Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 Stuck in Boot Loop

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G4 Stuck in Boot Loop

Please help!

Three days ago, my LG G4 model LS991--which I purchased on 7/1/15, so like 6 months ago--shut down and started up on the LG screen, and then never gets beyond. It will then power cycle, and again goes to the LG screen, and then just hangs on that screen until the battery dies.

I have been able to start it in recovery mode, but nothing seems to help. I tried clearing the cache, and even tried to reset to factory settings. Same result--stuck in the startup loop.

I went into a Sprint store to see what they suggested I do. They told me that because I did not purchase the device protection plan, there is nothing they can or will do. They suggested I send the malfunctioning device into LG, and it would probably take between 4-6 weeks for me to get it returned. Even though Sprint recommended this phone to me AND it is obvious I have taken immaculate care of the phone - there are no scratches, not even fingerprints (it has been in a rugged case since day 1). This is obviously a hardware or software problem that must be known by both Sprint and LG.

You would think Sprint would do a little more to help their customers. After all, LG is one of their significant supply chain partners, and this MUST be a known issue.  

Any suggestions on how to get this brick replaced quickly, and without having to pay more out of my pocket?  It just doesn't seem right.

247 REPLIES 247
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Good morning R_MONK

Sorry to read about your sons phone. You are right, this is a known issue for this device. You will have to bring the LG G4 to your local Corporate Sprint Repair Store and have the device diagnosed. Once we are certain the device has the issue, we will order you a replacement. Remember, if the device has any type of physical damage (water damage or cracked screen), it will not be replaced. For a store in your area, please visit: http://sprint.co/1bWupaC

We can help you find a store if you like.

We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

This just happened to mine yesterday. I took it to my sprint store and they told me theres nothing they can do about it. that id have to go directly to lg. Please send me a mesaage. thanks

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Good morning bdonley02

We can definitely help you here. So that your device is replaced, it can not have any physical damage (water damage or cracked screen). Allow us to review your account.
We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

To access to your private messages, click on your name or avatar. This will take you into your profile. Once in there you will see the private message notification. If you're posting from a phone/mobile device, once on this site and logged in, go into your browsers settings and change it to full site mode/desktop mode. Once the site changes, follow the steps above.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The same thing happened to me. My phone stopped working last night. I took it to a Sprint Sales store. They told me that I needed to take it to a Repair Center this morning and they would replace it since my phone has no damage and this is a known issue. When I went to the Repair Center, they asked if I had insurance and then, without even looking at my phone, told me that I had to go through LG. LG gave me a timeline of 9 business days! This is unacceptable--my cell phone is my only phone for both home and work.

It seems like some people are getting actual customer service from the store. I clearly did not. What can I do?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you have insurance?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issues as well and I'm very upset about it and I've just been treated horribly at both a 3rd party and corporate owned stores and I'm just about to give up on sprint and the g4. I mean this is the second time this has happen to me

Highlighted
Master

PRESNICK71, RockManRock,

We would definitely love the opportunity to help! Please reply to the private message I sent you.

To access to your private messages, click on your name or avatar. This will take you into your profile. Once in there you will see the private message notification.

If you're posting from a phone/mobile device, once on this site and logged in, go into your browsers settings and change it to full site mode/desktop mode. Once the site changes, follow the steps above.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted

While I have been disapointed in the absolutely horrible quality control on the LG G4, Sprint and the local repair store have given me excellent service and no trouble in replacing my bricked and boot looped phone directly (not through LG's process). I am now on my 4th G4 and my wife is on her 3rd. I did ask to be replaced with the LG G5 this go around. However, they said that Sprint is not allowing that as LG has finally fixed the problem. I am skeptical but the store was adament that LG has "truly" fixed it on the 2016 manufactured models. We shall see. 

Highlighted

My son just had the same problem.  LG G4 froze and took out the battery. Try to turn on the phone but start doing bootloop.  I tried factory reset but with no success.  So, what is my next course of action?

Thanks

Highlighted

Sorry to read about your sons device.  Does your son's device have any physical damage, like water damage or a cracked screen? If the device has no physical damage, the device can be replaced at one of our Sprint Corporate Repair Store. Here is how to find a store: Sprint.com/storelocator We recommend that you call the store first. Let us know if you run into any issues.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I had the same issue with my LG G4 and wasn't given a replacement on the spot.  I had insurance on my phone, my phone was in top condition and I took it to a repair center and they were like oh we'll have to order it, can't take it out of our inventory here. You'll have to wait 3-5 days standard shipping for it. I asked if there was any way I could have a loan phone or something because this was on a Saturday and they wouldn't even order it until Monday making me go a WEEK without a phone. I was offered to pay over 200$ to go ahead and upgrade and it's like um no, my phone was fine until YOUR issue with YOUR PHONE  started out of nowhere yesterday. It's an issue caused by the phone and not me, yet I'm the one getting the crappy end of the stick. So not only I was left empty handed but I had to go out and buy a tracfone to get me by as my phone is essential for my job. I honestly felt they were just trying to get me out the door as they didn't even look at the phone I had brought in. I get it's not their fault the phone messed up but if it's such a common issue they should of had my phone to replace on the spot... 

Highlighted

Good morning renaebrown95.

We are sorry to read about your resent impasse. Know that  every effort is made to resolve your issue and return your original device to you. In this situation, the LG G4 is a device that will have to be replaced, not repaired. You have a good point though, why not replace the LG G4 with a device from the store? Unfortunately the process calls for that particular device to be replaced by the warehouse not the store. We understand the how important it is to have your device working at all times. This Recall was unexpected and have caused great inconvenience to many customers. Sprint no longer offers loners phone, instead, we offer to swap your device to any spare Sprint branded device. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

If you have additional questions, feel free to reach back. You can also visit: http://shop.sprint.com/global/pdf/services_solutions/service_n_repair.pdf for your service and repair questions answers.

Juan

Sprint social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat