voice tower?  I had to get rid of the wifi calling to use my sprint phone number as my google voice number.  I haven't tried to re setup the wifi calling since i started using google voice for my sprint number.  Not sure it would work.  

GrandMaster

its a possibility. but it also depends on where you guys live. there are some areas where the tower owner wont allow any tower upgrades so i guess its a possibility..
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

on both phones fully make sure its deactivated..go into the the wifi calling and top right should be 3 dots..click on that and there should be an option in there to deactivate it.
Journeyman

I tested it out in Winston Salem, NC and still nothing.  Changed towers at least 8 times and still no HD Voice.  Cant figure it out

Sprint Social Care

Thanks for staying in touch with us linkford.

• Voice quality is not easy to measure subjectively as you will need special equipment to do so.  However, here are some recommended steps to follow for testing & validating HD Voice is present:
  1. Have at least three phones.
    • Two must be the same kind/model and HD Voice capable
    • The third phone different then the first two and not HD Voice capable
  2. Place the 1st HD Voice capable in a noisy environment
    • Like sports bar during a football game or a crowded bar during happy hour.
  3. Place the 2nd HD Voice capable outside and away from the noisy environment of the 1st phone but keep it close by so it is served by the same tower/sector.
  4. Place the 3rd phone (non HD capable) in the same location as the 2nd phone.
  5. Place a call from 1st phone to the 2nd.
    • The person listening on the 2nd phone should hear the 1st phone clearly without much background noise.
  6. Hang up the first call and place another call  from 1st phone to the 3rd phone (non HD Voice capable).
    • The person listening on the 3rd phone should hear the 1st phone but not as clearly as the first call and will hear most of the background noise. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It appears that my google voice was the problem with the hd voice.  Didn't learn till today that it will not work while Google voice is active.

GrandMaster

woof. so those are 2 things that can not be activated in order to have HD calling..personally i can tell the difference between the two but hearing a bit clearer or getting calls in my home that is the death of reception? i choose the reception with WFC lol.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Going to test it here in about 10 minutes to see.  I now have google voice deactivated too.  I will make a post if it works with it off, and make this a solved chat.

Journeyman

We tested while my girlfriend was heading home.  It appears you can only have HD voice when google voice and wifi calling are disabled.  HD voice will not work with either one active.

GrandMaster

because its using either the GV or wifi calling services and bypassing HD..now its making sense. nice troubleshooting yo. mark your answer to this as the correct answer so its the first thing people see when they search this out.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat