cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 Freezes When Bluetooth is Enable

Wizard

LG G4 Freezes When Bluetooth is Enable

Anyone found a way to get around this issue?  I only use the bluetooth occasionally so it's off most of the time.  Whenever I turn on bluetooth the device would freeze so I end up having to pull the battery.  Upon restart, the bluetooth is enabled and functions as normal.

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: LG G4 Freezes When Bluetooth is Enable

if youre able to prior to turning on BT go into your settings and try to see how much memory is being used up at that time..wonder if its popping up due to lack of memory due to to many things running in the background still. a restart would flush all of those out.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

It corrected itself. Maybe it has something to do with memory usage, I don't know. But it's not freezing anymore from my occasional enable/disable of the BT.
GrandMaster

did you restart the phone or anything prior to it working again?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
did you restart the phone or anything prior to it working again?

I would have to say yes, but have done that prior also when it wasn't working, too.  I'm not a newbie to Android (have even root and flash prior devices) so not unfamiliar with how it works, but still only at a high-level understanding.  Although, my current device is not or have ever been rooted and running stock.  This situation is just unexplained and I don't mind leaving it at that just because it could have come down to many variables.  Software update, app update, memory usage, power cycle frequency, etc.  I was thinking about doing a clean wipe and factory reset, but it corrected itself so didn't.

GrandMaster

got it..was hoping to narrow down the fix in your scenario in case anyone else ran into this..could always work for them as well but at this point its a mystery lol.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat