Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 Stuck in Boot Loop

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G4 Stuck in Boot Loop

Please help!

Three days ago, my LG G4 model LS991--which I purchased on 7/1/15, so like 6 months ago--shut down and started up on the LG screen, and then never gets beyond. It will then power cycle, and again goes to the LG screen, and then just hangs on that screen until the battery dies.

I have been able to start it in recovery mode, but nothing seems to help. I tried clearing the cache, and even tried to reset to factory settings. Same result--stuck in the startup loop.

I went into a Sprint store to see what they suggested I do. They told me that because I did not purchase the device protection plan, there is nothing they can or will do. They suggested I send the malfunctioning device into LG, and it would probably take between 4-6 weeks for me to get it returned. Even though Sprint recommended this phone to me AND it is obvious I have taken immaculate care of the phone - there are no scratches, not even fingerprints (it has been in a rugged case since day 1). This is obviously a hardware or software problem that must be known by both Sprint and LG.

You would think Sprint would do a little more to help their customers. After all, LG is one of their significant supply chain partners, and this MUST be a known issue.  

Any suggestions on how to get this brick replaced quickly, and without having to pay more out of my pocket?  It just doesn't seem right.

Tags (2)
247 REPLIES 247
GrandMaster

Re: LG G4 Stuck in Boot Loop

there were known issues with some of the G4's that were purchased prior to Sept 2015. they were being replaced whether you have TEP or not..its in their internal notes.

My phone is stuck on the LG logo screen

3rd page contact RLCOLLECTOR68 about this including the store location and either their store number or telephone number. do this through private message though. to send a pm

through a computer-

click on his name or picture and once in his profile on the right side half way down the page will be the option to send him the pm. include the link to your thread so he has a reference.

through a phone/device

once on this site go into your browsers settings and switch it to full site mode..once the view changes do the same steps as above.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I had the same problem with my LG, took into a Sprint store where I received excellent customer service. There was a factory recall on my LG phone. I did have the insurance  coverage. Thank goodness...

Journeyman

My phone did this last night. I took it to the store today and they are replacing my phone because it still under warranty. I got my phone July 2015. I love my g3 better than the new g4 I never had any problems out of it. My phone was getting hot while on the charger and freezing up in the last time it froze I pulled the battery out and it's stuck on the boot screen. This sucks!!!

Journeyman

I had the same issue Spring said "its a known issue" their fix.. replace with a refurbished phone.

Journeyman

Mine did this last night. I looked over at my phone and it was on the LG life is good screen. Well life is not so good when your phone will not come on. Mine phone is only about 6 months old. I have had phones a long time and I have never had on die on me like this! I have an appointment at the repair center. Let's see what they say. Wonder if this is an issue with the Android update to Marshmallow? Mine just update a week or two ago.

Journeyman

Mine just started doing the same thing today 1/24/2015.  After the last update, not sure whats going on with it.  kinda [inappropriate word removed] me off as i use it for work and I am currently on-call and my police station.

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Journeyman

I took mine in and Sprint ordered me another phone. I am sure it will be a re-manufactured unit

It is under manufacturing warranty. Which is one year.

I don't have a phone right now as my replacement phone will not be in until next week.

I got mine to boot all the way up once by taking out the battery and putting it back in and then pushing the one button. I did this all day and it came up all the way about three times. Two of the times it stayed on for about a minute, but one time it stayed up about 10 minutes which gave me enough time to check text messages before it shut down again.

Journeyman

I did yhe same with mine. I refuse to have someone elses phone. I am sending mine to lg for repair and i get my phone back.they told me i could use the warranty device they were sending as long as i returned it within 14 days

Journeyman

My G4 just did this today. Stuck in boot loop. Can't pass thE LG screen. I called the sprint store and they said that since I don't have insurance that I would have to go directly to LG for the warranty. I've had the phone for 6 months. What was your process

GrandMaster

what is the serial number on your device? or when was it purchased?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I purchased on 7/08/15.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat