cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 Boot Loop consolidation thread

Highlighted

Re: LG G4 Boot Loop consolidation thread

Hey Cerezo28! I do see how this can be a frustrating experience and that's why I'd like to have a look into your situation. Please, review the private message I sent you so we can start working with this.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

-Your first name - Marc -Date and time this happened – 4 PM Saturday 6/10 -Name of the rep you spoke with and or any other individuals you worked with. - Store rep did not give his name -store address/information and if possible the store number (example. Sprint store 321) so they can be contacted. Sprint Store #1799 13927 Cedar Rd Cedar Center North South Euclid, OH 44118 -A brief explanation of what you were told by the store agents(s). The store representative I spoke to did not give me his name, and told me he was from a different store. When I walked up to him, he asked what sort of problem I had, and I explained to him that I had the LG G4 boot loop issue. He briefly checked my phone for water damage, and power cycled to verify that it was that issue. At this point, he asked for my name and phone number so he could look up my account. He printed a form and told me that it would cost $75 to have my defective unit replaced. He explained the policy is now to charge a $75 fee to replace the phone unless customers pay for the protection plan. It was only after I signed the form that he told me I had to pay. I am on a family plan, and the person who is in charge of purchase decisions on the account is currently out of town and not available for contact. I was informed that I would need to pay the $75 at that time to be able to initiate the process to get a replacement phone. When I asked about the possibility of waiving the fee, I was told that was not possible, and when I asked about the possibility of getting a basic phone until the person who manages my account is available, I was told there would be an additional fee for that as well if I returned the phone. I asked if it was possible to bill the fee to the account, since I didn't have the money on hand to pay for the replacement phone at that time. The representative checked with the store manager and told me that I would have to pay immediately, and that they could not charge it to the account. He then proceeded to suggest I get a credit card "for situations like this". They also told me at that time that I was eligible for an upgrade, and tried to push me to upgrade my phone rather than try to actually help me with the phone I have. I am very disappointed in the way this was handled. This is not the customer service experience I have grown accustomed to with Sprint.
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello DoesntMatter.

We can definitely understand where you are coming from. The store representative is correct when he said that the policy replacing the LG G4 with the Loop Problem changed. Repair stores are charging the $75 to replace the LG G4. Let's review your account and see how we can get this issue resolved. We just sent you a Private Message, please reply back as soon as you can.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

-Your first name - Marc

-Date and time this happened – 12:30 PM Wednesday 6/21

-Name of the rep you spoke with and or any other individuals you worked with - Matt (Asurion tech) and Nick (ASM)

-store address/information and if possible the store number (example. Sprint store 321) so they can be contacted.

Sprint Store #1799

13927 Cedar Rd
Cedar Center North
South Euclid, OH 44118

-A brief explanation of what you were told by the store agents(s).

Yesterday I went back to the sprint store to pay the fee to get my phone replaced. At that time the tech, Matt, told me that the fee would be $350, not the standard $75 that had previously been mentioned in store and on this thread. The person who I had spoken to on my previous visit was not there, and the people that were working at that time seemed to not be aware of the LG G4 boot loop issue or how it was being handled by Sprint. At this point, I spoke with the assistant store manager, Nick, and asked if there was anything he could do in this situation. He told me he was unable to help me with this issue. All of this is in direct contradiction to what Sprint_Juan has told me, as well as the previous representatives in the store. Is there any way you can contact the store to inform them on how to handle this situation, or put a note on my account on the proper procedure involved in replacing this device?

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello DoesntMatter.

We are really concern to rad about your experience at the store. Give us a chance to review your account and see how we can help you resolve this issue. We just sent you a Private Message, please reply back as soon as you can.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat