cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD Voice Attempting but not connecting

Highlighted
Journeyman

HD Voice Attempting but not connecting

I am in North Georgia, and according to the coverage map, I allegedly am in a Spark area.  Hard to tell because my speeds have been the same for a few years now.  Nonetheless, one thing that used to work was the HD Voice calling.  I was able to talk to friends who were on HD voice capable devices, and the HD icon on my phone would light up indicating that we were indeed on an HD call.  The quality of the sound was unmatched on a cell phone.  That worked for a while, but now, I never get HD voice.  My wife, my daughter, and I all have LG devices that all show "HD attempting" on the calls, but they never connect. 

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Sarfdawg

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Master

Re: HD Voice Attempting but not connecting

This is just a suggestion not a fix.

Try turning your phone off, pull the battery off and hold the power button for few sec.

put the battery back in and turn the phone on, do a Profile and PRL update. See if the HD voice will connect now.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just bought two new lg g6's and having the same problem.  hd attempting then nothing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

just joined Sprint 3 weeks ago, and I have always had hd attempting then nothing on my lg g6 phones.  Dont know how to activate.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it should be automatic. to be honest i havent payed much attention while on calls with my G6...also keep in mind you are posting in the G4 board..same scenario but a huge difference in devices mainly due to age.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I don't know what is going on then.  Both of my LG G6's show "hd attempting" then quits when the phone rings.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry I am on the wrong board... Lets see what happens on the G6 board

Highlighted
GrandMaster

if you have wifi calling on both of those devices this might be the answer.~~~>>>>> The following features currently incompatible Wi-Fi Calling. When opting-in for the Wi-Fi Calling service, your phone will no longer be able to use the following features.>>> HD Voice<<<< Premium Caller ID Voice Account Controls from Sprint.com (Call Blocking by specific numbers) Select Abbreviated Dialing Codes (Short codes starting with * or #) RingBack Tones StarStar Me Google Voice with your existing Sprint number Integrated Office (IO) Business Service Sprint Mobile integration (SMI) Business Service Wireless Mobile Integration (WMI) Business Service Sprint Direct Connect Now Application Wireless Emergency Alerts Wireless Priority Services (WPS) Government Emergency Telecommunications Service (GETS) TTY (Teletypewriter) Service<<<<~~~~ pull from here https://www.sprint.com/en/support/solutions/services/faqs-about-wi-fi-calling.html
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

you are fine. different device but still the same issue. HD voice.
Highlighted
Journeyman

have went as far as restoring and still no hd voice.  One of the "Clear" (Clearwire) towers may be the problem.  Not sure but they may not of upgraded the tower i am using, and I am not sure if I am even connecting to one of their old towers.  Not sure what is happening.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

that is also a strong possibility. one of the agents can probably check into what all is on your closest towers and what isnt so far. they will need a zip code and the closest cross streets.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Talking to my girlfriend now.  And while in the call i am getting "hd attempting" while in the call now.  Havent seen that before.  But still no connect.  Maybe something with her phone. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat